“A Pleasant Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Sebastopol, California
“A Pleasant Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had been camping in Yosemite & were meeting family & friends to go river rafting on the American River early the next morning, so needed a place close to Lotus. The Placerville Inn met our needs. The location is somewhat remote with one Mexican restaurant within walking distance....but there is a complimentary shuttle to the Red Hawk Casino, and it has numerous restaurants! Our room was located at the back of the building & it was very quiet. It was also clean, spacious, & comfortable. The breakfast was better than "the usual" packaged muffins. We enjoyed fresh fruit, bagels w/cream cheese or peanut butter, etc. The clerk at the front desk was very efficient, friendly & helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your review. It is comments such as yours that helps motivate us to keep delivering the best customer service possible. We hope to see you again in the future and we look forward to serving you when you do choose to stay with us. Again, thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business.

Terry Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Our extended family stayed here two days this fall. All the rooms were spacious and nicely furnished. We enjoyed our room by the pool. We had a non-smoking room but there was definately an odor and our neighbors smoked which was smelly. Also the internet only worked in the lobby. The breakfast was a disappointment as the pastries were all mass produced and wrapped in plastic. Also the eggs were made from the mix that comes in a big carton. Overall, this place was comfortable but not a great value for what it cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for your comments here on trip advisor. It is feedback such as yours that lets us know how we can improve and make the guest experience more enjoyable. I do apologize for the inconvience that you encountered while staying with us and I hope that you will give us another chance to make your next stay better. Please do not hesitate ton contact me anytime if you hae any other questions or concerns.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

This was the worst best western I have ever stayed in. First thing is they charged my wife's credit card for two nights which then caused her account to be overdrawn which caused a $30 NSF fee that they refused to credit back. As we were on our honey moon we stayed at four different best westerns on our trip. All of them except this one had a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room along with a card signed by their employees. This one charged us $28 for a bottle on our wedding night. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jmck23
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2012

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Literally one of the most amazing experiences I had at any Best Western I've been to. The cleanliness and upgraded rooms were definitely above average and unexpected. The Manager that was there took care of my check-in and check-out flawlessly without any hassle. I went to Placerville for some white-water rafting and the front desk clerk directed me to right place to enjoy my time in Gold Country. The rooms were very spacious for all four of us! Solid Solid Stay.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the second floor is the ground floor when you're booking. There is a floor abo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 01SKS01
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you for for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Must be the friendliest staff we've experienced in a long while. Check-in was easy and welcoming. Our room was very spacious with mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom has a very handy set-up with a sink in the bathroom and another sink/vanity outside the bathroom which made tings easier when my husband and I were rushing around to clean up before going out. Bed was comfortable and had a good night sleep. The breakfast was similar to many BW breakfasts. Plenty of choices: waffles, muffins, bagels, cereals, eggs and bacon etc if you are into that. I personally prefer fresh fruit and yogurt or plain oatmeal which are often found at other BW but not here. Most people would be content with the offerings that were available, however. Easy access off Hwy 50 and just a couple miles from the charming city of Placerville and many nearby wineries. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: no elevator to upper floor so if that is a problem make sure you let them know ahead of time to get...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaMmmtravel
Thank you for reviewing our hotel regarding your recent stay at our property.

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

It was just OK. Nothing special. I called ahead to get two rooms near each other because we were traveling with my grandparents, and the clerk assured me everything was taken care of. When we showed up at 11 p.m., the rooms couldn't have been farther apart, and my grandparent's room was upstairs in a hotel that had no elevator. When I checked out, the clerk even commented on how strange it was that the rooms were nowhere near each other.
The room was mostly clean. The property is a bit outdated, especially with worn carpets in the hallways.
The television in one of the rooms did not work at all at first, and I eventually managed to get one channel out of it.
The breakfast was OK -- powdered eggs/microwave bacon/waffles/cereal/packaged muffins and bagels.
Like I said, nothing special. And definitely not worthy of a three-star rating. 2.5 would be better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank elooper
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for your comments your recent stay at our property.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is the BEST Best Western! We were welcomed with enthusiasm and genuine smiles even though they were very busy. When our hotel room door stuck, the service man was there in moments to diagnose the sticking. A few minutes later, the desk clerk called us to see if everything was okay! We have traveled the world and had some experiences in 5 star hotels that were never tended to or resolved...and here, right in Placerville, we receive 5 star service at an unexpected place! A total pleasure, and I told the General Manager how great the service was!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are great for kids
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank claygourmet
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It is such a pleasure to hear that we could make you experience here a good one. We hope to see you again when you are in the Placerville area and we thank you for your business. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Terry Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
The Historic American River Inn
Mother Lode Motel
Mother Lode Motel
#5 of 5 in Placerville

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!