“Stellar Location - a "bella vista" overlooking the America River”

Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
Ranked #2 of 7 Placerville B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Stellar Location - a "bella vista" overlooking the America River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

Once I solidified my business trip North of Placerville I began the quest for accommodations close by. Much to my amazement and utter delight a came upon the Bella Vista B & B. What a superb location on 5 manicured acres overlooking the America River from a vantage high above. My suite was very roomy, comfortable and elegant, complete with a large jacuzzi tub and endless views across the valley below. The Inn was quiet and peaceful which allowed me to both relax and complete a lot of work thanks to the WIFI. My wife and I are planning a trip to Gold County in early summer to hike and white water raft. We will definitely stay at the illustrious Bella Vista Bed and Breakfasrt!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TopangaMalibu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

I loved this house... The property, the house, the pool, the view over the river valley! The pool actually has a sand beach around it... The sunset over the valley was spectacular! We took the recommendation of the Innkeepers and went to town for dinner... Amazing as well. I loved this sleepy little town so much more than if we'd stayed in Placerville...

I will definitely return next fall...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

My sister surprised me with a "Girls Only" weekend at the Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Estate. We drove through the entry gates, rounded a curve and the Bella Vista came into view. My jaw literally dropped open! This place is nothing short of breath-takingly beautiful. The building looks like a Tuscan villa and the beautifully landscaped lawns & gardens, complete with glittering waterfountains and a babbling brook, are gorgeous. And it doesn't stop at the outside. As you walk up the wide stairway to the entry door soft music plays in the background and everywhere you look something of interest catches your eye . The interior of the Bella Vista is exquisitely furnished continuing with the Italian theme. My sister and I stayed in the two bedroom Rio Vista Suite and once I saw it I didn't want to leave. We had our own private patio with a gorgeous view of the Coloma Valley and were only a few steps away from an island-inspired pool complete with "wet" bar & under water stools. We were only planning to stay for two nights, but loved the Bella Vista so much we extended our stay for two more days. Owners Bob & Kathleen Ash went all out to make our stay a memorable one. We look back on our stay there with fond memories and look forward to going there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2009

Although it's a bit of a drive from Placerville the Bella Vista is a gorgeous and romantic place to stay. Once we arrived we were awestruck by the beautiful views of the American River and surronding hills. The owners were sweet and accomodating and the breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

Writing such a positive review of the Bella Vista B&B is a double-edged sword -- while we want to say wonderful things about this amazing B&B, we worry that it will become so desirable that it will be difficult to get a reservation! The pictures on the web site can't do this property justice. The house, grounds, pool, and view are spectacular. We stayed in the Buena Vista Suite, which is correctly described as "cozy." Everything about this suite was perfect, as long as you understand that you'll have to do some juggling and side-stepping to get past your roommate. Regardless, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was beautiful and quiet. The balcony was an awesome spot for a glass of wine and good conversation as well. The other two suites at the Bella Vista look awesome and well worth the price. The pool area will make you think you stepped onto an island -- with sand at your feet, relaxing music, waterfalls and hot tub, you just won't want to go home. The pool even has a water slide set into the boulders! The Innkeepers, Bob & Kathleen Ash, have outdone themselves. They talk about enjoying what they do, and it shows! We have steered away from other B&B's with a concern that the Innkeepers would be too intrusive. This is not the case at the Bella Vista. Bob & Kathleen offered wine and an evening snack, made sure that we had what we needed, and then were off to the other side of the property. In the morning, they brought an amazing breakfast down to us while we sat by the pool -- fresh fruit and muffin as well as a scrumptious hot breakfast that made me beg for the recipe! This is definitely an exquisite B&B!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#4 of 7 in Placerville
Enchanted April Inn
Enchanted April Inn
#1 of 1 in Pilot Hill

Been to Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

Property: Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
Address: 581 Cold Springs Rd., Placerville, CA 95667
Region: United States > California > Placerville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Placerville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. 3.5*
Bella Vista is a luxurious hillside estate with views overlooking the Coloma Valley and the American River. We offer a resort-like stay for guests of all occasions, and make the perfect venue for a dream wedding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.