“I'd stay there again- nice property”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel in conjunction with a high school reunion. Everything was well done. I am a veteran traveler and have stayed at many hotels during my travels. I would rank this one in the top ten. The staff was friendly, professional and caring- all qualities I expect but seldom find all of them in one hotel. Very convenient as it is right off the Interstate. Shopping and food are within walking distance. Worthy of consideration on your next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

It was great to have had you here and we appreciate you sharing your experiences regarding your visit. We can't thank you enough for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

One of the best of the chain hotels we have stayed at. We stayed while visiting our nephew at Cal State East Bay. The location is very convenient, parking easy, hotel very clean and staff very pleasant. The room was clean, bed comfortable, amenities excellent and although we didn't use it, the pool area was very nice. Free bottled water was everywhere. Nice touch!!
We stayed on the concierge level and found the happy hour and breakfast offerings to be outstanding. Wide selection of hot foods and pastries at breakfast. Also these were replenished frequently and tables cleared quickly.
We ate in the bar one night and again found the food and service to be really good.
All in all an excellent place to stay, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Marriott Brand as well as the Marriott Pleasanton. It is wonderful that you found your accommodations and our central location worked well for your stay. We offer multiple room types and locations to meet the needs of our guests and we are happy you were able to enjoy the Concierge Level rooms during your visit. It would be wonderful to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My truck broke down during the night and was able to push it to the parking lot, from there was able to get room for the night. The following day after check out, the staff was great in helping me with trying to jump start my car and use computer off n on to help find autoparts stores. In the end, my truck still didnt work, so was able to store there till canget it fixed in a few days and even took us by shuttle to the nearest train station. All day the staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013

We are happy to read that our staff members were able to assist you when your truck broke down near our hotel. Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We hope your truck has since been fixed and if you are in the area, we hope you have the chance to visit the Marriott Pleasanton again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel has shuttle service w/in 5 mile radius. Huge shopping mall w/in walking distance or use their shuttle. Very friendly and helpful Staff. Room Service food delicious. Nice Lobby bar for after work relaxing. Room really nice and priced reasonably. Oh I found an unadvertised coin laundry washer and dryer! Plan to stay there every work trip I have to Pleasanton!

• Stayed: September 2013
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

It is wonderful that you found your business trip to the Marriott Pleasanton enjoyable. We are located near many attractions, shopping and restaurants. We are happy you were able to utilize our shuttle service during your visit. We strive to provide a great experience for both our business and leisure travel guests and we thank you for sharing your perspective. Our team is always available to assist with any questions and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We recently stayed here, it is off the beaten path, BUT my husband had been there on business a few years ago. The hotel was friendly, clean and cute...I knew my adult girls would like it too. Very nice pool, I was impressed that it had a handicap lift by the pool and hot tub. We did not need it, but I thought that was a great idea. Very nice chairs by the pool and shaded area for reading. Very clean. I will have to say that Pleasanton has a cute, cute town with specialty stores. We were there on a Saturday and they were having an open farmers market on the street. I was so jealous...the fruits and veggies where awesome. We shopped the town twice on the same day! Met several very friendly people that lead to great conversations! I love to have local people tell me about their town, and are so proud to live there. Great restaurants too...we had Mexican and Mediterranean foods...it was wonderful! I know I got off of the subject of the Marriott, BUT I think the area is what draws you there. So, I can't wait to come back...but, NC is a bit far for now! Thank you Marriott!

Room Tip: Room was plenty big for 4 adults...with LOTS of luggage!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the Marriott Pleasanton as well as the downtown area. We are located near many attractions, shopping and restaurants and it is great that you were able to experience the area events like the farmers market. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Just returned from a trip which I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Pleasanton, Ca. This location is close to a major shopping center which I walked to, and located very close to the Bart Station which took me into downtown San Francisco in about 35 minutes. The staff were very friendly and the room was very very comfortable and super clean. Food in the Concierge Lounge was a nice lift in the morning with a healthy choice of fruits, eggs, and cereals. I have stayed here before and I will again. A very safe choice that is consistent from stay to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs over the pool is my favorite!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

The location of the Marriott Pleasanton makes it easy to explore the area and we are happy you were able to experience that during your stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our guests and we thank you for your continued loyalty. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Located 45 minutes from San Francisco and about 1 hour from Santa Cruz Beach. Everything from from room, buffet,front desk, restaurant staff were great. The best part of all I got the room for a rate of $54 per night! Thought it was a mistake but it was right.
Unfortunately, on my last day of my stay Murphy's Law took effect. I got stuck in the elevator few minutes. Morning housekeeping staff wasn't friendly anymore they chat in the hallways then run into a room slam the door as you pass by.

Other minor issues with my room was that the bath tub fixture was installed upside down. Microwave oven door does not open or close properly. Annoying odor in the closet that never went away during my whole stay. Room was located at end of hallway on 4th floor.

Besides what happened on the last day the hotel stay was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

We are thrilled you were able to enjoy many aspects of your stay and we thank you for your kind comments. It is our hope that each day of our guests stay is just as good, if not better, than the day before. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your time here. We will review our commitment to our customers with the team and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.