“Absolutly Wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Placerville B&B and Inns
Fair Oaks, California
“Absolutly Wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the first time on our first mini break together. I have some roots in the Gold Country, and I wanted to share it with my boyfriend. I picked Glen Morey because it was such a great value (even for the off season), and because I loved what I saw on the website. (My partner is from the UK, and I knew He'd love the Scottish roots.)

It was spot on! Glen Morey was exactly what I hoped for! An amazing historic house, with antiques, and friendly service, and a lovely breakfast. Tom and Allison where very hospitable and personable. Really great people. I would recommend Glen Morey to my friends and family.(In fact, I have!) We will be back!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CmHanson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northern California
Reviewed 4 November 2009

The GlenMorey House is a terrific place. My husband, and another couple stayed there (thankfully) for the Placerville Art and Wine show. We were lucky enough to get a Saturday night stay, thanks Allison! It is just a short walk to Main Street Placerville where the art and wine show takes place every year. Tom made the best scrambled eggs I think I have ever had and the apple, pecan french toast was delicious as well. The only minor complaint I have was the squeeky bed! We stayed in the St Andrews room and it was very nice and homey, I loved the bathtub. What a terrific find! We had a great time, wish we could have stayed longer. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be able to stay there again next year. Thanks again Allison and Tom!

1 Thank wildflower5150
Stockton, CA
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My husband I wanted a quiet place to stay where we could relax and be catered to. We were pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this B&B was. The owners are gracious, the home is beautiful and the breakfast was unreal!

1 Thank amymama
RENO
Reviewed 29 October 2009

This is truly a gem and a must stay. Tom and Allison are great host. The Glenmorey is a beautiful building and charming get away for romance or time with the family. Each room is unique and the house location is terrific. It is on a hill overlooking downtown Placerville. The breakfast was terrific. Thank you for a wonderful stay! I am already recommending your bed and breakfast to many friends and family.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Reno
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed in the St. Andrews room. Very lovely room. I recommand they update the mattress. I have a back issue, and this mattress is very uncomfortable. Every time you move the springs are so loud it wakes you up. I think updating the mattress is going to make a pleasant stay for all the guests. The breakfast and everything else was great.

Sacramento
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My wife and I needed time away and we were very plesed with our stay at the Glen Morey Country Inn. We loved the location overlooking Old Town Placerville and the very short walk to Old Town. It was nice to not have to drive to go get dinner, but rather walk. The acreage gave the Inn a bit of a secluded feel too. The house itself was nicely kept and full of character and charm. We enjoyed sitting out on the large porch to enjoy conversation and scenery. Breakfast was fantastic and the hosts were fun and family-friendly too. All in all, we really had a great time and it was perfect for a little break in life.

SLO CA
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We really liked the house and the hosts. The only downsides were business apparently has been slow so a few spiderwebs around. The cleaning could have been a little better as well but overall for the price was worth the stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Placerville
Eden Vale Inn
Eden Vale Inn
#1 of 7 in Placerville

Been to GlenMorey Country House? Share your experiences!