“Exactly like Grandmas!”
Review of 301 Cafe

301 Cafe
Ranked #25 of 96 Restaurants in Placentia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Yes the Chief had relatives visit and we met here in nearby Fullerton. Well I had to go back and check out this great spot from my days attending school at Cal-State. I last came here in summer of 72.
The fare is great, carnita tacos and chile verde...the beer is cold. When Maggie used to run the place the beer would go up a nickel for the mariachis.
In those times as was the case don't be in a hurry, its not fast food! Go enjoy the spicy salsa with chips order a cold one and have a great time

2  Thank TheChiefFromCali

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have been eating at the 301 for over 45 years. Still a great experience. Not your knockoff "Mexican" restaurant so prevalent now throughout the county. This is the real deal.
Just all others against the 301 Café.

2  Thank 1Tuckles
Reviewed 23 March 2013

If you want real homecooked Mexican food, this is the place! The crispy chicken tacos and carnitas tacos are the BEST in Orange County. We have been coming to the 301 for 30 years, and our family feels like this is comfort foor! We LOVE this place!!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This restaurant has been here for quite a while from what I gathered. The owner Elva does everything! Southern California is full of watered down Anglo/Mexican places. This is the real deal!! I had the carnitas tacos, and "hot" burrito. The hot burrito is a chile verde and it is hot but its a good hot! The flavor is unbelievable! You give yourself a break from the heat but its so flavorful you go right back for more. It's in the old downtown area. Perfectly safe but don't let the old building fool you. Other place in the neighborhood are the Anglo/Mexican version. This is the real deal!!

2  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for over 35 years. Simply put, the best Mexican food in world! Even though I now live about 25 miles away my wife and I come here to celebrate nearly every occasion in our lives: birthdays, anniversaries, job promotions, Valentine's Day, or just to celebrate the end of the week. We even had our wedding rehearsal dinner here. The two nicest people have been working there ever since I started coming here back in the 70s. So friendly and so quaint inside it feels like coming home. Two dinners and a pitcher of beer will set you back about 22 bucks. Before dinner they provide you with chips, salsa, guacamole and these delicious carrots and jalapenos in vinegar. Careful though, you are likely to fill up on these before you ever get your meal! I can't say enough good about this place. You have to try this place sometime in your life or you are truly missing out on one of the small pleasures in life. My favorite restaurant in the world!

1  Thank Amadeus626