Pleasanton Marriott
  • Pool
Motel 6 Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel is beautifulmarket cafebuffet breakfastshopping mallplenty of free parkingomelet stationstoneridge mallminute drivebusiness tripfree shuttlevery pleasant staywould stay here againquiet locationearly checknice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Needed a last minute booking for my parents. I got a winning bid on Priceline for around $70, which was higher than I wanted. However, I was very surprised how nice this hotel has become.

I had been to this hotel when it was the Crowne Plaza. The lobby restaurant had a color scheme from the 80's, with lots of tables, and not very many people. It was definitely dated, although for groups it was adequate with plenty of space.

When I read that Marriott was taking over and putting in $19 Million in renovations, I was intrigued.

The interior of the lobby and the rooms is beautiful. Lots of yellows, reds and greens. Hopefully it stays clean over the next few years. Dark wood is used, but in moderation and with a contemporary aesthetic so it looks very modern and classy. The mood was much more lively. They removed a lot of tables and seating, but replaced them with beautiful furniture that is constantly being used by guests.

The guest room was great as well, especially the bedroom. New bedding and a flat screen TV makes the room very comfortable. Wi-Fi is available in-room for a charge. Business center in lobby was used a lot.

Only drawback is that I'm sure prices will go up for guests and groups, but I think it is really worth it. My parents couldn't believe how nice it was and were sad to leave.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Attached is a copy of an E-mail to the hotel's manager detailing our problems. On the upside she did refund our money for nights that were not satisfactory which but it did not seem to be conveyed to the front desk and it took 1 hour to sort it out there. On the downside after our final room change we awoke on our last morning to find the room COMPLETELY flooded from overflowing plumbing. This was almost one year ago and I still feel strongly enough to write a review. I am returning to the area again this year and this hotel is not even on the radar!!!

+++++++++++
COPY OF E-MAIL SENT AUG 30, 2007 TO HOTEL'S MANAGER.

Dear Ms. Ryle:

I feel compelled to bring to light my experiences at the Crowne Plaza, which unfortunately have not been favorable overall.

From check-in (Saturday night) it was a fiasco. I had reserved a room on the executive floor and was told upon check in that I had not done so fortunately I had the proof of reservation on my computer and was able to show the representative (who was the manager on duty) that I had done so. In the interim her offer was to discount the rate by $10 as was charged for the standard rooms. I may be wrong but does this not mean then that our rate proved we were booked on the executive floor hence negating the accusatory stance taken at the front desk?

We switched rooms on the following day (Sunday) and promptly had to go back to the front desk (after having moved all our luggage to the hallway of the new room because the keys did not work. In the new room there was a message on the telephone stating that there was a problem with my credit card. on reporting to the front desk I was told there was no problem.

On Monday after being out all day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys did not work yet again!

After a very long day on Tuesday starting at 3am and travelling to Los Angeles and returning to the hotel about 11pm at night we were woken up by a heinous and incessant noise early the following morning while trying to sleep in after a very trying day yesterday. I personally called the front desk to register my dissatisfaction and was not offered a change or room despite my call.

This morning we are trying to sleep in again only to have the same incessant banging and drilling and construction going on overhead. I've called the front desk and was again not offered any resolution.

This morning I've opened your Guest Services Directory and found your name and tried to call your extention and then asked for your E-mail so I could reach you directly. I see that you have in print ... "If any part of your stay fails to meet your expectations, we promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay. That's our commitment to you"

Well I'm sure you will realize by now that neither Saturday, Wednesday or Thursday have met my expectations for even the most basic of hotels farless the Crowne Plaza. I expect you will meet your commitment.

On the positive side:

E. Ladouceur is outstanding and a true credit to the hotel she preforms creditably and is an asset to the hotel.
The staff, food and service in Benton's are GREAT!

I wish I had more positive to say but given my experience, I sure you will understand why I am unable to do so.

Regards

JG

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 4 July 2008

Good priceline pic - free business center, great pool furniture, shuttle and walk to mall.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 31 July 2007

I just loved this hotel .everybody was so helpful and friendly. the rates were excellent.Dave was always on hand to help if we had any problem .front desk service was excellent I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to visit it again gang from ireland.jacinta

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 11 June 2007

We only stayed one night, but it was a pleasant and easy stay. The staff was friendly, the room is clean and the bed is pretty comfortable. We had a room close to the pool, so you could hear people at the pool, but as to be expected. We are a bit more tolerant of that being we are in our mid 20's. Its not that convenient if you are going to San Francisco daily, but if you are there to visit friends closeby, then its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple