GlenMorey Country House
National 9 Inn(Placerville)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn(Placerville)(Great Value!)
US$138
BestWestern.com
Gold Country Inn(Placerville)
US$90
US$87
Historic Cary House Hotel(Placerville)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$116
Priceline
Mother Lode Motel(Placerville)
US$70
Motel 6 Cameron Park(Cameron Park)
US$79
Quality Inn & Suites(Cameron Park)
US$70
US$67
Agoda.com
Westhaven Inn(Pollock Pines)
US$99
Best Western Stagecoach Inn(Pollock Pines)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsglen moreyapple hillgreat hostspedestrian bridgeshort walkreally nice place to stayclose to downtowneach morningother guestscomforts of homedowntown placervillesome tlcsitting roomhome away from homeliving areashower headmoray
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Too many great things to mention so I will mention the standouts. We arrived at the Glenmorey Country House and were greeted with a friendly, hearty, welcoming hello. Our innkeeper, Tom, took us for a quick tour, told us to make ourselves at home and then made some awesome suggestions for dinner.
We were so pleased with our room. We stayed in the St. Andrews room which has a huge bathroom with an incredibly comfortable clawfoot tub and a great sit down vanity so that you can comforably get ready in the morning. I sunk into the tub before dinner. So comfortable and so relaxing. A special treat after a warm day at Apple Hill.
The main street of Placerville is a 5 minute walk across a safe bridge. We were able to stop in at some great shops. Wine tasting was available at one of the shops, so we did that, also.
We ate dinner at a wonderful place called the Hey Day, which was suggested to us by Tom. Delicious!! Huge wine list, great food and dessert. If you are staying at the Glenmorey, you receive a 10% discount off of your meal.
Back at the Glenmorey, we had the most delicous chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that I have ever had.
Enjoy some refreshments on one of the two porches while you are there. Very nice!
Breakfast! What can I say, absolutely delicous. Great coffee, a large selection of teas and delicous orange juice. The fruit cup was delicious, the egg fritata excellent.
The Innkeepers here will go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. I only wish I had more time to stay.
By the way, if you have the time, check out the library of great books. A nice diverse selection. Very comfy, we slept great. I didn't wake up until my little alarm went off.
I must add that there is a television with cable. Too many great things to do and we did not have time to watch it, but if you need television time and computer access, you have that also.
Apple Hill is 10 minutes away and Tahoe is an hour away. The Glenmorey is in a perfect location. There is so much to do, we couldn't do it all. We will of course be back so that we can do it all. This is definetly the place to go. My husband loved it as well, and that in itself is huge. We found a place that we both love!!
A special thanks to Tom for remembering my name and who I was. That was especially meaningful.
Wendy and Dan
Ripon, CA

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2007

I cannot say enough good things about the GlenMorey House. We have been there 4 times now and have stayed in every room available. Each room has its own charm, but best of all, none share a common wall, so each is quite private. A couple rooms are suites, fit for families, but the most romantic is the Edinburg room, cozy but not small. The innkeepers are a wonderful couple who are great to visit with, but who will also leave you to yourself as you need. There is wireless internet available and a common sitting room; full breakfast is promptly at 9am. The eggs are fresh (hens on the property) and there's always a snack at night. Historic Main Street is a short walk away, but the property itself is relaxing. My wife and I visit Placerville frequently and we no longer look for anyplace else. Our photos here are from just before Christmas 2007.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2007

Twice a year my girlfriends and I have a girlfriends' weekend. We have been doing this for nine years now. Over this time period we have covered much of the Northwest. The GlenMorey Country House is as fine a place as we have ever stayed. The house itself is precious. Our hosts, Ashley and Tom, were so kind, sweet and accommodating in every way. We felt completely comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned and well supplied each day. The cookies and candy were delicious and fun also. I would recommend this lovely place to anyone. We hope to return one day.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2007

We spent the weekend and found this a real treasure. Our hosts were warm and helpful, very willing to change the breakfast time to fit our needs--and the breakfasts were fabulous. The taste of the caramel french toast still lingers. The rooms are very private, in a separate wing with a lovely big living room that feels like your own. Fresh baked cookies were also delicious. The owners are very knowedgeable about the area, and other subjects as well, such as genealogy. The wooded grounds are also a plus, and the close proximity to a bridge that leads to downtown Placerville. We look forward to a return visit!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 27 September 2007

My son and I stayed in the Iverness room in September. We were visiting Apple Hill and the wineries over the weekend and chose this B&B because of the accommodations. We had the best time here. I wasn't sure what to expect (they're in the process of redoing their website) but I was not disappointed. The grounds had a country charm, the decor of the inn was Scottish and fun, the innkeepers were very welcoming and friendly. The inn is in walking distance of downtown Placerville, which was great because I didn't want to have to drive back and forth. There is a pedestrian bridge at the end of the road to the inn that crosses over the highway. We traveled into town on both nights of our stay. We will definatly go back.

• Stayed: September 2007