Pleasanton Marriott
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton(Pleasanton)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$324
US$183
US$247
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn(Pleasanton)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$151
Residence Inn Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
US$206
Residence Inn
US$245
US$109
US$183
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel is beautifulmarket cafebuffet breakfastshopping mallplenty of free parkingomelet stationstoneridge mallminute drivebusiness tripfree shuttlevery pleasant staywould stay here againquiet locationearly checknice room
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I spent one night here recently on a short business trip. Had a great experience. A few things I really appreciated:

-Free bottles of water and fruit (apples) throughout the hotel (very nice touch!)
-Bathrooms had tons of counter space for all of my stuff
-Bed was comfy, I slept very well
-Breakfast at the Concierge lounge was great - lots of variety, friendly help, not too crowded (I was there at 6:45am for coffee and 8:15am to eat). Staff very friendly.
-Food in bar was pretty good, but too slow (see below)

A few things to watch out for:
-It can be noisy with the freeway right outside (depends on the side you are on)
-Service in the bar (food) was really, really slow. We arrived at hotel late and wanted some dinner at about 9:45pm. I was so hungry and it took about 25 minutes for a grilled cheese!
-There are rooms on the ground level. I didn't have one, but personally that would have been a deal-breaker for me.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for one facing away from interstate (noisy) and not on ground/first floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Whether you are visiting the Marriott Pleasanton for business or pleasure, it is our expectation that our guests enjoy their time here. We are happy you were able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge and I appreciate your feedback. Our team is always available to assist with any concerns you may have. For future visits do not hesitate to reach out to us should your accommodations not meet your expectations so we can address any concerns immediately and get you back to enjoying your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Pleasanton.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've been coming to the Pleasanton Marriott on a weekly basis for business for many many months. The first thing that strikes me every time I arrive is the warm, welcoming feeling that I get as I walk through the door. The staff behind the front desk couldn't be friendlier (morning, day, and night). They make people feel welcome and at home as they cross through the lobby. I also notice that they have a beautiful way of treating each person's concerns (big or little) as though it's important with extreme professionalism. Everyone from the bellmen to the managers greet me with a smile as I come and go each day. It's a great place to come back to each evening to unwind, decompress and relax after work. The entire front staff (led by their supervisor, Tim), needs to be commended for the excellent service they provide.

There's a great fun ambiance at the hotel. At the bar, the bartenders (Devon, Loreal, and Delmi) are exceptional. They are so attentive and friendly. I often get back late after work and eat at the hotel. The food is extraordinary. I've enjoyed everything I've tasted but my favorite dinner is the Filet Mignon. They have great appetizers, salads, and outstanding soups (I love the tomato bisque). Ask the staff and they will be happy to give you helpful recommendations. On Tuesday evenings they have a manager's reception/cocktail party with incredible appetizers. The managers, John, Haas, and Steve are at these events, chatting with guest and bending over backwards to make sure everyone is having a wonderful time. I've met the chef, Aaron, and it's clear that he and his cooks (which he speaks highly of, though they are behind the scenes) take pride in what they do and go out of their way to create amazingly delicious mouthwatering food (the food speaks for itself). At least once a week, I'll order room service. Like the rest of the staff the room service attendant (thank you, Kevin) is outstandingly nice, friendly, and curteous.

The concierge lounge is open for breakfast in the morning and in the evening Monday through Thursday. Every time I enter the concierge lounge the attendants greet me with a warm welcoming smile. For breakfast there is always a great spread of eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, juices, etc. The wide range of choices make it easy to be as healthy or naughty as you'd like. Likewise, in the evening, there is always a beautiful spread of appetizers, cheese, fruit, salad, etc. Don't be surprised if you're full when you leave. Oh - there's desert too later in the evening. The attendants in the lounge are friendly and go out of their way to meet everyone's need.

The rooms in the hotel are spacious, comfortable, and clean. The housekeeping staff is very pleasant and does an excellent job. It's so nice coming back to a room, that smells good, looks good, feels good. They have a wonderful nightly turndown service too (thanks Genaro).

The staff pays great attention to detail and won't hesitate to go out of their way to make your stay a little more pleasant. One last but beautiful example, was the week I was at the hotel on my birthday. When the bartender (Loreal) found out, she told me that the hotel would do something special. I thought she was being nice and didn't expect anything but when I got back to my room on my birthday, there was a tray of chocolate covered strawberries waiting for me. That is just one of many examples of how the staff in this hotel works together to make their guest happy.

Staying at this hotel is a 5 star hotel experience. The management team deserves a Kudos. The staff is exceptional. I'll be coming back to the hotel every week for at least the next few months. Not surprisingly, the hotel is usually 100% full during the week so I suggest booking your room early.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret C

We can't thank you enough for your glowing review of your experiences at the Marriott Pleasanton. It is our expectation that all of our guests feel at home while here and we sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. I truly is a pleasure to have you here every week. As always, let us know if there is anything you need.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very nice room, efficient yet friendly staff and a great location within walking distance of major shopping and dining options.

While it is close to all the necessities and near major freeways, the location is quiet, safe and tranquil.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

When choosing to stay at the Marriott Pleasanton, our guests are close to area attractions, shopping and more. Our team is always available to assist with any questions you may have and we thank you for your kind comments. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I recently stayed at this Marriott, it is located right off the freeway and close to the shopping mall and business offices. Appears to be newly renovated, it has a restaurant and business center along with a kiosk to print boarding passes. Rooms are spacious, updated, clean with bathrobes, small refrigerator and plenty of power outlets for charging cell phone and laptop. The room and bathroom were very clean and as mentioned the towels were soft and fluffy not old and coarse. Good blackout drapery and quiet (was facing hill vs. freeway). My only challenge was understanding how to turn off the wall unit for the HVAC system. When I first turned it off it made an intermittent sound like a car blinker but upon further attempts was able to turn it off so the room was silent. Beds were comfortable and clean and everything was in working order. My only complaint was the ottoman to the chair was stained - housekeeping should report such items to address them. I wouldn't use the chair for this reason but other than that everything was great. In the morning upon checking out I had a question, the manager addressed me personally and ensured I was taken care of.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Dublin Canyon Road and not the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather A
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Pleasanton and we thank you for your review. It is great that you were able to enjoy your accommodations and found the available amenities met your expectations. We will share your feedback with the housekeeping team and appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We regret any difficulties you may have experienced with the temperature controls in your room and our team is always available to assist with any questions. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The rooms were so very spacious and clean. The bathrooms were also large with lots of room to spread out a makeup bag or two. The hallways were wonderfully lit with skylights. The entry and bar area was expansive and open. The staff was delightfully gracious.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We strive to provide experiences like yours to all of our guests and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. It was great to have had you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.