Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill
US$259
Residence Inn
US$178
Hotels.com
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
US$191
US$186
Pleasant Hill Inn(Pleasant Hill)
US$121
US$105
US$93
ClarionHotels
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboston marketrite aidwalnut creekswim meethotel sharesno refrigerator or microwavebasic needsbusy intersectiongreat accesscomfortable stayvery clean hotelfront desk staffthe rooms were niceconvenient locationstarbucks coffeebathroom sinkfirst floor
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is close to everything and easy on/off from Interstate 680. Clean and comfortable rooms. It is often times hard to book since it is so popular and is used for small conferences. We stay here once a month to visit family.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. As the GM for the hotel, I review all comments and relay them back to our entire team (For learning) in hopes of increasing customer service skills. Positive comments are extremely exciting for our team and are greatly appreciated. I do hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel looks pretty much the same as most other courtyards. Modern lobby and rooms.
Pro-
Indoor Pool
Location to stores and food
Price
Cleanliness

Con-
Bathtub would not drain two days in a row. We had to switch rooms which was a pain to do early in the morning.

I called to tell the manager that “we had the same problem as yesterday and had to leave to another hotel to shower the day before (since my boyfriend had a room at a different hotel). We checked with the front desk upon our return to make sure our tub was in order, were told we are fine”
. The manager on duty who had answered the phone interrupted me while I was complaining, literally two sentences into my complaint by saying "my technician didn’t tell me the tub wasn’t working and it was me you spoke with when you returned" instead of saying, I apologize or letting me at least get my point out. I told her that wasn’t the proper way to handle a complaint. Getting defensive right away was VERY odd for a manger to do; customers expect accountability from anyone who answered the phone as simple professionalism. Next time I hope they have more mature people handling the front desk.

Other than that great place to stay and as a matter of fact I am booked my next stay here on Feb 7th, I will check my tub before unpacking.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that dosent face the street as you can hear street noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roselynn F
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to discuss your most recent stay with us. Guest comments are always valuable as we do read them daily and learn from hearing about the experience of a guest(s) stay.

Let me apologize for the issue with the tub not draining well. I will do my research to see with whom you spoke regarding this topic. I am disappointed that a “rude” impression is what you perceived from a leadership member. My entire team does try our best to ensure guest comfort. (This reaction is very surprising). I will also follow up with my engineer to determine what was happening with the tub train. Thank you for the notification.

If you have time, I would love to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly so we may discuss your stay further.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you at the property the next time you visit the area. Ask for me directly and "I" will get you in the most comfortable room possible for you and your family.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Convenient hotel just off the interstate. We had a high floor room with balcony and nice view of the mountains. The only downside was the highway noise. Very nice renovated lobby, great and helpful staff. Pleasant Hill outdoor mall is just across the street with plenty of food choices. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your most recent stay. I share all comments with the entire staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Pleasasnt Hill, Ca.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Did a one night stay here in Pleasant Hill, and I was lucky enough to find a Courtyard, and one that has been renovated with the new Bistro.
- Room was nice and clean
- Check in staff was friendly and helpful
- Bistro was good, but its pretty much the same at every one

My only complaint is that the woman who checked me out was over doing it a bit with her friendliness act ( I say act because as I watched her talk a guests ear off about some question I am sure he regrets asking, her nice smile switched to a frown as she gossiped with the other person that was at the desk).

Anyways, I am just not a fan of insincere hospitality; even though she sounded very nice, it was easy to tell she was just putting on a show. Not sure if she was a manager or not, because she said she was but her name tag said something about sales, I don't know, it's just something I don't really see in Marriott's.

Room Tip: This is a Courtyard without really a "courtyard" it's more of a shopping center, so I would choose a room on the shopping center side. Mine was street side, and I still slept pretty well though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Brian W,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our Courtyard in Pleasant Hill. Yes we did renovate in early 2012 and we are excited about the new concept and product.

Should you ever return back to our area? We do hope you will pick us as your home away from home.

Again, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I started my four night stay at this hotel by hobbling up to the front desk with a bad back at 12:30 pm, asking if it was possible to check in early. Because they only had one room ready, they upgraded me and then wanted to know if it would be alright because I usually stay in rooms on the highest floor and this patio room was on the ground floor. How thoughtful. Staff insisted on helping me and checked on me often. The bed was the perfect cure for my back and I was up and raring to go soon. Roaming around the lobby I found fresh ice water, one with lemons and one with cucumbers, available all day. Because I am an awards member, they gave me a nice welcome package too. The hotel was spotless and well maintained. Pool is open 24/7 which is perfect for travelers. Gym was small but faced the pool so mom or dad good have worked out while the kids were swimming. The pool also featured handicapped access which puts my rating over the top.
It's a short walk across the street to a wide variety of restaurants, shops and a movie theater.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always wonderful to hear comments that are positive which I share with our team.

I do hope that when you return to the area you stay with us again.

Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon!