“Comfortable stay, nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Pleasant Hill

Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
midwest
“Comfortable stay, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hotel is situated close to several restaurants and shops that are within an easy walking distance. There were numerous people walking around the small town area nearby and it had a friendly feel to it. The hotel was the standard Courtyard layout and setup. The breakfast staff was courteous and upbeat. The room was facing a somewhat busy street, but had some trees to provide a barrier. While there was a lot of traffic, it did not seem to bother my sleep at night. Overall, the hotel has a great location and the dependable Courtyard experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your most recent stay. We look forward to housing you and your family in the near future.

Should you ever return, please let us know and we will kindly find you a room away from the HWY side for added quiet and comfort.

We appreciate you staying with us!

Happy Summer!!!

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

The room is clean, bed is comfortable, nice coffee machine to make hot drink very easily if you like. There are restuarants and shops nearby for food or to pick up snack you need. The breakfast and coffee for the morning is great to have. The staffs are friendly and plenty of parking spaces in front of the hotel for drivers. Except if someone walk very loudly above your room, you are able to hear it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your response regarding your 10 day stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have long term guests stay with us.

We do hope to see you in the near future. Should you return, please contact us immediately so we can block a room on the top floor for you to avoid any heavy walkers.

Thank you again for your comments as we share them with the entire team. Have a wonderful summer and we look forward to servicing you again.

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

While my room was impeccably clean, the bed very comfortable and the location convenient to where I had a meeting, the location turned out to be extremely noisy. Additionally the insulation between floors was horrible and the continual pacing and stomping from the room above me was loud and irritating. There was a continual stream of traffic on the side road of the hotel which included motorcycles, trucks, and loud cars all stopping for the red light. The traffic died down about 2:30am and I was able to fall asleep until the person in the room above me started stomping and pacing again at 4:30am.

Because I was going to be checking in late (8pm) I included a note in my reservation for a high room in a quiet location of the hotel. I ended up on the 2nd floor next to the street and stop light. When I asked to be moved I was told there was nothing available, however, I felt the clerk really didn't seem too interested in finding me a new location.

So if you're a light sleeper this is not the hotel for you. I left at 7am exhausted from lack of sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. Although the comments were not favorable, they are definitely worth hearing and extremely important as I take all comments back to my team for future learning and understanding.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to external and internal noise and I am even more disappointed that you felt my front desk agent was not concerned about your issues. That is not the standard for my staff and I will follow up with my agent(s) regarding that.

I also noticed you were unable to get the floor you requested in your profile. Although, we do try our best to accommodate all guest requests, on sold-out or close to sell-out nights at times it is impossible to meet all requests. WE DO TRY.

Please contact a leadership member at your earliest convenience so we may discuss your concerns and our services and try and make this right.

OAKCP / 311Q3
Carmichael, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I travel in the area for business and really enjoy staying at this Courtyard. Pleasant Hill is a gem of a location for ease of access to freeways, BART, and local bars and restaurants. This property is clean, with updated rooms and lobby area, and all of the employees are extremely friendly and helpful.

Parking is free (and safe), and the hotel is close to several BART options if you want to go to Oakland A's or Giants games...or commute to work. It is a quick 5 minute walk to the "restaurant district" and there are many tasty and fun options.

Rooms are very comfortable, having undergone the standard Courtyard remodel process with excellent results. I really prefer this location and property to the many over-priced options in the surrounding area. It is an area with personality, and a Courtyard with guaranteed customer comfort and satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property and its location. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our guests stay. Thank you for also taking the time out of your busy day to respond on Trip Advisor. The comments are appreciated and I always share them with my staff.

Thanks you again...and Hope to see you soon!

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

This is the third newly-modelled Courtyard that I have stayed in, and it's so formulaic that you have to try hard to remember what city you are in. But, with the courtyards that's a good thing. There are 3 Internet PCs with a printer in the lobby, the big cool touch screen TV thing and grass on the bar. Breakfast is coffee shop style (and its expensive) but better than the old DIY waffles on plastic plates!

My room was spacious and quiet, which was surprising given the proximity of an 8 lane highway. I left my 'do not disturb' hanger on all day so housekeeping left a note. Nothing unusual there,but the good thing was the note offered options for me to get service if I needed it, and was clear about deadlines for me to order anything I might need - I didn't, but it was a nice touch.

Several eating places nearby, but all fast/diner style. You will need your car to find good eats.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Katrece R, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a response on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure seeing the positive comments that our guest leave. I will share these comments with my staff.

Marriott definitely has a formula - GREAT Customer Service and a solid product!!!! Thank you for recognizing it. We as associates enjoy serving you and your family. So please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Thank You again for staying with us!

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I visit the Concord/Pleasant Hill area frequently for business. Stayed at this facility for four nights, and had better than average experience representing very good value. Property went through substantial upgrade within the past year, including refurbishing common areas and rooms. The result is a business traveler-friendly arrangement in the lobby (work area, bistro, front desk) and no-frills but clean and adequately appointed rooms. Staff here are engaged, paying attention, and helpful. For bonus points, this location has a range of decent eating options within a one to two block range (in a good walking environment), and has easy access to major surface streets / highways going north, south, and east. As others have noted, you do pay for that easy access and proximity with some background noise from the 680. All in all, a good experience, and I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the facility parking lot (to the north) are likely to be least affected by noise from n...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always great to hear about above average experiences and I share all comments with our staff for added learnings. We love to exceed all guest expectations.

Should you ever travel again to our area (as you mentioned you do) please consider us again for your home away from home.

Hope to see you at the Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott very soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here during the christmas break. Check in was really easy, and the whole lobby was remodeled. They even had a cool giant touch screen in the lobby where you could look at the traffic and restaurants in the area. We used the gym, which was also clean and empty. The rooms were nice, although not as remodeled as the rest of the hotel, but overall it was fine and comfortable. Would definitely come back here!

We did have something funny happen to us. The first room we checked into, we walked in and it seemed someone was either there or they had not done the room yet. We just went back down and they moved us to a separate room. The one thing I thought about was, what if that were me in the bed and someone walked in on us!?

Other than that... a great hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response regarding your most recent stay with us. All comments are greatly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologize that you were initially checked into a room that had yet to be turned over in our system. We do our best to ensure all rooms are in “CLEAN” status prior to putting them back into inventory. I am sorry that was not the case this time.

I understand the front desk staff took care of this issue swiftly and I hope you were happy with your second room.

Thank you again for staying with us. And we do hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!