Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
League City, Texas
“wosrt stay ever”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is my forth and my last time to stay at this hotel. to get a decent rate for my extended stay i had to pay a full month up front. kitchen dishes, silverware and pot and pot are horrible. lining under the bed is hanging on the floor, not mattress pad on the mattress which is a big no no so I bought one and put on the bed myself, the iron and ironing board needs to be replaced. This hotel has went to crap. they need to spend a little less on the outside looks and fix up the rooms a little.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed 2 nites here. Glad it wasn't any longer than that, and I'm glad the time we actually spent in our room was minimal, because this property seemed rather "cheesy" and bare-bones. There was only one coffee cup and one drinking glass furnished (and frankly, I wasn't quite sure either was very clean). I don't know about the other utensils and dishes, because we weren't using them. Linens were "discount" quality and worn. King bed sank on one side on the bed frame, but in all honesty, we didn't report it until we checked out -- I'm sure they would have fixed it during our stay, had they known. We resolved the problem by shifting the mattress ourselves, but the situation just seemed disappointing. But the whole bed thing seemed "cheap" -- discount quality mattress on a frame, no box spring. No breakfast, of course. After we checked out, we ran some errands, etc., with friends, then returned for our car. I needed to use the restroom, and hoped to be directed to one in the lobby. Instead, I was shown to a dirty "employees' restroom" behind the front desk beside the laundry room. I was pretty grossed out. I get it, that this is a "reasonably priced" kind of property, especially in this locale, but ... really????

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about whether your room is a "pet friendly" room. If you're not travel...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Sarah - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding the room, bed, and the quality of your overall experience is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working on with my team to improve the quality and service that we offer.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sfp@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Hill hotels

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at Extended Stay America in Pleasant Hill Ca from May until this week in Sept. The comfort level and rooms were great, and felt like home very quickly. This was a relief since we had to live here for 5 months. But what really sets this hotel apart from others is the incredible staff. I am originally from Hawaii where the standards for hotels are very high along with the customer service (aloha spirit). I haven't always experienced this same "Aloha" in California except at our hotel. I would like to personally thank the main manager Jay for always having a smile on his face no matter how busy of a day he was having. He was very personable and always made sure we were taken care of and his level of professionalism was beyond what I would have expected. He makes the time to get to know many guests and their needs etc. I would also like to thank your maintenance man, Giovanni, for always helping in a timing manor and for going above and beyond many times to help not only us but many other guests in the hotel as I witnessed. If there was ever a problem it was taken care of immediately and his skills and knowledge are a huge asset to your company. He should certainly be recognized for this. I also would like to say how friendly your front desk staff has always been (Nico, Jonathan, etc). They don't do their jobs in a rehearsed or mechanical way. They always have a smile and take time to ask about your day. They are quick and efficient and have displayed the "Aloha Spirit" that I am accustom to. The staff alone would bring me back to this location. They had become more like friends then hotel staff. They are also an asset to your company and all listed above I feel should again be recognized for their invaluable service and dedication. Things flow smoothly at this hotel and the rooms are very comfortable and guests are taken care of beyond what one would expect. Even though it is time for us to move on, I will truly miss staying here. Thank you to everyone their that made our stay great! And a special thank you again to Jay and Giovanni who always went above and beyond! I would highly recommend this location to anyone you will not regret staying here! :)
Thank you again!

• Stayed May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our staff were able to provide you with great customer service. I will convey your feedback to Jay, Giovanti, Nico, Jonathan and all other staff members. I hope you pass your aloha spirit to others and let them know what Extended Stay is all about. It is not just a hotel, but a home!

San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while I visited family and friends during a trip home. I chose it because it was centrally located and in close proximity to all of the freeways that would take me all over Contra Costa County, the North Bay, and San Francisco. I was a little concerned that the cost of the room was nearly half the price of other comparable hotels in the area but, since I was familiar with the location already, I took a chance. I have no idea why it was so cheap. All front desk and maintenance employees I came in contact with were incredibly nice and helpful, the free grab-n-go breakfast offered a good variety of goodies, trash disposal and the laundry room were convenient. This is a "no frills" hotel meaning there is no ice machine and no daily room service. The front desk is happy to provide you with extra towels and toiletries if needed though. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
colorado springs co
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Location an easy walk to Bart and to our son's apartment complex made us pick this hotel, along with the price being $50/night cheaper than the Embassy Suites. Rooms are a good size with a kitchenette, table for eating, desk table, large closet, and adequate bathroom. Décor is minimal and plain, room was very clean and in good condition. Front desk folks are very pleasant and helpful. Also, free parking and wifi, and morning breakfast "grab and go" had instant oatmeal, oatmeal bars, apples & oranges, coffee, and single wrapped muffins/sweet rolls. Short walk to the Heavenly Café and 7-11. The cons-- walls are thin and we could hear our neighbor having a coughing fit. Also lots of bumps, etc. If the in-room heater-A/C unit had the option to leave the fan running constantly it would do a lot to drown out the noise. As it is now, the fan switches off when the room gets to the set temp. Bottom line, we did not spend a lot of time in the room so it worked for us. However, if you are a light sleeper or plan to spend a lot of time in the room, you will have the noise to put up with.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank colospringssue
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and you had a good experience at our hotel. But I am sorry to hear about the AC unit fan noise and the transmission of noise. Our hotrl is making constant improvements in the buildings to avoid such problems for our guests. Still, I am glad to hear that you found our free WiFi and fully-equipped kitchen as a convenience.

I would like to thank you for your time and efforts to write this review and letting us know where we could make improvements. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is my first time in this hotel and I like it very much. Great service, nice people and good price "all in-one". The hotel is located in a good area, quite and peaceful place. I feel like home. I would recommend this hotel in the future.
Great staff: Jay (Manager), Nico, Anabelle, Rosy, Sirih just to mention some of them.
Thanks for all your help keep it up!
Jose from Costa Rica.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel team and our facility. The team was so excited to learn you mentioned them by name! I hope you will continue to choose us as your "home away from home". Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to hear from you again.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Not a 4 star hotel but worth it if on a tight budget. Was able to walk to BART and a few local eateries. Free coffee, muffins and fruit was a bonus each morning. Also, remember to bring your own toiletries - you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the main entrance - it's we're the smokers after at all hours of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Address: 3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523-4315
Region: United States > California > Pleasant Hill
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Pleasant Hill-Buskirk Ave Hotel Pleasant Hill