“Best Hotel in Dublin/Pleasanton Area”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Oakland, California
“Best Hotel in Dublin/Pleasanton Area”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a rarity in the East Bay, a true full-service hotel. Others may claim to be but this hotel delivers the full Marriott experience from the moment you are greeted by the friendly bell man. The property itself is beautiful and the rooms and public areas are elegantly decorated. Nice bar and restaurant. In the latter, the service is excellent, unlike the other major brand down the street.

Room Tip: Turn right when entering the parking area if the spots near the main entrance are taken. Plenty of s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Experiences like yours are what we strive to deliver to all of our guests and we appreciate your kind comments. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It was wonderful to have had you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rossland, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We booked online and got a great price but... when we checked in our family of 4 was put in a room with a king bed. We explained that we had 2 kids with us and they said the best that they could do was bring in a portable single bed. When we said that we booked weeks ago and had booked for 4 people we were told that their computer system doesn't tell them how many people the booking is for. So, for 3 nights we had to share a bed with one of our kids. Also, we checked in at about 3 pm and had to call and remind them at 8:30pm to bring the single bed up.
We left the hotel early one morning and didn't get back until 4pm. We were surprised that the room hadn't been made up when we returned. We had to go out again so that the room could be serviced.
The room itself was really quite nice, the buffet breakfast had a great selection and everything through out the hotel was neat and tidy. The staff are friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Make it clear how many people are in your party unless you want to squeeze one of your kids in your...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Justin W
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
While we are happy you were able to enjoy some aspects of our hotel, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a stay that exceeds their expectations and I will review your feedback with the team to re-emphasize our commitment to quality service. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your confidence in us. Thank you.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed a lot in this hotel for business. It's easy access to the freeway and close to shopping and dining. Depending on the season, the price can be very reasonable for the comfort and service you're getting. Dining is pretty limited, but they do have a pretty good breakfast buffet. The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable (very important on those long days at work), but internet is pretty slow though.

1 Thank jetters888
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy you have had the opportunity to visit us a few times and we appreciate your loyalty. For future visits, we do offer a variety of discount offers and complete details are available on our website. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Pleasanton for 5 nights. It was very comfortable, clean and quiet. My room was on the second floor, facing away from the freeway, The bedding was extremely comfortable, nice sheets, quilt and plenty of pillows. The room had two queen size beds, which made the room seem a bit small with an extended stay. It would have been better having a sofa and one bed, if that configuration was available. The bathroom was very roomy with an extra-wide counter. I also loved the plush-over sized Marriott bathrobe. Since the room didn't have one, I requested a mini-fridge. Nice extra’s was having free bottled water, snacks available in the lounge area at about 6:00 pm each night and grab-and go breakfast. If you are a Marriott gold rewards member, the lounge area has a great continental hot breakfast, and a tasty evening light dinner. The gym was adequate with about 6 treadmills and ellipticals and other equipment. I also had free wifi, thanks to the preferred rate that I had through my sponsoring company, otherwise it is $17.00 for high speed internet. The bar area serves decent light dinners as well. I had the grilled cheese which was quite excellent. I had the cold breakfast buffet one morning. Lots of fresh fruit, nice fresh pastries, granola and bagels and lox, which was adequate for me.
The hotel is fairly convenient (1 mile) to the office park, Mall and BART – public transportation. The hotel provides a free shuttle service. Otherwise nothing is right next door, which means that you will need to get a ride or drive to do anything. Downtown Pleasanton is about a 15 minute drive.
Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and welcoming. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gwardbeeler
It is great that you were able to enjoy your visit and I thank you for sharing your experiences. When visiting the Marriott Pleasanton, our guests can enjoy a variety of on-site amenities and we are happy you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant and spend some time in our fitness center. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Pismo beach
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were assigined handicap room, upon check in no question asked. it was convient as we were attending a wedding, it is so hard to use accessible bathroom and shower when you dont need one. front desk was not aware about our reservations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
When choosing to stay at the Marriott Pleasanton, our team is always available to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. While we regret any difficulties during check in, we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
minneapolis
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I spent one night here recently on a short business trip. Had a great experience. A few things I really appreciated:

