“Everything you need. But Nothing more.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pleasant Hill Inn

Pleasant Hill Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Everything you need. But Nothing more.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 7 nights while in town visiting family. Through travel sites we chose this hotel as having the lowest price that wasn't completely seedy and scary looking. It was in a safe, quiet neighborhood with many conveniences located nearby like restaurants, a grocery store, and a hardware store. Breakfast in the morning was minimal but again, all you really need- toast, cereal, fresh waffles from a Belgian waffle iron, juice, muffins, and fresh fruit. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice enough. If you are looking for a resort, this is not the place- but if you need a comfortable place to sleep and shower while visiting family or on business, this is a good choice. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dana B
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for making your time in giving us a review. We are glad that we made your stay comfortable.

We will make sure that all your future stays are comfortable and we meet your expectations.

Once again thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed for 7 nights. They made me pay the whole stay upon check in which shocked me since it's the first time that happens to me, so be ready for that.
I got a nice room, with a microwave, little fridge and nice bed. You get no luxuries but everything was clean and got everything I needed. I have no complains with the room whatsoever.
Continental breakfast is included. Orange juice was delicious and they have a waffle maker which is great!
I had an incident with another guest (not related to the hotel) and they took quick measures.
I do have to say some guests were a bit weird looking but I had to understand I I was paying a very affordable price in comparison to the other hotels around.
If you have the budget stay somewhere else but if you do not (like was my case) this is the best option around.
It appears to be a family owned hotel so you will see the same people day in and day out, but they were very nice and helpful.

There are plenty places to eat walking distance, a supermarket and a Mall like 20 min walk (think it's Concord). It's like 20 min (walking) from Pleasant Hill "Downtown". There is also a bus stop almost in front of the hotel that takes you to the subway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for making your time in giving us a review. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable.

We will make sure that your future stays will also be enjoyable, and we will meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for the review.
Sonora, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you have a choice between staying there or staying in your car ---- choose your car. I'm not kidding. The windows were dirty and the furniture had an unfinished plywood board on a bench and painters tape covering veneer that was missing on the dresser. The only clean part of the room and up to date, was the bathroom. I could never recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kay D
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Front Office Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your review, pointing out the deficiency of the furniture, we will adress the fixing up with our management and hope we will have the opportunity to see you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Hill hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

After my wife finished her school I decided to take her to San Francisco and Bay area and booked our hotel at the Pleasant Hill Inn. Our plan was to stay just three nights but we added one more night very easily. We are satisfied with our four nights stay. The room was clean, the wifi was good and the TV was clear. The breakfast was not good. Nashul and Sam, the guys at the front desk were nice. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor of the west side seemed brighter and quiter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review.!! We are so happy that we made your stay enjoyable !!!

Also, we are making changes in our breakfast menu to make our guests more comfortable. Please visit us for all our future reservations / stays.

We will be more than happy to take care of you, and will make sure you meet your comfort levels.

Once again thank you for time. !!! Have a nice day.
Live Oak, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I would have had nothing but nice things to say about this place. But when you have been here for a little over month and they kick you out in the middle of the night while you are waiting to get paid. It does not make me you feel good. And they wait until the last possible minute to do so. Oh you can't sit here you're not a guest although you have spent almost 5,000 here.

Room Tip: end room hands down.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mel32060
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Front Office Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the review. We are sure that you loved staying with us except that you were disappointed with this incident.
As you already know, that there is a pending of 2 nights pay after giving 2 nights as compliment. We were getting sold out these days and as your payment was due, our system will not only allow us to extend your stay but also will stop us in accommodating rooms for new reservations. We had to check you out from the system in a way to accommodate rooms for our new guests, as we had no other option that day. And I personally felt very sorry for checking out a guest who had been associated with us for over 60 days, except we had no other option.

I am at the front desk, and I need to make sure that payment is never on due, if anything is on due, then our management will have take it off from my pay. Even then we have given you 2 days time, I understand your reasons for payment delay but we had to check you out and We convey our deep apologizes for all the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

I hope you will understand the situation we had the other day. And Please let us know if we can do something for you to make you feel happy again. You are always welcome back to stay with us for a good price anytime

You are a our most valued guest. Please give us a chance to serve you at our best to make you happy. We would love to have you come back and stay with us. Please contact us for any information.

Once again thank you and I hope you will accept our apologizes.
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Although at first there was a misunderstanding between the clerk at the reception desk and us, once the issue was resolved my husband and I enjoyed our stay at Pleasant Hill Inn very much. When Hanni our trip advisor with hotels.com (hope I am writing this correctly) made our reservations at this Inn, in Pleasant Hill,CA I asked her to be sure that our room had a roll-in-shower; she confirmed to me that we will be getting a room with exactly that. The day of our arrival I called Pleasant Hill Inn to let them know we were going to get to the hotel after 6 pm and was told it was no problem. But when we got there we were told our room did not have a roll-in-shower, the reason being that we were arriving late and someone had rented the room we had reserved. After some calls and arguing, the hotel managed to get our room back to us. And from then on we lived happily in Pleasant Hill Inn the rest of our stay. The bathroom was everything I expected, the bed was king size, the room clean and big enough with a nice closet, refrigerator, microwave and I think even a coffee maker. Through the week + that we stayed at this hotel we found the staff to be cordial and polite, breakfast good enough, location great and the price fair. I assured the manager I was going to write a nice review on their hotel and although it took me a little time to do it, here I am doing what I promised.

Room Tip: Call their reception desk if you are going to be arriving late and make sure they keep the room you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

When Hotels.com got the reservation wrong by just 'requesting' 2 queen beds instead of 1 king, the hotel clerk just said "Too Bad" & was going to charge us for the booking anyway (refusing to cancel). Luckily, Hotels.com got them to see the error of their ways, but failed to find us an available room any closer than San Francisco! Really???

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord

Been to Pleasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!