Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Gold Country Inn(Placerville)
National 9 Inn(Placerville)
Mother Lode Motel(Placerville)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Cameron Park(Cameron Park)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Cameron Park)
Westhaven Inn(Pollock Pines)
View Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn(Pollock Pines)
Hilltop Motel(Georgetown)
View Hotel
All reviewsmexican restaurant next doorred hawk casinothe breakfast areaapple hilllake tahoemake your own wafflesgold countrygreat place to stayfree breakfastcasa ramosnice breakfastpleasant stayflat screen tvrooms are spaciousyogurtchecking inbw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

this Best Western is not a place to stay. I have stayed there twice and both times the rooms had bugs. As for breakfast, the milk was expired and took 20 minutes to prepare a waffle mix.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank John A
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

John,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I believe the base rate plus 20 bucks for each dog took the bill to about $109.00 Not too bad. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, and the breakfast is a good value(they had hard boiled aggs, a nice addition instead of just variations of bread and cereal). Nothing fancy, but the pool and whirlpool are open year round, so a plunge into the unheated pool after soaking in the hot tub was a must for me and the kids.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank daddi0
terrybrown78, Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we hope to see you and your family again when you travel to the Placerville area. If there is anything else I can be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Thank you for your patranoge.

General Manger

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I usually know what I'm getting into with Best Westerns, but I agree with other reviewers that this one is a disappointment. It was not the cleanest I've been to (I didn't risk looking too closely at the bathroom). It's not 100% non-smoking, but even though we had a no-smoking room our room (and the hallway outside) smelled like stale smoke, and all through the night, cigarette smoke was coming through the vent in the bathroom and the heating unit. (I wound up turning the fan on so the blower would block the smoke.) It was bad enough to give me a headache and sore throat, which the cheap coffee and stale cereal at the breakfast buffet did nothing to soothe. The staff was friendly enough (and on a side note, the Mexican restaurant across the parking lot is a pretty generic but safe chain), but next time I'm in the area, I'll either keep driving and hope to get out of Placerville by dark, or spend a little more time looking for something better.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth K
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 25% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 530-622-9100.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Family Reunion Time. The only place that could handle an eight room request on short notice. The staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. The rooms were standard and very clean. No Bed bugs here folks! It was located very near the highway, a bit of white noise traffic. It is very convenient to day trips. The pool was extremely pleasant, heated and is open year round. Children enjoyed the pool and adults were enjoying the spa. The hotel is located near a shopping mall so the usual "I forgot the _ Fill in the blank_" was not a problem. Over all a good experience. My only request if I went again. Is for more wash cloths in the rooms. Placerville, CA. is a lovely place to visit. We went in time for Apple Hill. The people of the area are charming and friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: If you need a level floor for older members or handicapped choose floor Two. The first floor is below one split flight of stairs and three is one split flight above. Three did seem to have quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 13313mcm
terrybrown78, Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your candid comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We were in the area for a wedding in Coloma. Some friends chose this hotel and we joined them... It was right next to the highway (noisy) and very basic / blah. Our room was ok - but very motel-6 ish. You had to drive for anything - and I would have been happier spending more $$ at a B&B in Coloma. It was a long 25 minute drive to the wedding. Breakfast was fine - nothing special.

Room Tip: try not to be overlooking highway
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple