“Clean, decorative wall painting, beautiful landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mother Lode Motel

Mother Lode Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
California
“Clean, decorative wall painting, beautiful landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

We live up here in "Apple Hill", and my in-laws needed a place to stay while we are remodeling. We've been watching this old time motor lodge, and its transformation during its own remodeling, with amazement. The pool has been reconditioned, the landscaping is absolutely amazing, and the interior of each room has its own unique sponge painting and color. This motel is a throw back to the old era of motor lodges, not unlike the ones on the original route 66. The exception is that this one is being taken care of, it's not run down, and your stay will be pleasant.

The rooms are all newly textured, painted, carpeted, and tiled. The bathrooms are extremely clean, because they're all new! This motel is just of Hwy 50, but not too close that you hear the traffic. Its 5 minutes from El Dorado Counties famous Apple Hill, and all its wineries.

To get there, you'll drive through the lights of Placerville, on Hwy 50 going east, and turn right at Point View Drive. The motel is on your left. Take note of the original neon sign that boast "all electric heat!" This place is a real slice of Americana; you'll enjoy your stay. My inlaws really enjoyed their stay in their King sized bed, and they said that the great deal made it even better.

For some reason, their phone number is not listed on this site, so I'll give it to you, it's [--]. You have to make your reservations the old fashioned way, they're not "online" yet.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness, convienience, nice staff
  • Disliked — Couldn't book online
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank stayingcurious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2006

Every other place in Placerville was booked the weekend we were to attend a wedding. The Mother Lode motel didn't have access on line either so I had to call for reservations. I reserved a room with a queen bed and a room with a king bed. The motel is located up the hill in a lovely area. I wasn't sure when we arrived as the outside of the motel and the parking lot need some work. The owner has obviously put the money into rennovating the rooms and baths first. Both rooms were newly rennovated and clean. The bathrooms had new tile in the shower and the shower heads were high (we are tall and notice this). One room hadn't been entirely rennovated as the floor in the bath was still linoleum and the door frame for the bathroom door had just been installed. The rooms were nice, though decorated differently (pleasant change). The baths were roomy. The pool also looked newly rennovated and was sparkling clean. Having the mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee service in each room was handy. I will stay here again, but will bring my own pillows. The pillows were hard and flat, to me the clean roomy bath is more important.

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank Seein'_the_world
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2006

If you are looking to stay at a quiet motel, do not stay at this one. My husband and I stayed here for a few days and I have to say this was the noisiest motel I have ever stayed at. My husband complained to the manager/owner regarding a child bouncing a basketball in the parking lot. It turned out it was the owners child, so nothing was done. I should have known to stay away when I saw the basketball hoop in the parking lot (right next to the rooms). On the weekend the kid was out there at 7:30 a.m. bouncing the damn basketball. My husband and I were livid. Called the front desk to complain, NOTHING was done! As far as the rooms, they were fine. A bit nicer than a motel 6 and clean. If it weren't for the noise, I would recommend this as a nice place to stay. I would never stay there again. If you're like me, when you stay at a motel you want QUIET! The managers/owners could care less if you complain about noise because they will do NOTHING!

• Stayed January 2006
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Placerville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Cameron Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
The Historic American River Inn

Been to Mother Lode Motel? Share your experiences!