“great location off US 50” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Nevada
“great location off US 50”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

My 12 year old and I stayed here one night on our summer roadtrip. The hotel is right off US 50, but we heard no traffic noise. Beds were comfy and there was easy wifi access, which made my boy happy. The room was very clean. The breakfast selection was plentiful, with waffles, cereal, etc. and even scrambled eggs. There are tables in the lobby (Faux News on - ugh) or atrium, looking out by the flower-surrounded pool (nice!). I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant next door. The staff was very friendly and the food was great. Big margaritas for the road-weary!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank steftree
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It is words such as yours that motivate us to keep delivering superior customer service. We hope to see you again when you are in the Placerville area. Once again thank you for your kind comments and staying with us.

Best Wishes,

Terry Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed there to attend my niece's wedding at a nearby winery. The staff was wonderful, very friendly, attentive, helped by printing out the directions to the winery.
The rooms were large, very comfortable beds, good amenities in the room. Unfortunately the insulation between floors was not good and we could hear people over head walking back and forth. We could not take a second floor room as stairs were required ( I had my mother with me ).
The breakfast options were plentiful, quality just average.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jl-ontheroadagain
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Scotts Valley, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights while visiting friends in the Placerville area. Overall, it was a great stay at a very good value. Checkin was quick and efficient. Our king room was quite spacious. Bathroom vanity is separate from shower and toilet which we appreciate and the whole bath affair was behind a wall separating it from the main room, which made it easier for my wife to continue resting with my disturbance by rising early. Hotel was very clean. Staff members i came in contact with were friendly and helpful. Some noise from the room above would come through now and again, but not terribly bothersome. Breakfast was hearty and hot - scrambled eggs (a little dry), bacon and sausage, muffins, fruit cocktail, waffles, cereal, juice and coffee, etc. It was quite fulfilling. It struck me odd that you can't enter the guest room area directly off the lobby. One must go outside and either around on one side or through the pool area as we did. A little different, but not a problem. Check out was quick. Parking is ample and free. Easy access to and from US 50. We would definitely stay again when in the area.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TW3
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,512 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at a pool side room on the first floor. Our room was lovely; it had a wall fireplace; a very very comfortable bed; great pillows; comfortable chair to sit in; nice table with 2 chairs; a great patio outside the room; and a few steps to the pool and jacuzzi spa. Both the pool and the jacuzzi spa are very well maintained. All in all a very nice place to stay. There are several chairs/tables/etc. around the pool to enjoy as well.

I was also impressed with the service. The staff is all very professional and welcoming - some of the best I have seen. We stayed in our room late on one of the days we were there; housekeeping was very gracious and kind in cleaning our room as soon as we called for service. She was very nice; did a spectacular job; and made you feel special - instead of someone who asked for late services. Both check-in and check-out was amazing and friendly. We added one night when we checked in as our plans had changed; she handled this with grace and ease (and no extra time to make the changes). Check-out was very pleasant.

Morning breakfast was good. They had good scrambled eggs and bacon; make your own waffles; cereals; 4 different kinds of juices; hot coffee and tea; fruit; and muffins and more. The service again was again spectacular. We arrived about 5 minutes before closing and instead of the usual - dish up' we're closing - the staff was friendly and wonderful.

The staff is all 5 stars and amazing. Parking is wonderful. There is a Mexican Restaurant next door with good food (it also appears to be very popular as a lot of people were taking their moms out there for Mothers Day.). The restaurant is easy walking from the hotel.

In addition, there is a small exercise room and also well maintained laundry that is open from 8 to 10 each day.

As mentioned, we had a pool side room and you need to book them when you make your reservation (it costs more than the others). The other rooms are nice too. Parking is easy.

Very close to Placerville as well as Red Hawk Casino...

As its close to Tahoe also (about an hour away) it also makes for a nice one day stop to stay on your way....

There were pretty flowers planted on the property - we were there when the roses were in bloom.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mini
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Mini,

Thank you for your kind comments. If is feedback such as yours that makes my employees and myself work that much harder to ensure every guest will have a stay such as yours. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me, and we hope to see you again.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The rooms are clean, beds, linens and TV's are being upgraded. Breakfast has taken a giant step up: fresh fruit varity, belgin waffle maker, hot and cold cereals and the usual muffins and danish. The staff is extremely friendly and always helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet except ground floor north section.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Harold B
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Harold,

Thank you for your kind commnets. I have shared your review with my staff and we appreciate your response. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff were all very professional and welcoming. The location was quite. The room was the ideal size and very clean. I would recommend this Best Western to everyone needing a place to stay! Well done!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank sarahreimers
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I have shared your review with my staff and we thank you for your patranoge. We hope to see you again in the future, and if there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Lancaster, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

this Best Western is not a place to stay. I have stayed there twice and both times the rooms had bugs. As for breakfast, the milk was expired and took 20 minutes to prepare a waffle mix.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank John A
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
John,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
The Historic American River Inn
Mother Lode Motel
Mother Lode Motel
#5 of 5 in Placerville

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!