-Free bottles of water and fruit (apples) throughout the hotel (very nice touch!)
-Bathrooms had tons of counter space for all of my stuff
-Bed was comfy, I slept very well
-Breakfast at the Concierge lounge was great - lots of variety, friendly help, not too crowded (I was there at 6:45am for coffee and 8:15am to eat). Staff very friendly.
-Food in bar was pretty good, but too slow (see below)

A few things to watch out for:
-It can be noisy with the freeway right outside (depends on the side you are on)
-Service in the bar (food) was really, really slow. We arrived at hotel late and wanted some dinner at about 9:45pm. I was so hungry and it took about 25 minutes for a grilled cheese!
-There are rooms on the ground level. I didn't have one, but personally that would have been a deal-breaker for me.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for one facing away from interstate (noisy) and not on ground/first floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Whether you are visiting the Marriott Pleasanton for business or pleasure, it is our expectation that our guests enjoy their time here. We are happy you were able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge and I appreciate your feedback. Our team is always available to assist with any concerns you may have. For future visits do not hesitate to reach out to us should your accommodations not meet your expectations so we can address any concerns immediately and get you back to enjoying your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Pleasanton.
Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've been coming to the Pleasanton Marriott on a weekly basis for business for many many months. The first thing that strikes me every time I arrive is the warm, welcoming feeling that I get as I walk through the door. The staff behind the front desk couldn't be friendlier (morning, day, and night). They make people feel welcome and at home as they cross through the lobby. I also notice that they have a beautiful way of treating each person's concerns (big or little) as though it's important with extreme professionalism. Everyone from the bellmen to the managers greet me with a smile as I come and go each day. It's a great place to come back to each evening to unwind, decompress and relax after work. The entire front staff (led by their supervisor, Tim), needs to be commended for the excellent service they provide.

There's a great fun ambiance at the hotel. At the bar, the bartenders (Devon, Loreal, and Delmi) are exceptional. They are so attentive and friendly. I often get back late after work and eat at the hotel. The food is extraordinary. I've enjoyed everything I've tasted but my favorite dinner is the Filet Mignon. They have great appetizers, salads, and outstanding soups (I love the tomato bisque). Ask the staff and they will be happy to give you helpful recommendations. On Tuesday evenings they have a manager's reception/cocktail party with incredible appetizers. The managers, John, Haas, and Steve are at these events, chatting with guest and bending over backwards to make sure everyone is having a wonderful time. I've met the chef, Aaron, and it's clear that he and his cooks (which he speaks highly of, though they are behind the scenes) take pride in what they do and go out of their way to create amazingly delicious mouthwatering food (the food speaks for itself). At least once a week, I'll order room service. Like the rest of the staff the room service attendant (thank you, Kevin) is outstandingly nice, friendly, and curteous.

The concierge lounge is open for breakfast in the morning and in the evening Monday through Thursday. Every time I enter the concierge lounge the attendants greet me with a warm welcoming smile. For breakfast there is always a great spread of eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, juices, etc. The wide range of choices make it easy to be as healthy or naughty as you'd like. Likewise, in the evening, there is always a beautiful spread of appetizers, cheese, fruit, salad, etc. Don't be surprised if you're full when you leave. Oh - there's desert too later in the evening. The attendants in the lounge are friendly and go out of their way to meet everyone's need.

The rooms in the hotel are spacious, comfortable, and clean. The housekeeping staff is very pleasant and does an excellent job. It's so nice coming back to a room, that smells good, looks good, feels good. They have a wonderful nightly turndown service too (thanks Genaro).

The staff pays great attention to detail and won't hesitate to go out of their way to make your stay a little more pleasant. One last but beautiful example, was the week I was at the hotel on my birthday. When the bartender (Loreal) found out, she told me that the hotel would do something special. I thought she was being nice and didn't expect anything but when I got back to my room on my birthday, there was a tray of chocolate covered strawberries waiting for me. That is just one of many examples of how the staff in this hotel works together to make their guest happy.

Staying at this hotel is a 5 star hotel experience. The management team deserves a Kudos. The staff is exceptional. I'll be coming back to the hotel every week for at least the next few months. Not surprisingly, the hotel is usually 100% full during the week so I suggest booking your room early.

Room Tip: Book early!
1 Thank Margaret C
We can't thank you enough for your glowing review of your experiences at the Marriott Pleasanton. It is our expectation that all of our guests feel at home while here and we sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. I truly is a pleasure to have you here every week. As always, let us know if there is anything you need.