“Great place for dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

we didn't know what to expect, never been in Placerville before. Decided to go there because husband was craving a steak , we checked 3 other places out, found Bricks and their menu looked good, we also liked that the place was lively.
Well, my husband knew what he wanted, i just didn't know what to do with so many good choices, i looked around to get some inspiration and was even more confused with all the good looking plates, ordered the small portion of baby back ribs witch i never ordered out before, we had a long day of snowshoeing and i had a good excuse. My dish was very good, meat falling off the bone, accompanied by a cole slaw and steak cut french fries, it was great!
we also had a couple of cocktails, they have creative ones and also a good selection of beers from the area on tap. Drinks didn't disappointed. I think we made a good choice going to Bricks

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have eaten here a number of times and I have varied on the menu items from a hamburger, to steak, to lamb....every thing has been great, The service is always outstanding, and the servers are friendly. Would much rather eat here then the other over-priced, under-serviced places that are here.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stopped at this restaurant to get hot chocolate which turned out to be pretty bad but the food was great. I had a lamb chop appetizer that had the best dry rub I've ever had. Family also had great seared ahi tuna lettuce wraps. Looking at other dishes, the burgers looked great, and so did everybody else's dish. Atmosphere was great too, football was on and everybody was into the game. Visit was on a slow Sunday night and while all the other restaurants on Main Street Placerville were empty, Bricks was full, I guess the locals know what's good. We will probably always stop there on our way to South Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've eaten at Bricks a few times. They serve large portions, but to be fair, the food is unremarkable, with the exception of their hamburgers. The steak with green peppercorn sauce is served with a brown gravy that hasn't even a hint of peppercorns. The pasta is an oddly doctored macaroni and cheese. Stick with the hamburgers and get your steaks or pasta elsewhere.

The service was good, especially when you consider it was a Friday night and they were busy. This is a loud restaurant. Not a place for intimate dinning.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This place is one of our go to places to eat in town. My husband's favorite for the burgers. This is the only place I can eat a burger because they offer gluten free bread! This is much appreciated for someone who has celiac. The flavors are well matched in most dishes. The only thing that continually bothers me is the noise. This place is so LOUD! I find it very crowded and I can barely hear others right across my table. They are often very busy even on slower dining nights so be prepared to wait. They would do well in a larger establishment!