“Great location, good staff, nice property”

Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Ogden, Utah
“Great location, good staff, nice property”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed here during a trip to the Bay area. The location is very nice, right off the freeway, and integrated into a large scale shopping complex that includes a wide variety of stores and restaruants. The lobby is large and includes a bar and work area. Due to the location, there is clearly no need for an on-site dinning room. The rooms are large, which is always a bonus. The staff are friendly and engaging, at least the ones that I dealt with. The building and grounds are clean and inviting. This location includes a pool, hot tub, and an area to get in a quick workout. This location also offered a lower price point compared to comprable hotels in the area.

In addition, the proximity to the freeway did not mean an increase in noise. Always a bonus. I fully admit that as a buisness traveler, Marriott is my go to choice. I do base all hotels against Marriott properties, and this one does not disappoint.

Room Tip: Always get something away from the icemakers and elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and we appreciate the time you took to respond on Trip Advisor. All guest comments are read and shown to our staff members as encouraging words or used as a training opportunity.

We are glad it felt like your home away from home and hopefully if you are ever back in our area...you will visit us again.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Positives: large and quiet room, helpful staff. Food is now available--it's not a restaurant but upscale , tasty (and expensive) take out/eat in. Negatives: internet in the room worked only intermittentlywhich was a real pain; mattress has seen better days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding you most recent stay with us. We learn from all commentary and we share all comments with our staff for better understanding of improved service. If I understand you correctly, you enjoyed your stay but had issues with our internet provider and our mattresses. I will follow up with our provider today and ensure the lines are working more efficiently and GOOD NEWS regarding our mattresses. Sealy replaced all box springs and several damaged mattresses on March 26 and 27th. They realized a defective product was installed during our 2012 renovation and they are aimed at correcting the issue this year.

Thank you again for voicing your opinion and we do hope to see you at our property again, if you should ever come back to the area.

Katrece Raine
Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Recently booked 4 rooms for family to attend nearby wedding. Rooms were well appointed, lobby very accommodating for relaxation, business, or eating. Staff were very helpful both prior to our stay as well as meeting requests while we were there. Loved that we could walk to nearby restaurants and shops. Road noise is a problem, particularly on the south side.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure having you with us and we appreciate all commentary written. I do share all comments with my team as we use both positive and negative comments for growth and learning.

Let me apologize for the traffic noise on the south side of the building. Should you return... please let us know in advance and we will do our best to get you the most quiet room possible.

Thank you again for staying with us. We do hope to see you very soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is close to everything and easy on/off from Interstate 680. Clean and comfortable rooms. It is often times hard to book since it is so popular and is used for small conferences. We stay here once a month to visit family.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. As the GM for the hotel, I review all comments and relay them back to our entire team (For learning) in hopes of increasing customer service skills. Positive comments are extremely exciting for our team and are greatly appreciated. I do hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel looks pretty much the same as most other courtyards. Modern lobby and rooms.
Pro-
Indoor Pool
Location to stores and food
Price
Cleanliness

Con-
Bathtub would not drain two days in a row. We had to switch rooms which was a pain to do early in the morning.

I called to tell the manager that “we had the same problem as yesterday and had to leave to another hotel to shower the day before (since my boyfriend had a room at a different hotel). We checked with the front desk upon our return to make sure our tub was in order, were told we are fine”
. The manager on duty who had answered the phone interrupted me while I was complaining, literally two sentences into my complaint by saying "my technician didn’t tell me the tub wasn’t working and it was me you spoke with when you returned" instead of saying, I apologize or letting me at least get my point out. I told her that wasn’t the proper way to handle a complaint. Getting defensive right away was VERY odd for a manger to do; customers expect accountability from anyone who answered the phone as simple professionalism. Next time I hope they have more mature people handling the front desk.

Other than that great place to stay and as a matter of fact I am booked my next stay here on Feb 7th, I will check my tub before unpacking.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that dosent face the street as you can hear street noise from traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roselynn F
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to discuss your most recent stay with us. Guest comments are always valuable as we do read them daily and learn from hearing about the experience of a guest(s) stay.

Let me apologize for the issue with the tub not draining well. I will do my research to see with whom you spoke regarding this topic. I am disappointed that a “rude” impression is what you perceived from a leadership member. My entire team does try our best to ensure guest comfort. (This reaction is very surprising). I will also follow up with my engineer to determine what was happening with the tub train. Thank you for the notification.

If you have time, I would love to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly so we may discuss your stay further.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you at the property the next time you visit the area. Ask for me directly and "I" will get you in the most comfortable room possible for you and your family.

Happy New Year!

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Convenient hotel just off the interstate. We had a high floor room with balcony and nice view of the mountains. The only downside was the highway noise. Very nice renovated lobby, great and helpful staff. Pleasant Hill outdoor mall is just across the street with plenty of food choices. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your most recent stay. I share all comments with the entire staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Pleasasnt Hill, Ca.
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Did a one night stay here in Pleasant Hill, and I was lucky enough to find a Courtyard, and one that has been renovated with the new Bistro.
- Room was nice and clean
- Check in staff was friendly and helpful
- Bistro was good, but its pretty much the same at every one

My only complaint is that the woman who checked me out was over doing it a bit with her friendliness act ( I say act because as I watched her talk a guests ear off about some question I am sure he regrets asking, her nice smile switched to a frown as she gossiped with the other person that was at the desk).

Anyways, I am just not a fan of insincere hospitality; even though she sounded very nice, it was easy to tell she was just putting on a show. Not sure if she was a manager or not, because she said she was but her name tag said something about sales, I don't know, it's just something I don't really see in Marriott's.

Room Tip: This is a Courtyard without really a "courtyard" it's more of a shopping center, so I...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Brian W,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our Courtyard in Pleasant Hill. Yes we did renovate in early 2012 and we are excited about the new concept and product.

Should you ever return back to our area? We do hope you will pick us as your home away from home.

Again, thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!