See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This was a lovely place with a homely feel, in a quiet location but not far from the amenities of the town. The owners were absolutely delightful and made me feel very comfortable and well looked after. My room was very comfortable and I got a great night's sleep in the peace of this rural setting. Being the only guest that night, I was treated to a delicious omelette, bakes goodies and fresh fruit for breakfast, and a nice chat, that,set me up perfectly for the day. Highly recommended and a great reason to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Robin M, Owner at Fleming Jones Homestead B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay! We surely enjoyed having you here and hope the rest of the Hwy 49 adventure was superb.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

After a too long of a break in between we just returned to this beautiful working ranch and B&B! Hosts Robin and Mark are the kindest, most intelligent and interesting people you will ever meet. Having lived in the area for a while they are a font of local history and other information as well. We stayed in the larger of the two "Bunk House" rooms which is a bit more rustic than the rest of the house. Being in our 60s, we enjoyed the privacy, the easy in and out as well the lack of stairs to our room. Our room had its own bath, was very clean, quiet, air conditioned, spacious, and came with a basket of snacks and turn-down service with chocolates at bedtime. Like B&Bs in England, full breakfast was gourmet with various eggs, fruit, yogurt, bacon, sausage, biscuits, breads, jams and delicious coffee. YUM! Breakfast stayed with us for a full day of wine tasting in Placerville and nearby Plymouth. After dinner in town, we arrived home to find fresh brownies and port for dessert. Staying at Flemming Jones is like having a home away from home that is run by your best friends!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the main house look fine but we prefer the bunk house!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinacoleggo
Reviewed 21 September 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at "The Pharm" for a romantic getaway weekend to beautiful El Dorado County. We didn't know what to expect at first, but this was truly one of the coolest bed and breakfasts we've stayed at. It's a great place to stay if you want to leave behind the hustle and bustle of city life and really experience life in the countryside. Would highly recommend this for anyone looking for something a with a more intimate and rustic feel.

Robin and Mark run "The Pharm" as a combination ranch (with miniature horses!) and bed & breakfast. They are super attentive, incredibly helpful in suggesting nearby activities, and we had a blast chatting with them. In addition, Robin cooked us delicious breakfast every morning, taking the term "farm to table" to another level. They really made us feel family and we would love to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Lover’s Fancy Room", which was very spacious with a private bathroom and shared balcony. Great choice for couples!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Robin M, Owner at Fleming Jones Homestead B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you Alex for your review! We sure enjoyed living vicariously through your adventures!! Sure am looking forward to seeing you two again!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

We enjoyed our stay here. The hosts are friendly and full of information and recommendations in the area. We stayed two nights over the holiday weekend. The breakfasts were very good (start hungry, it helps.) I believe there are 5 rooms, three of which were occupied the first night. (We were the only ones there the second night.) Although our bathroom was down a short hall, it is only used by the occupants of our room, so its not really an issue. (The other room upstairs has its own bathroom.)

The location was good, close to many of Placerville's attractions but quiet enough to be enjoyable. The best part of this property is the porch outside of the room.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2014

It's difficult to review this place because when my friends & I first arrived, well to be honest, we hoped we were at the wrong place. It is a bit chaotic looking, first impressions for us was not good..a big old camper van out front, it just looks untidy. Also when we arrived the lady said she thought we were arriving in another couple of days but it was ok as there was nobody there, they had just been painting out on the porch so needed to tidy it. The guy, mark offered us drinks.

We asked to view the rooms in case we could smell the paint. As my friend & I walked in towards the kitchen, I could help catching a glimpse of a side window which was full of cobwebs and remnants of spiders.. I was not looking forward to the rooms.

As you walk up the stairs there are teddy bears everywhere which seems a bit odd and creepy for some reason, they are also in the sitting room, so it feels like a grand-mothers house (I also think Teddy's are dust collectors).

The rooms were fine, large, clean and when we returned there were little goody baskets which is nice. Our room was not en-suite but again the bathroom was a good size but felt like it was your grand-mothers house..

The owners Robin and Mark are very friendly.. again they just come across as quirky, but some people might like that.

We went for dinner so that they could prepare the rooms. I have to admit we weren't overly looking forward to returning, but it turned out ok. We slept well (once we removed the teddy bear from the bed). The following morning we had a nice breakfast, just couldn't help feel that things are bit disorganised that's all and made me wonder a bit too much... The host Mark was very attentive but if I'm honest I thought he could have given us a bit more space instead of checking on us every few minutes, I think there is a fine line with bring attentive and over bearing..I know they are bring friendly but we just wanted to eat in peace..
Overall I think you will either embrace or reject the experience... It was fine for 1 night.. Would we return again? To be honest I don't really think so.

• Stayed: September 2014
Robin M, Owner at Fleming Jones Homestead B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

My apologies on a delay in responding, but we just joined tripadvisor today. Our historic 1883 B&B is a traditional, not built to be a hotel, home located in a very rural setting with a cottage garden surrounded by open pastures and mountains and yes, our American Eagle RV is parked in the driveway. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope that the rest of your trip to America hosted by your friends was more enjoyable for you. Thank you for letting us know about the cobwebs – that was a previously inaccessible window, not part of the B&B, that we have since remedied. You are right - Teddy Bears could be dust collectors - which is why ours are vacuumed. The tradition of the bears started with the previous innkeeper over 35 years ago and we felt honored to keep it. Mark has an Irish heritage and he was so excited to have you come for a stay, which may have come across as being too attentive. Many guests mention to us how comfortable and homey our place is - which fits us to a T.