“High desert delight”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Placerville (CA) is a quaint little town with much charm and ambiance that coincidently holds a music festival every year surrounding Halloween. The Best Western accommodated festivarians, musicians and production teams very well. Aside from it's location close to on and off ramps of I-50, the hotel provided amenities for myself and others as needed that may be a little bit different than your average hotel guest. I personally enjoyed having my own little patio.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Tab722,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is words such as yours that keep myself and my staff striving to deliver the best customer service that we can. We hope to see you again, and we thank you for your kind words. And if there is anything you need in the future while staying with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Sincerely ,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visit Placerville CA often during the year and have stayed most of the time here at the Best Western Inn in Placerville. The last couple of times the Inn was full up. But I was lucky to get a room this last week and was very pleased with the service the young lady (June) at the front desk had given me. I was great full for her kindness and ease at getting my room, as there were many people and phones ringing. June made sure that everyone was being help and did not feel ignored with the wait time. I was impressed, and I do not impress easily.
I feel it is important that when someone goes above what most people do not do in their job. They should be praised. Thank You June for doing your job so well! You should be management.........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Heide b,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with June and she says thank you for your kind words. June is a great asset to the hotel as she is our sales manager and does an excellent job with handling our valued guest' such as yourself and many others. When you are in the Placerville area again, I and my team hope that you choose us to stay with as we value your business. Once again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in the future.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Noisy: Not told there would be construction going on from 8am to 6pm daily. Could not relax in your room or out at the pool due to the noise. Not Safe: Doors state "for your protection" you need a key card to access, but doors would be propped open morning, noon and night. The door from the pool area into the rooms hallway and the gate from outside into the pool area were actually closed, but would still open even without a key card. Not very safe at all! No high speed internet: Lobby computer was super slow, taking 20 minutes to go thru 3 short emails and I gave up on getting onto MapQuest after 5 minutes of it trying to load.

RhondaB443,

i would like to take this time to apologize to you for the unsatisfactory stay that you had while staying with us at The Best Western Placerville Inn. I am looking inito the issues that you encountered while staying with us so we can correct those deficincies, that way it doesen;t impact another guest while staying with us. I know that doesen't fix the issues that you had while staying with us, but I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future and we will do our best to make you next stay more enjoyable if you do choose us as your choice of lodging. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you again so we can make your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We are on a road trip again from Canada and came through Placeville again. We booked this property again and as per usual an excellent stay. We stayed two nights and simply love the hotel. Good location to everything, shopping etc. Lots of things to see and do close by. The rooms are a real good size and very comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel!

Food53,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I understand that this is your second time here, and it looks like we made your stay this time just as enjoyable as the last. I have shared your comments with my staff and they all say thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you again when you are in the Placerville area so that we can make your next stay just as good or better than the last. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Not very friendly, helpful or informative front desk staff. Upon arrival we asked if we could check in early (we were there 1 1/2 hours early) on a Tuesday afternoon. Front staff member was not very friendly and said there were no rooms that were ready. Mind you there were no cars in parking lot. I did not mind being told no but it was as if she was not going to consider my request no matter what. Then when we did return and check in we had to ask how to get to our room, where was breakfast served etc. Just not a good first impression.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Kay C,

I would like to take this time to apologize to you for the lack of customer service you received while staying with us here at The Best Western Placerville Inn. It does happen sometimes when guest' do arrive early and their room is not ready early. And I also understand your frustration with how the situation was handled. I hope that the lack of customer service that was shown to you while checking in will not deter you from giving us another chance to serve you better in the furture if you do choose to stay with us again. If you are back in the Placerville area in the future and you do need lodging and encounter any customer service issues with the staff here at the hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. I am always available for any guest concerns anytime. Thank you for your review and your business and we know you had a choice and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Nice and clean. Big rooms. Friendly staff. We stayed one night. The hotel is right off the freeway with easy access to many restaurants and Red Hawk Casino. Our room was facing the freeway, but the noise level was minimal. The only negative thing I can say is, there is no elevator.

Gtaylor1946,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at The Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. It is comments such as yours that keep us striving for superior customer service. I understand the only negative issue you had with the hotel is that we did not have an elevator. We are currently looking at aquiring one so that many of our guest' wiil not be impacted by only having stairs to use. I understand and appreciate why you advised us of the issue, but we are looking into getting one soon. I hope that in the future when you are in the Placerville area that you choose us for your lodging purposes, because we do value your business and your feedback.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice hotel. Would stay here again. Very frendly and helpful staff. Nice location. Great breakfast. Overall this is a nice hotel. Short drive maybe 5 minutes to old Placerville. About 1 hour to South Lake Tahoe. There is also a pretty good Mexican resturant in the same parking lot as the hotel. Walmart about 1/2 mile down the street so you pretty much have all you need right around you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Rick G

Thank you for your recent review of you stay with us here at the Best Western Placerville Inn. It is feedback such as yours that keeps us striving to deliver superior customer service. I hope that when you are in the placerville area that you choose to stay with us again.

Once again, thank you for your business, we know you had a choice.

Terry Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!