“Wow, so good”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The food was so good. Fresh. Well prepared. Well served. Very tasty. Everything was good. Salad. Risotto. Filet. Dessert. I don't believe you could go wrong no matter what you ordered. If you are in Placerville, head out to Smith Flat and enjoy a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Greg M
There are newer reviews for Smith Flat House

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We decided to try the Smith Flat House since it's been years ago under different ownership we dined here.
We were seated outside (our choice) in the patio. They had just recently removed the wall from the patio so you could enjoy the fresh weather.
We both had the turkey sandwich and garden salad. Both were outstanding. I thought I was in Napa Valley as the food was fresh and perfectly put together. Service was friendly and efficient. And the chef introduced himself and made sure we were taken care of.
I have dined at this location under several previous owners and none can top the new renovations, food and service.
Cannot wait to try the dinners

1  Thank Boise1939
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very nice staff / welcoming and the food was creative. Very fresh and delightful! A gem and hope that they stay in placerville for a long time.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We appreciate that this restaurant strives to provide local products. The meal was very good though my husband left hungry. For the price he felt it wasn't so great. My meal was perfect and the flavors were well paired. I'd like to go again but maybe with some girlfriends or have hubby eat a snack before we leave.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

As a 25+ year resident of Placerville, I must say that our meal fell far short of most other upscale restaurants in the area (I remember dining at an earlier incarnation of the Smith Flat House over 25 years ago). Last night, we paid for 2-day old white and wheat sliced bread, risotto that had no body (did they run out of arborio and used some other rice instead?) or flavor, a New York steak that was full of grissel and tough, venison cooked well instead of the requested medium, and main dish vegetables cold...shall I go on? The restaurant itself is very noisy, but that is a matter of personal choice I guess. At these prices, I expect (much) more (they do have a very nice local wine list). I frequent many local restaurants (Cafe Majik, Gold Vine, Heyday, etc.), but I don't think I will come back here.