“Claimed I smoked in room and charged me $100 extra!!!!”

Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My family stayed at BW placentia to meet my newborn nephew. We had a great time. Beds were comfy, breakfast was decent and room was fine.
Problem came after we left and I check my acct and they had charged $100 instead of refunding my deposit! The manager Christina Lopez first said we smoked then said they found cannabis leaves in the room. I have no idea what she is talking about. They went ahead, without contacting me first- to tell me there was a problem or that they found something, and charged me. I am so upset about this. $200 down the drain because she said 'someone' saw a couple pot stems in the room somewhere. Lies and totally unethical.... I am waiting for company to resolve this. Will update my review then.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank CatherineElizabeth07
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was surprised by the low rate, but learned quickly once I checked in. The installed shower had mildew on the door and it took forever to get hot water. The bed, pillows, internet, and shower were all fine. The carpet needed to be shampooed. The staff was not the friendliest either. Previously I really raved about the hotel, but this experience was not the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Took a long weekend with my husband and this was our first stay here. Check in was fine and we had a room on the third floor at the end. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good, plus it was great we could walk over to Denny's since we overslept a couple of times.

The only drawbacks were that there were no washcloths in the bathroom, luckily housekeeping fixed us up quickly. The other was when I went to print our boarding passes, there wasn't any paper in either printer. I had to go ask for some at the front desk and she only gave me five sheets! Otherwise, nice stay for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank too2cheep
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights while visiting our daughter. The place was clean as well as our room. A nice selection for breakfast with fruit, bacon, eggs, cereal and huge waffles! Our disappointment was the bathtub was plugging up and the hot tub did something to our swimsuits and skin. We turned green! Was itchy for a few days afterward even after showering. Not sure what was in the hot tub?? The price of the room was very good. I would recommend this place especially for families who are going to the theme parks and beaches. I might stay here again because of the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn J
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was very nice with clean rooms and common area. The room sizes were a good size. The staff was very friendly. This hotel is in a great location as it is very close to Disneyland and other Anaheim area attractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The Bed springs felt as they were broken and dilapidated. . Bed felt like sleeping on a mattress that was older than me. The place was clean and cheap, but the back pain and restless sleep was not work the financial savings.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GGPEACH35
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Comfortable bed, great internet, but the dishes of cigarette butts on the tables in front of the hotel are DISGUSTING!!! The hotel uses demand pricing, so you don't get the same rate every time for the same room. Also, some of the room on the second floor have exterior lights that shine into the room at night. Always ask for a third floor room at the ends of the building.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David Justin L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel

Address: 118 E Orangethorpe Ave, Placentia, CA 92870-6410 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Orange County Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Placentia
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Price Range: £61 - £185 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Placentia Inn And Suites