“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Los Angeles, California
“Great Value”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed overnight on a trip up the coast at the Residence Inn. We booked a two room suite for our family of four, and it worked out great. There is plenty of room with both rooms, plus a relatively large kitchen. Breakfast is included in the price which includes the standard Residence Inn fare (pancakes, eggs, sausage, cereal etc.). Location is also only a five minute drive to teh Concord subway station which makes getting into the city easy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jlutzky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a good hotel for travelling with kids. The two-bedrooms are spacious with a good floor plan. The hotel staff was very friendly and flexible to our request. It is very convenient for travelling with kids as it is quite, swimming pool (heated) is great and breakfast is good. My kids loved it and they were so comfortable that it was hard to get them to go somewhere else.

The appartment was clean and well equiped. Has a decent gym and laundry facilities were good enough (and cheap).

It is somehow far from San Francisco, which can be convenient if you have flexibility to get to San Francisco during non-rush hours.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed on teh 15th for business in the area. It was a decent stay overall and was on par with the rest of the Marriot chain I use around the USA. Cost was a bit high for just a business trip but that is to be expected with the size of the area you rent.

The Lowdown:

The space is far bigger than you need for a single overnight stay unless cost is not a factor. If cost is not a factor the size is nice but there are cheaper places in the area for business related travel. If you are staying in the area for vacation and you are not budget minded it is a decent choice. It is a bit too expensive for me to visit again, even for business.

The Good: Clean, large space, good breakfast, had a dinner that night with free beverage. The room included a good quality bed, nice sized TV on a swivel stand, couch, sitting chair, full kitchen, bathroom.

The Bad: Leaking stool I had to fix so it would quit running. The parts were worn so I had to hand adjust after using the stool. Somewhat hard to find because it is tucked back into a busy area. It was plenty quiet but not easy to find.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear JeramieOK,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel! We are very happy to know you found enough space for your stay in your hotel room. Our rooms are designed for longer stays and the layout allows our guests to feel right at home.
I hope you consider us for your next visit! If you have any requests, please call us.

California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

When we arrived we were not to happy with the studio setup. I was traveling with my grandchildren and daughter-in-law. Grandchildren can give you a run for your money. Now once inside the unit having only one TV it was not working since my grand-kids wanted to watch Nickelodeon and I needed to tune-in into my News. The bed was quite huge, the only problem with the bed was that it was actually aligned with the sofa-bed. We felt there was no privacy. We were looking straight to whoever decided to sleep in the sofa-bed. The next morning we asked management about our issues with our privacy concerns and were upgraded to a one bedroom unit for the entire week. The staff bent over backwards to answer any questions we had and were always courteous and very attentive. The one bedroom apartment had a LG flat screen in the living room and another LG Flat Screen TV in the bedroom. There was a love seat, sofa-bed, corner table with a lamp. There was also a computer table/desk with a phone, and a desk lamp. WiFi is free and there is an option to upgrade to the enhanced WiFi for 4.99 per day. My computer just worked fine with the WiFi so cannot comment on the enhanced WiFi. The kitchen was well equipped. Full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and plenty of pots and pans. The kitchen was nicely decorated as well as the rest of the apartment. The kitchen had granite counter tops with a couple of chairs to sit and eat breakfast. In regards to privacy who ever stayed in the living-room area had to come through my room in order to use the bathroom, this again represented a disturbance and annoyance when we wanted to retire to our bedroom. Whoever designed these units were not thinking about the future. A bathroom that has entrance from inside my bedroom and has another door that can be assessed from the main living room would be the ideal (I forgot what they are called). However, I got as much privacy as I could and my grandchildren and daughter-in-law knocked every time they needed to use the bathroom. Now having talked about these deficiencies or shortcomings in no way takes away that the staff at this place made me feel like back at home. If I am ever in the Oakland area with just my spouse, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Rekon,
After looking at your review, I met with our staff and told them about your experience here. We were all very happy that your stay was a success! Our staff works very hard to take care of our guests and make them feel right at home. That’s the Marriott way!
Your comments are very much appreciated! We hope to see you soon in the future.

Concord, California
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband Nd I have stayed here for a month now at one point hotel over booked and kicked us out for a night ... Keep on mind we are moving here and had a ton of stuff to move and then back in... Our pickup along with 7 other vehicles were vandalized and broken into.. With the hotel telling us to keep us from changing hotels that it was sent to their claims department and would be taken care of ... Got a call two days later in our new room that smells like sewage and we have to wait three days for someone to come clean the drains .. They called to tell us they aren't doing anything about it and they are sorry they didn't tell us there isn't one security camera on the property. On a different note if your staying more than one night don't expect to have shampoo , coffee, or anything other than towels to be restocked after housekeeping comes . And for the evening socials .. Canned ravioli or hot dogs half the time they took the food away 45 minutes before the happy hour was supposed to be over and almost every night the beer was gone after 20 minutes. And want a little extra sleep? Put the do not disturb come back later sign on your door and instead of housekeeping not knocking they call your room 4 times asking if they can clean your room. I will never ever stay here again nor will we put company members up here ... So so un impressed and they I promise will not give you a break no matter what problems you have

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jennifer K
Dear Jennifer K,
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I am just returning from an extended leave, and found out about this.
I would love to connect with you off line and learn more about what you have described. I know it has been a while, but if you would like to contact me, I will be glad to listen to you.
I take in consideration every comment from our guests! Thank you again for your feedback.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Although nothing is perfect I have enjoyed staying here every time I am in the East Bay area. The staff is nothing short of excellent and they do make you feel right at home. Olga at the front desk is one of the best. I have to give management credit, if you tell them about a concern or if they recognize that something needs repair they do what it takes. The pool area was completely re-done recently. Outdoor area around the pool is excellent, they have grills for use and a fire pit, outdoor seating, a basketball, tennis court and they are close to walking/riding trails.
I do have to complain just a little on two small items. They took away the good jams at breakfast and replaced them with some kind of cheap jelly, that was a bad decision. They also changed out the english muffins with another brand that are not good, I am guessing to save money. Reason I complain is that was all I would normally eat along with a cup of coffee, now I just skip breakfast. Now that I think about it, maybe I should be happy I am eating less.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the freeway. Women might want to consider a building that does not have a w...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry W
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Larry W,
Thank you very much for your kind review! Your positive comments help us to continue delivering exceptional service to you and all our guests.
We are very excited to know you like the outdoor areas in our hotel. Our pool renovation took a while to complete, but as you described, it is excellent! This is one of my personal favorite projects this year, and one that I am sure my guests will be able to enjoy.
Olga was very happy to see your comments also and looks forward to see you again!
I will look into the jam and English muffin as well. We are always happy to provide high quality food, and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Take care and let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay a memorable one!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It is nicely tucked away among a residential area of townhomes. It felt safe and there was a shopping mall very close by. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the smoker's hang out to smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cocohead32
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Cocohead32,
I appreciate your comments in regards to your recent experiece at our hotel. Thank you very much for giving us the chance to be your home during your stay. We hope to see you soon so you can enjoy more of the local area!

Pleasant Hill
#2 of 8 in Concord
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord? Share your experiences!