Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
“Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I wanted to spend few days vacation with my parents to visit San Francisco: after checking the crazy prices in the town, I considered being back to this hotel, where I had already stayed on business (being overall satisfied). Rooms are quiet, large, clean and comfortable (even if not top class furnished), staff is very kind and friendly, breakfast is good ("eat as you can", with selection of Muffins and excellent coffee!!!), laundry very efficient, Internet connection acceptable.
From the hotel you can easily walk to the BART station and go to SF center in less than one hour. The possibility to prepare and enjoy your own dinner in the room kitchen is another plus!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you came back to stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, quiet room and our many amenities. We're proud of our staff for providing you with quality service.

Thank you again for your positive review. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This rating is based more on expectations developed at other hotels than this hotel. I did like the refrigerator, however, there was no:
shampoo, coffee pot, soap dish in the shower, dishes, flatware, places to put flatware, cups, sofa, ice bucket or ice machine on grounds, alarm clock, thermostat, scratch pad or suitcase rack.
One might obtain some of these things if one went to the front desk. However, I was turned away for things that others were provided. Also the bathroom fan was failing creating a terrible noise.
There was breakfast. It consisted of a muffin and an apple. They did have a coffee pot but nowhere to sit and consume these things. One must juggle them back to your room.
The rooms are very small and if another adult wishes to relax in the room, there is only one chair.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M F
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that you were not informed of our amenities. We have kitchenware and toiletries available at the front desk for our guests. We gladly deliver these items to your room once requested. We will review our policies with our front desk staff to ensure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in. Also, we offer coffee, tea, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit each morning for our guests that do not have time to cook in their fully equipped kitchens. We apologize if this did not leave you satisfied. We will look into continuing to add to our selection.

Thank you again for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at sfp@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Hill hotels

COTTONWOOD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

excellent employees, I was greeted when I walked through the door with a smile. The employee called me when I didn't arrive before 3 pm to verify I was still coming to the reservation. the room was in great condition compared the other locations I have stayed with this company. I would recommend this location to all of my Friends and Family. Good job.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 4 August 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the hotel and our staff. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your recent stay. We at Extended Stay America will continue to provide comfort, convenience, and pleasurable stay for all our guests. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

hotel was very nice, great staff. Right in the middle of everything to do in walnut creek. had an awesome time there. couple of loud kids but the staff took care of it right away. the front desk manger Jay was awesome to work with. The front staff was always cheer full and put out great free coffee. They could use a waffle machine, and a treadmill or pool. right behind the hotel is iron horse trail which is a great trail to walk.

Room Tip: place is smoker friendly and pet friendly. any room was awesome
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm proud to read that you received great service from our staff. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our free coffee and that our location was convenient to you. Your suggestions about additional amenities will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel, so thank you. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff is very friendly and will ask you daily if you are enjoying your stay. As a project manager I have had up to five separate rooms at one time to manage. Keeping track of this many rooms as workers of mine are always coming and going is no easy task, but time and time again management greets us with a smile, helps with any updated business receipts, and sends us quickly on out way. Thanks a lot Jay and staff!

Room Tip: I believe dogs are only allowed on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant and memorable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud to read that you received such excellent service from my staff. I am glad to read that they were friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. The staff and I would love an opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your work bring you back to the area.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Very helpful staff starts my stay. Slight issue with room quickly corrected( warm water not running in bathroom sink). Beautiful room, bed so comfortable I fall asleep almost immediately night after night. Was told later it is a new bed and oh yes it is!
Fridge,stove top and microwave work very well. I bought a toaster oven for a few things I like baked/broiled, trying to eat healthier because after all I'm in California!
I'm a Travel Nurse. It has to be a safe area, comfortable and a nice environment to rest/sleep and be near restaurants, places to walk to and low stress. I work in ICU, high stress. I can say I have looked forward to going back to my extended stay room for a meal, a nap, watch TV, use the Internet for my IPhone and PC.
I rate this whole experience highly. Such a pleasure to rate yet another Extended Stay a "High5!!!!" Star.
Jay is the Manager. He is doing a terrific job!!!! Makes everyone welcome!

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Stacy - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service and that your room was a relaxing, getaway for you.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you continue to stay with us during your travel assignments.
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location near restaurants, freeway, and walking distance of BART station, which is great if you're here on business like I am. The room was pretty average, even a bit dated, but clean and well kept. There's complimentary coffee, muffins, fruit, and granola bars in the morning starting at 6. Nothing amazing but it's perfect if you're short on time. Ample parking is available outside but just a tip for everyone: be sure to lock your doors and not to leave anything valuable in your car (they have a notice on the doors telling you the same). Someone found their way into my car but no broken windows so probably just some kids checking doors. You don't need to worry about safety since it's right next to a shopping center and there are police camped out right around the corner at the Best Buy a lot of the time.

The thing that really stands out here is the staff. They really are wonderful. Very friendly, courteous, attentive to your needs, and available at any time. Housecleaning is also done on time every week. The manager is on top of everything and is eager to make sure that you are satisfied.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SH888
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that you appreciated our hotel's convenient location. I am also proud you received such excellent service from our staff. I am glad to read that you found your room to be clean and well-kept; however, I am disappointed that you were not completely satisfied and that you found it to be dated. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill Inn
Pleasant Hill Inn
#5 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Address: 3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523-4315
Region: United States > California > Pleasant Hill
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Pleasant Hill-Buskirk Ave Hotel Pleasant Hill