“no more free continental breakfast”

Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed 30 June 2013

this trip they still have breakfast but you have to pay for it. used to be a nice breakfast was included for $109. still the same quiet hotel with nice people. Very clean with good beds. Might look elsewhere next time for an included breakfast

Room Tip: We like 4th floor facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we always use them as tools for enhancing our guest stay. I noticed you mentioned we no longer have breakfast included in our rates. Pleasant Hill Courtyard actually does still offer a "STAY FOR BREAKFAST" rate during the weekend and weekday. When booking reservations, please look for the Stay for Breakfast rate under Marriott packages. If you have problems finding this package online please call the property direct and would be happy to assist in booking that rate for you.

Thank You again for your comments and I look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pleasant Hill

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Like another reviewer mentioned, the lady at desk was not rude, but didn't seem all that concerned with going to any extra trouble. Went down for the coffee in lobby which is normally a big convenience at this chain, and the desk clerk told me that I could buy it in their Starbucks or make it in my room. No apologies for not having the complimentary coffee. Perhaps she does not know that other hotels in the chain offer it. Too bad because the hotel is very clean and updated. It is also near shopping and dining. Yes, I know that a small thing like coffee should not color my feelings, but the lack of caffeine had me dwelling on the annoyance of the thin walls and ceilings as I rode empty handed back to my room to get money.

Room Tip: Would advise top floor to ensure quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to respond regarding your stay. Thank you for mentioning our front desk agent was not rude. But I am sorry to hear you felt she was just uninterested. I will definitely share your comments with our front desk team so we can learn from this.
We do apologize about no longer offering complimentary coffee in our lobby as Courtyard hotels are now moving away from this option as we now service Starbucks in our Bistro. Complimentary coffee is unlimited and available in your guest room at all times. Should you return to the area please allow us to provide you with added packs in your guest room.
You will find that Starbucks is a delicious way to start your mornings….
We do hope to see you back and at that time please locate me as I would love to speak to you more about your stay. Or you can contact me at the hotel 925 691 1444.
Thank you again for staying with us…and I do hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hotel is situated close to several restaurants and shops that are within an easy walking distance. There were numerous people walking around the small town area nearby and it had a friendly feel to it. The hotel was the standard Courtyard layout and setup. The breakfast staff was courteous and upbeat. The room was facing a somewhat busy street, but had some trees to provide a barrier. While there was a lot of traffic, it did not seem to bother my sleep at night. Overall, the hotel has a great location and the dependable Courtyard experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your most recent stay. We look forward to housing you and your family in the near future.

Should you ever return, please let us know and we will kindly find you a room away from the HWY side for added quiet and comfort.

We appreciate you staying with us!

Happy Summer!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The room is clean, bed is comfortable, nice coffee machine to make hot drink very easily if you like. There are restuarants and shops nearby for food or to pick up snack you need. The breakfast and coffee for the morning is great to have. The staffs are friendly and plenty of parking spaces in front of the hotel for drivers. Except if someone walk very loudly above your room, you are able to hear it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your response regarding your 10 day stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have long term guests stay with us.

We do hope to see you in the near future. Should you return, please contact us immediately so we can block a room on the top floor for you to avoid any heavy walkers.

Thank you again for your comments as we share them with the entire team. Have a wonderful summer and we look forward to servicing you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

While my room was impeccably clean, the bed very comfortable and the location convenient to where I had a meeting, the location turned out to be extremely noisy. Additionally the insulation between floors was horrible and the continual pacing and stomping from the room above me was loud and irritating. There was a continual stream of traffic on the side road of the hotel which included motorcycles, trucks, and loud cars all stopping for the red light. The traffic died down about 2:30am and I was able to fall asleep until the person in the room above me started stomping and pacing again at 4:30am.

Because I was going to be checking in late (8pm) I included a note in my reservation for a high room in a quiet location of the hotel. I ended up on the 2nd floor next to the street and stop light. When I asked to be moved I was told there was nothing available, however, I felt the clerk really didn't seem too interested in finding me a new location.

So if you're a light sleeper this is not the hotel for you. I left at 7am exhausted from lack of sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. Although the comments were not favorable, they are definitely worth hearing and extremely important as I take all comments back to my team for future learning and understanding.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to external and internal noise and I am even more disappointed that you felt my front desk agent was not concerned about your issues. That is not the standard for my staff and I will follow up with my agent(s) regarding that.

I also noticed you were unable to get the floor you requested in your profile. Although, we do try our best to accommodate all guest requests, on sold-out or close to sell-out nights at times it is impossible to meet all requests. WE DO TRY.

Please contact a leadership member at your earliest convenience so we may discuss your concerns and our services and try and make this right.

OAKCP / 311Q3

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I travel in the area for business and really enjoy staying at this Courtyard. Pleasant Hill is a gem of a location for ease of access to freeways, BART, and local bars and restaurants. This property is clean, with updated rooms and lobby area, and all of the employees are extremely friendly and helpful.

Parking is free (and safe), and the hotel is close to several BART options if you want to go to Oakland A's or Giants games...or commute to work. It is a quick 5 minute walk to the "restaurant district" and there are many tasty and fun options.

Rooms are very comfortable, having undergone the standard Courtyard remodel process with excellent results. I really prefer this location and property to the many over-priced options in the surrounding area. It is an area with personality, and a Courtyard with guaranteed customer comfort and satisfaction.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding our property and its location. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our guests stay. Thank you for also taking the time out of your busy day to respond on Trip Advisor. The comments are appreciated and I always share them with my staff.

Thanks you again...and Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is the third newly-modelled Courtyard that I have stayed in, and it's so formulaic that you have to try hard to remember what city you are in. But, with the courtyards that's a good thing. There are 3 Internet PCs with a printer in the lobby, the big cool touch screen TV thing and grass on the bar. Breakfast is coffee shop style (and its expensive) but better than the old DIY waffles on plastic plates!

My room was spacious and quiet, which was surprising given the proximity of an 8 lane highway. I left my 'do not disturb' hanger on all day so housekeeping left a note. Nothing unusual there,but the good thing was the note offered options for me to get service if I needed it, and was clear about deadlines for me to order anything I might need - I didn't, but it was a nice touch.

Several eating places nearby, but all fast/diner style. You will need your car to find good eats.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Katrece R, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a response on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure seeing the positive comments that our guest leave. I will share these comments with my staff.

Marriott definitely has a formula - GREAT Customer Service and a solid product!!!! Thank you for recognizing it. We as associates enjoy serving you and your family. So please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Thank You again for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!