“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Value”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here because of the proximity to our daughter's home. Our room was clean. The breakfast was enough to get you through to lunch. Nothing fancy but we had everything we needed. Our refrigerator and microwave were spotless and worked perfectly. Front desk staff was pleasant. There were some awesome restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary W
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your time in reviewing us. We are very glad that your stay was most enjoyable with us.

We will make sure that we meet your comfort levels in your future stays.

Thanks and regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burbank, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The reviews I had read were not that bad. The Hotel does not look bad from the outside and the room seemed okay. When we arrived all the phone cords were unplugged and the fridge did not work. We got the phones to work and I had to leave my food with the desk clerk downstairs. When I returned from visting family we brought drinks back to the room and by morning I had ants all around the drink and in the bathroom. Noone thought it was bad and we had an appointment that we could not miss. When we came back to the hotel we were able tp switch rooms.

They acted like ants are okay and they spray all the time. I was upset and asked for a partial refund. All they allow the front desk to offer is $10 and when they emailed they offered $20. Too much trouble to fight for more.

I visit this area about once a year now and will not stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank margaret_g0505
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting us a review.

First of all, I understand the inconvinence you had that day when the last stayed guest had unplugged the electric devices and we do apologize you for that.

We serve the ant/bug spray in all rooms twice a week, however ants crawl up if there is any food left out. I can fully understand the level of inconvinence you faced. I even spoke with my higher management we cannot go more than the discount we quoted, but I can have a best price for you in your future stays.

We are looking forward to see you in future and we will make sure your comfort levels are met.

Thanks and Regards,
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Hill hotels

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The refrigerator made a load noise.The bed was very cheap and miserable.The room was small and cheap.The bath jets did not work.There was "not" my hair everywhere.They have ants bad.The staff is very rude and incompetent.The breakfast area was dirty and food was nasty and no coffee. Spend less or more money anywhere but here or you will wish you never stayed.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mc F
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us. We do apologize for any inconvenience you had with your stay.

Can you please drop us an email with any issues you may had with the staff, I will personally talk with them to find out what went wrong. And regarding rooms, we are a small hotel, but we make sure that everything is clean. I will also coordinate with house keeping to find out what was wrong with the room given to you.

Our Guests comfort is our primary concern. Having read your review , I was very disappointed and would like to act in your favor. We can offer you the better price in our range for your future stays.
We would be more than happy to accommodate you and to make sure everything works out well.

Your truly,
ManageR
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff are very RUDE and the rooms are really small and the breakfast really sucks and the conditioner didn't work and make sure your top lock is latched because the staff walk right in your room and you can't understand anything that the front desk staff is saying.

• Stayed June 2014
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, General Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review.

We deeply regret the inconvenience you had, and we do apologize for that. Regarding the Air Conditioner, did you get a chance to talk at front desk to see if you could get another room, we make sure every thing goes fine for our guests and in case of a problem we would switch them into another room right away. Your comfort levels are our primary concern.

And regarding the front desk staff, may I request you to drop a short email describing the problem you have faced with them. Your valuable time is appreciated.

If you could give us a chance ,we want to make sure that everything goes perfect for you and your comfort levels are met in all your future stays.

Your Truly,
General Manager.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 7 nights while in town visiting family. Through travel sites we chose this hotel as having the lowest price that wasn't completely seedy and scary looking. It was in a safe, quiet neighborhood with many conveniences located nearby like restaurants, a grocery store, and a hardware store. Breakfast in the morning was minimal but again, all you really need- toast, cereal, fresh waffles from a Belgian waffle iron, juice, muffins, and fresh fruit. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice enough. If you are looking for a resort, this is not the place- but if you need a comfortable place to sleep and shower while visiting family or on business, this is a good choice. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dana B
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for making your time in giving us a review. We are glad that we made your stay comfortable.

We will make sure that all your future stays are comfortable and we meet your expectations.

Once again thank you.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed for 7 nights. They made me pay the whole stay upon check in which shocked me since it's the first time that happens to me, so be ready for that.
I got a nice room, with a microwave, little fridge and nice bed. You get no luxuries but everything was clean and got everything I needed. I have no complains with the room whatsoever.
Continental breakfast is included. Orange juice was delicious and they have a waffle maker which is great!
I had an incident with another guest (not related to the hotel) and they took quick measures.
I do have to say some guests were a bit weird looking but I had to understand I I was paying a very affordable price in comparison to the other hotels around.
If you have the budget stay somewhere else but if you do not (like was my case) this is the best option around.
It appears to be a family owned hotel so you will see the same people day in and day out, but they were very nice and helpful.

There are plenty places to eat walking distance, a supermarket and a Mall like 20 min walk (think it's Concord). It's like 20 min (walking) from Pleasant Hill "Downtown". There is also a bus stop almost in front of the hotel that takes you to the subway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for making your time in giving us a review. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable.

We will make sure that your future stays will also be enjoyable, and we will meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for the review.
Sonora, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you have a choice between staying there or staying in your car ---- choose your car. I'm not kidding. The windows were dirty and the furniture had an unfinished plywood board on a bench and painters tape covering veneer that was missing on the dresser. The only clean part of the room and up to date, was the bathroom. I could never recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kay D
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Front Office Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your review, pointing out the deficiency of the furniture, we will adress the fixing up with our management and hope we will have the opportunity to see you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Pleasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!