“Wonderful Inn; Very Friendly and Nice Service; Comfortable Beds”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at a pool side room on the first floor. Our room was lovely; it had a wall fireplace; a very very comfortable bed; great pillows; comfortable chair to sit in; nice table with 2 chairs; a great patio outside the room; and a few steps to the pool and jacuzzi spa. Both the pool and the jacuzzi spa are very well maintained. All in all a very nice place to stay. There are several chairs/tables/etc. around the pool to enjoy as well.

I was also impressed with the service. The staff is all very professional and welcoming - some of the best I have seen. We stayed in our room late on one of the days we were there; housekeeping was very gracious and kind in cleaning our room as soon as we called for service. She was very nice; did a spectacular job; and made you feel special - instead of someone who asked for late services. Both check-in and check-out was amazing and friendly. We added one night when we checked in as our plans had changed; she handled this with grace and ease (and no extra time to make the changes). Check-out was very pleasant.

Morning breakfast was good. They had good scrambled eggs and bacon; make your own waffles; cereals; 4 different kinds of juices; hot coffee and tea; fruit; and muffins and more. The service again was again spectacular. We arrived about 5 minutes before closing and instead of the usual - dish up' we're closing - the staff was friendly and wonderful.

The staff is all 5 stars and amazing. Parking is wonderful. There is a Mexican Restaurant next door with good food (it also appears to be very popular as a lot of people were taking their moms out there for Mothers Day.). The restaurant is easy walking from the hotel.

In addition, there is a small exercise room and also well maintained laundry that is open from 8 to 10 each day.

As mentioned, we had a pool side room and you need to book them when you make your reservation (it costs more than the others). The other rooms are nice too. Parking is easy.

Very close to Placerville as well as Red Hawk Casino...

As its close to Tahoe also (about an hour away) it also makes for a nice one day stop to stay on your way....

There were pretty flowers planted on the property - we were there when the roses were in bloom.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mini
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Mini,

Thank you for your kind comments. If is feedback such as yours that makes my employees and myself work that much harder to ensure every guest will have a stay such as yours. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The rooms are clean, beds, linens and TV's are being upgraded. Breakfast has taken a giant step up: fresh fruit varity, belgin waffle maker, hot and cold cereals and the usual muffins and danish. The staff is extremely friendly and always helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet except ground floor north section.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Harold B
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Harold,

Thank you for your kind commnets. I have shared your review with my staff and we appreciate your response. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff were all very professional and welcoming. The location was quite. The room was the ideal size and very clean. I would recommend this Best Western to everyone needing a place to stay! Well done!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank sarahreimers
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I have shared your review with my staff and we thank you for your patranoge. We hope to see you again in the future, and if there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

this Best Western is not a place to stay. I have stayed there twice and both times the rooms had bugs. As for breakfast, the milk was expired and took 20 minutes to prepare a waffle mix.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank John A
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

John,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I believe the base rate plus 20 bucks for each dog took the bill to about $109.00 Not too bad. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, and the breakfast is a good value(they had hard boiled aggs, a nice addition instead of just variations of bread and cereal). Nothing fancy, but the pool and whirlpool are open year round, so a plunge into the unheated pool after soaking in the hot tub was a must for me and the kids.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank daddi0
terrybrown78, Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we hope to see you and your family again when you travel to the Placerville area. If there is anything else I can be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Thank you for your patranoge.

General Manger

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I usually know what I'm getting into with Best Westerns, but I agree with other reviewers that this one is a disappointment. It was not the cleanest I've been to (I didn't risk looking too closely at the bathroom). It's not 100% non-smoking, but even though we had a no-smoking room our room (and the hallway outside) smelled like stale smoke, and all through the night, cigarette smoke was coming through the vent in the bathroom and the heating unit. (I wound up turning the fan on so the blower would block the smoke.) It was bad enough to give me a headache and sore throat, which the cheap coffee and stale cereal at the breakfast buffet did nothing to soothe. The staff was friendly enough (and on a side note, the Mexican restaurant across the parking lot is a pretty generic but safe chain), but next time I'm in the area, I'll either keep driving and hope to get out of Placerville by dark, or spend a little more time looking for something better.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth K
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 25% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 530-622-9100.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Family Reunion Time. The only place that could handle an eight room request on short notice. The staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. The rooms were standard and very clean. No Bed bugs here folks! It was located very near the highway, a bit of white noise traffic. It is very convenient to day trips. The pool was extremely pleasant, heated and is open year round. Children enjoyed the pool and adults were enjoying the spa. The hotel is located near a shopping mall so the usual "I forgot the _ Fill in the blank_" was not a problem. Over all a good experience. My only request if I went again. Is for more wash cloths in the rooms. Placerville, CA. is a lovely place to visit. We went in time for Apple Hill. The people of the area are charming and friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: If you need a level floor for older members or handicapped choose floor Two. The first floor is belo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 13313mcm
terrybrown78, Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your candid comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Mother Lode Motel
#5 of 5 in Placerville
19 mi away
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!