“Great, clean hotel tucked away in a quiet neighborhood”

Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The rooms were spiffy, clean and contemporary. Kitchenette was very nice and functional, and great for ordering a takeout and kicking back.
Breakfast area can get very crowded. Hot breakfast without an omelette station like in Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Second and above floors can avoid being right next to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A4TA
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear A4TA,
Thank you for your nice comment about our hotel. I appreciate the feedback provided and welcome it all for the improvement of our services.
Our breakfast area tends to be busier at certain times of the morning. We sometimes open our meeting room area to accomodate larger than usual crowds. We will make sure we evaluate this to provide comfortable service during our breakfast hours.
Thank you also for choosing Marriott, and hope you visit us again.

Residence Inn Pleasant Hill

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm a Priceline junkie and I'm always excited when I bag a Marriott property. I find the Marriott brand to be superior in terms of quality, over all their competitors. This one is no exception, in fact it's vastly superior to its 3 star grading.
Taking the advice of the last reviewer I asked for a second floor room and this was allocated without difficulty. The room was large, bed very comfortable, furnishings and equipment excellent. Comp breakfast very acceptable, compressed bacon apart, and nice sheltered pool scene. Residual freeway noise was not oppressive . Thanks Marriott for a great stay.!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Redhand,
Thank you for your stay with us! I am very happy to learn about your experience in our hotel. I am also excited to know you follow past reviews, and take them into account for your future stays.
You can always count on our associates to ensure your request is noted in your reservation.
Come back to see us soon!

Residence Inn Pleasant Hill

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Rooms overall are very good, nice beds and clean, at almost $ 300 the night a little expensive in my opinion due the long distance from San Francisco as well San Jose. Other upsetting issue is the noise isolation between floors, every time a person above us walked inside his room we heard it, and I mean it every time. The breakfast area is very small so we had to wait for tables in order to have breakfast almost every day of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, otherwise you'll be hearing footsteps every time a person walks on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RickyHecker
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear RickHecker,
Thank you very much for your report via Tripadvisor. We value your feedback which enable us to improve in our services.
I am sorry to hear your experience with the noise in the room was upsetting. We will be happy to find a room in the upper level should you return to the area in the future.
I would like to also thank you for choosing Marriott. We appreciate your loyalty.

Residence Inn by Marriott
Pleasant Hill - Concord

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed three nights in a two bedroom unit. The Residence Inn complex is a bit hard to find, located in a leafy residential area adjacent to the 680 freeway, so rooms on the east end of the complex (like ours was) will experience some highway noise. As some other reviewers have noted, our rooms showed some signs of wear: sticky drawers, some scuffs, and balky door hardware. However, the unit was wonderfully spacious, with two separate bedrooms, both with king sized bed, flat screen tv, and ensuite bathroom. The central living space featured a vaulted ceiling and fan, fireplace, sofa, and recliner, a third tv, as well as a desk area. Finally, the small but well-equipped kitchen had full sized appliances and all necessary dishes and utensils. The unit was clean and comfortable, with good wireless connectivity and thorough daily housekeeping. Lots of free parking near our rooms. We got a very good rate that was only slightly more than the local rate for a single two-bed hotel room. Really, my only minor complaint was the rather lame breakfast buffet - other than that, we were very pleased with our stay and would certainly recommend to families in a similar situation.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sundogg99

Dear Sundogg99,
Thank you for staying with us, and for your review via Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that your stay overall went well. I would love to address the issues you experienced in the suite, with our maintenance associates. If you would like to send me a separate note to my email address with the room number, I will make sure this suite is taken care of.
I apologize that you were not pleased with our breakfast. I welcome your detailes in order for us to improve our selection as well.
I apreciate your comments and loyalty to Marriott!

Residence Inn by Marriott
Pleasant Hill - Concord

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and then moved to another hotel. The front desk clerk when we checked in was a unfriendly and unpleasant and it set the stage from there. The outside area by the stairwells had a funny smell. The units are old and showing signs of wear. No exercise facility on premises. Breakfast buffet fair at best. Won't go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chocolategirl
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I am old and I have been around. I am an American and I have been in hotels in Europe and North America (sorry far east, Southern Hemisphere and middle east). I have stayed in all levels from "the shower is down the hall" to luxury.

Right now, my favorite chain in all the world is Residence Inn. And my favorite Residence Inn (and I have stayed in many) is Pleasant Hill, California. My only regret is their status has been upgraded from Marriott level 3 to Marriott level 4 so it will take a lot more "points" to get a free room. But I would stay here even if I could never get a free room.

I love the space in even their basic rooms - and the amenities. They have a full kitchen! A family could live here! I have never used these amenities but I have never used the paramedics and ambulance in my home community, but I am glad they are there. Here, if you like they will shop for your groceries and after you cook and eat in your room, they will come in, load and run your dishwasher! What other hotel does that.

Some other reviewed complained when a staff member said, "This is not a full service hotel." That staff member was right. In a full service hotel you do NOT get a free breakfast. In a full service hotel the doorman unloads your car onto a luggage cart and you give him (sorry, him or her) a tip. He pushes the cart near the check-in desk. You check in and the bell person pushes your cart to the room and waits for a tip. In a full service hotel you DO NOT bring outside food into your room - you order room service. In a full service hotel you can get a bowl of potato chips sent to your room for $14.00 plus a tip. In a full service hotel you can get Wi-Fi in your room for just $12.00 a day. Marriott has full service hotels and I have stayed in them (when attending a conference.) I don't like full service hotels.

I have always found the staff at this hotel to be very accommodating. They are cheerful and friendly. They want to be helpful.

I live in the Chicago area and visit here twice a year - at the holiday season and in mid-June. Have been doing this for a lot of years. I found the Residence Inn six or eight years ago and have been coming back ever since.

Of course this place is not for everyone. If you want a low price this is not for you. If you want a hotel with room service and a bar, this is not for you. If you want someone to take your suitcases out of your car and deliver them to your room this is not for you. If you want a location near a hot entertainment strip, this is not for you. But this is the perfect place for me.

Room Tip: It is like a townhouse group. Units are either ground level or you walk up one level. Also decide...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank allenm1043
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is tucked behind all the action of the main street in a nice neighborhood. I've never stayed in a Residence that was actually like an apartment complex. I'm a little wary of hotels with exterior doors, but I could see where this style hotel would be more appealing to extended stay guests. The room was clean, but close to the interstate. Overall it was a decent experience, but I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Been to Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord? Share your experiences!