“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Texas
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at two local hotels recently. The Marriott won hands down! Very helpful and friendly staff, nice room in quiet location, great gym with view of the pool. We were also given a choice of perks, I think because we used the Marriott mobile check-in app. We chose 2 free adult breakfast buffets. My son and I arrived first. I didn't want the full buffet, just asked for tea and toast. The waitress said it was on the house! My husband arrived shortly thereafter and he and my son used the free breakfasts. So nice. Particularly as we were using a free night for the room! The hotel was undergoing construction but it wasn't particularly loud and there was little disruption to the routine, though, I believe the usual club lounge was unavailable. I wish we'd stayed here our entire visit to the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we thank you for your wonderful review. Our guests have a variety of on-site amenities to enjoy while here and we are glad you were able to spend some time in our fitness center. Renovations are currently underway and we are happy to read that your stay was not affected by this work. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are in the area. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to attend a party in the bay area. We checked in at 2:30 pm and were assigned room 120. This was across the hall from the fitness center and was very loud. Having been platinum with Marriott for many years, I understand that marriott does their best to accommodate the needs of the top-tier guests first, but this room was across from the fitness center and a construction zone. My wife and I along with our two kids checked in, unpacked and as it was the kids nap time, we tried to get them to sleep, which was very difficult. We decided not to be too "picky" and try to make things work. However, within the hour, we realized the AC was broken. When we notified the front desk, we were moved to room 130. Having packed and unpacked a second time, we discovered that the AC was broken in this room as well.

When I went to the front desk, the lady at the front desk had a rather callous attitude. I explained to her that our two young daughters were having a rough time (Marriott Staff had to move 2 baby cribs each time we were moved).

We were moved to room 107 where we got dressed and left for the party. When we got back (around 10 pm) we discovered that the AC in room 107 was also broken.

The maintenance staff informed us that there was a layer of "ice" on the compressor. This is apparently a well known issue with the "older" ACs according to the maintenance staff. We were advised to run the "heater" for 30 minutes to melt the ice. Remember, it was 90+ degrees in pleasanton that day. We ran the heater full blast (which had the rather unpleasant side effect of heating up the room at 11 pm at night.

I went to the front desk and was offered to move to a 4th room. I told them that the children had gone to bed and if they couldn't get the AC fixed right away, I would like to get them to arrange some fans for us in the room. I was initially told by the same lady that "there are no fans". I spoke to the maintenance guy and he found 2 very smal fans for us. We had a very rough time throughout the night.

I would have expected the folks at the front desk to be aware of the issue, and when we were moved to a third room, after two AC breaks, I would have expected that they move us to a room with a "newer" AC. However, the staff at the front desk made no such attempt.

We have been loyal marriott customers for almost 10 years now, and even though this has been our only unpleasant experience, we are very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "newer" AC unit. Old AC Units have problems and will cause you much...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Ankur D
We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand and we thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have experienced while here and we thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We continually refresh our commitment to our guests and your feedback will be shared with the team. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust and confidence in us. Thank you.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed over 1600 nights at Marriott around the globe over the past 25 years and had exceptional service at almost every one of them. However, this is without a doubt the WORST hotel that I have ever stayed. The staff is rude, the food area is unsanitary, we even had dirty towels in our room with dirt and hair all over them. Our room service order was so bad that is was not eatable. The iron in our room was in such poor condition that it ruined my shirt when I tried to iron it. When the issues were brought to the attention of the hotel management, they did not even apologize for the poor service and completely disregarded the issues we experienced. Stay at the Sheraton Four Points when in Pleasanton. The Marriott staff at this hotel is so rude and unprofessional. I was actually told by the front desk the management team did not want to be bothered by guest questions or concerns. Avoid this hotel at all cost. If you got a room at this hotel for free, you would still be overpaying for what you would get.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost. The Sheraton Four Points is a good option when in this area.
Green Features: The hotel was dirty and unsanitary, so they are far from being an environmentally friendly hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marcluckey
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. This is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. Feedback like yours helps us to better understand our guests and we thank you sharing your perspective. I will share your comments with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to have the chance to welcome you back so we may restore your trust and confidence in us. Thank you.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Let me start with the positives: pool area is wonderful, very clean and lots of seating both in and out of the sun, location, morning attendant in the concierge lounge is fantastic!
Now on to the negatives:
1. first impressions are important: with the front desk staff, they were gossiping among themselves and laughing, RUDE, when I arrived, it made me very uncomfortable as I felt that I was interrupting them to check in
2. the hotel is in the process of being renovated but feels dusty and dirty
3. NO coffee or hot water in the evenings in the concierge lounge, the lounge was very messy with dishes and crumbs on the tables
4. anytime you call the operator there seemed to be a language barrier
5. the towels in my room were dirty, every single towel which I discovered when I got out of the shower, I used hand towels to dry my body!
My peers stayed at the Four Points Sheraton and were thrilled with everything about their stay. It is less than one mile away and where I will be staying next month when I return for follow up business.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Points Sheraton Pleasanton!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank adventurerplus
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. Although you were able to enjoy your time by the pool we sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations on every level. Our hotel is currently undergoing renovations to ensure our guests a most comfortable stay. We thank you for sharing your concerns and I will share your comments with our team so we can work to ensure any disruptions to our guests are minimal. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may win you over completely. Thank you.
Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Easy access to business, freeways, restaurants and the charming downtown. Comfortable and clean rooms, very friend staff. Surprisingly quiet part of town as it is situated in the light industrial area of Pleasanton. Stay here, feel safe and welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
It was great to have had you here and we thank you for your wonderful comments. We are located near many Tri-Valley attractions, businesses, restaurants, shopping and more. We are glad you enjoyed our central location and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Lots of remodeling going on. Lobby area all closed off. Hallway to my room had rugs over the carpet held down by duck tape. Hotel needs this remodel as it is so old looking. Pool area is delightful. Outdoor fire pit and nice seating areas. Great location for business. Once remodel is completed this should be up to Marriott standards.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. It is great that you had the chance to enjoy our pool and outdoor fire pit area during your visit. We are currently in the process of renovating our property to ensure a more comfortable stay for all of our guests and we sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The upgrades are very nice. I've stayed here before but the changes made the difference in my experience this time. The new palate is warm and inviting and the modern look is very nice. Every staff member that I encountered was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. The Concierge Lounge was a nice respite during my stay and offered a lot amenities and choices. The room was very nice and made relaxing easy. I dined at restaurants in the area, walked a couple of miles each day and I had everything that I needed for a great stay. Love the location as it is central to all of the places that I usually venture to when visiting the BA. The only downside was the AC was very noisy in my room on the 6th floor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton. We are delighted you had the opportunity to return so we could provide you with the experience you expect from the Marriott Brand of hotels. We are located near many area attractions and just a few miles from downtown Pleasanton where you can enjoy shopping, attractions, dining and more. Thank you for letting us know about your air conditioner. I will have our maintenance team look into and address any concerns. Thank you and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.