“Stay Away!! Far Away!”
Review of Red Hawk Casino

Red Hawk Casino
Ranked #4 of 51 things to do in Placerville
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hawk Casino offers a variety of gaming options. We're proud to offer a world-class gaming experience, with something for everyone.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stay away from this dump!!! you do not win at all..they give you back just a few buks but take it away just as easy...no one was winning. my friends refuse to go here any more since they take take take but never let you win. they you those stupid free gifts as if its like a major big deal,,trust me its no big deal,,,a flash light for a free gift big deal. this place sucks,,the food sucks ,,things are so spicy you cant even eat it.the mashed potatoes are the worst. its the same food at the buffet day in and day out. the slots are so tight the birds talk about the,,cheap cheap cheap. i cant understand why people still go to this place,,,i for one will not go back!!!! trust me go else where..try gold coutry casino in oeoville at least there you win. go to reno evn but not i repeat not to redhawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10  Thank owllady60

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Took bus up from Bay Area to Red Hawk. It's a well kept up property with lots of slots. Actually they are rather loose - at least when we were there. Lots of smokers but you can go downstairs to nonsmoking area. Plenty of dining options - should have gone to buffet but instead had some rather insipid Chinese food. If you take the bus up in January, it's free plus you go $20 credit for players club. Lots of parking.

2  Thank dmlandis
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Great layout in casino and had a great meal at the buffet on New Years. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank tuleboy
Reviewed 25 November 2013

nothing special about gambling at the red hawk - although the food is pretty good. most of the gamblers smoke and efforts to get rid of the smoke are ineffective.

6  Thank david s
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've dined at every restaurant and buffet at Red Hawk, and I can highly recommend all their specialty dining. We aren't gamblers, so I can't attest to whether or not your visit will make you a millionaire.

I'm not sure where Joanne S (who rated the food as horrible) is from, or what her dietary habits are, but I completely disagree with her culinary assessment.

Also they have outstanding free live entertainment in the main lounge. My only regret is they don't (yet) have overnight accommodations on site, so watch your drive home!

2  Thank Frenchie32