“Super place to drop your baggage and go site seeing.”
Review of National 9 Inn

National 9 Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The location is convenient but the traffic is insane.
Needs a real pool to be just perfect.
The couple running it seem nice
she was a little scattered but he had a pretty good
head on his shoulders.
But to there benefit they are working on it.

Room Tip: 1st floor only
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Diran T

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Okay, here is the deal. It is family owned and operated. Very sweet family. It is nothing to write home about except it is clean and the owner is very customer service oriented. The WiFi is one of the best I have EVER experienced regardless of price or location. The traffic noise might be an issue, but again the owner will work with you. I would recommend National 9 Inn with current owner/mgmt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our stay was last minute and unplanned. Our car broke down on Friday night in Placerville and no other place was available. When we called around 9:30 PM to make a reservation we talked to a nice woman who held the last room available for us. After we explained to her that our car broke down and we are waiting for a cab, she said not to worry, the owner(s) will be here in about an hour, they are pretty good about waiting for guests and sometimes have people checking in at 1 AM. Finally the cab arrived and we made it to the motel around midnight. The office lights were on and the door was closed. We rang the door bell... nothing. The nice cab driver was still there to make sure someone from the inn would show up and we did not want to be left stranded in the middle of the night, so while the cab was still there, we rang frantically again and again and again, not sure the bell was even working because we couldn't hear the bell sound. Finally, after a number of rings a woman came storming out and yelling "are you the one ringing like a crazy person" and continued screaming at us. To her defense, she yelled that we woke up her baby with the ringing (We felt bad about waking the baby). Her rage was unstoppable: she expected us at 11, we were late, she was waiting, saying it's not her fault our car broke down and the cab was late, saying that she turned down two people because she was waiting for us. Then she demanded an apology, saying she wouldn't rent us a room unless we apologized. We were trying to reason with her and calm her down. Of course, we felt bad about waking the baby and apologized for that. She paused for a moment, but then continued yelling and making angry gestures, not giving my husband the pen to sign the credit card payment. To make a long story short: sure, we could have only rung the door bell once and waited for someone to come out. However, her rage and rudeness were way out of line. We will never, ever stay at this place and will not recommend it to anyone we wish well. On the plus side, our room was clean, the bathroom was clean with new tile floor, but there was no shampoo (no big deal).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CandM94062
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We checked in late but it wasn't an issue at he reception. We received a free WiFi password.
This hotel is very clean. It is very basic but it was better than most Best Western I've previously stayed in. Our room was a truly NON-Smoking room which did not smell of cold cigarette smoke.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. if you are looking for an affordable option that is not a dump. The room was clean, the sheets were clean and the towels were clean. That's alI ask and believe me I've had my lot a bad surprised before...

Room Tip: The continental breakfast is a few wrapped pastries and cheap coffee, just like in any other inn but...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Audrey P
Reviewed 3 June 2013

“Not to my liking”
Pending review

Let me start by saying I arrived after driving for 10 1/2 hours, so I was tired. The good things...the place was clean, the shower was good and the bed comfortable. Now for the other side...when I arrived there were two young women at check in who tried to be helpful with restaurants etc. (this motel is outside Placerville), they then asked me if I wanted my room cleaned in the morning..what? Umm, yes I do. Then an older woman (manager?)was on the phone using pretty foul language (the F word) and then went on to degrade a worker to whomever she was talking while standing in front of me. It all seemed unprofessional.
My other concern was they have the old keys with the motel name and room number written on it and no inside chain lock..felt a we bit insane for solo women. I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 523letsgo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were a little worried, but it was just great. The room was very clean, the towels were fine and the staff was welcoming. The breakfast should not be called this way (weird sugary buns and coffee, at least they had bananas!).
That's not the motel's fault, but it's fairly close to the highway, so it's a little loud. There is also a bar nearby. We heard music until 10 pm and once this stopped, you'll get great noises from frogs right by the window. That was quite annoying.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ReginaSch
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We came here to stay for the Apple Hill festival they have every year. This place is buzzing just after Labor Day at all the Apple Farms in the area. You can get some very good Apple "products" like Apple turnovers, pie, and other various forms of Apple pastries. We have a few farms we are sure to visit, and this place seems to central to all the happenings at the farms. The people are very friendly, and the surrounding country is just beautiful.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room to avoid having to carry things up to the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kguzzetta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cameron Park
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to National 9 Inn? Share your experiences!