“Nice Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pleasanton Marriott

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Barrie, Canada
“Nice Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel Is very close to the Highway so finding it is not a problem. The rooms are clean and the Pool Hot Tub are nice too. The highlight of the hotel is the friendly staff! They are very helpful with any of your needs. The shuttle driver is great too taking you to any place you wish to go.

I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick B
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Your comments regarding our team are appreciated. We also appreciate your recommendations to others. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hello. Got a great deal on the hotel room, so we stayed here. It was great. Beautiful hotel. The pool was very, very nice. The rooms were clean with a decent view. The location is right off of the highway, easy to get on and off. The fitness room was very impressive.Usually the fitness room in the hotel is an afterthought. In this case, they put a lot of research into it, to make it a very, very nice facility. The breakfast was very good. Great hotel, great location, great staff., great amenities.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted to read you found your visit to the Marriott Pleasanton a great value. Your kind comments are appreciated. We are happy you had the opportunity to enjoy a few of our amenities while here and found our fitness center exceeded your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed with a friend and the bar area and staff were great. The food is really good. The parking is easy and safe. Rooms were great. Clean, Comfortable and everything worked. Work out room is excellent too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Marriott Pleasanton while visiting the area. We are delighted you were able to experience so much while here and we appreciate your great comments. We are glad you were able to enjoy our on-site fitness center, our restaurant as well as finding time to relax and unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff were absolutely magnificent at this hotel. They always had such welcoming smiles and went out of their way to help when I had questions or issues. Taylor & Nicci were absolutely great on reception, helping me when there was noise disturbance due to the renovation work. Kerlos was great at shuttling me around Pleasanton. Arturo helped me find an extra room when the hotel was fully booked on the Friday night, which was great. The General Manager was always really amicable and helpful when I saw her around and she clearly has a wonderful team in this hotel. There were also other members of staff who I could mention but I do not know their names.

The hotel itself is clean, spacious and the new beds are very comfortable! I will stay here again on my next stay in Pleasanton because of how super the staff were. Definitely a cut-above the service in European Marriotts I have stayed in. Room rate only was quite expensive though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from renovations
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrP15
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we can't thank you enough for your wonderful comments. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with our renovations and we appreciate you reaching out to us so we could work together so you could get back to enjoying your time here. For future visits, we do offer a variety of hotel discount packages and our website is the best resource when determining which offer best meets your needs. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at two local hotels recently. The Marriott won hands down! Very helpful and friendly staff, nice room in quiet location, great gym with view of the pool. We were also given a choice of perks, I think because we used the Marriott mobile check-in app. We chose 2 free adult breakfast buffets. My son and I arrived first. I didn't want the full buffet, just asked for tea and toast. The waitress said it was on the house! My husband arrived shortly thereafter and he and my son used the free breakfasts. So nice. Particularly as we were using a free night for the room! The hotel was undergoing construction but it wasn't particularly loud and there was little disruption to the routine, though, I believe the usual club lounge was unavailable. I wish we'd stayed here our entire visit to the area!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we thank you for your wonderful review. Our guests have a variety of on-site amenities to enjoy while here and we are glad you were able to spend some time in our fitness center. Renovations are currently underway and we are happy to read that your stay was not affected by this work. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are in the area. Thank you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to attend a party in the bay area. We checked in at 2:30 pm and were assigned room 120. This was across the hall from the fitness center and was very loud. Having been platinum with Marriott for many years, I understand that marriott does their best to accommodate the needs of the top-tier guests first, but this room was across from the fitness center and a construction zone. My wife and I along with our two kids checked in, unpacked and as it was the kids nap time, we tried to get them to sleep, which was very difficult. We decided not to be too "picky" and try to make things work. However, within the hour, we realized the AC was broken. When we notified the front desk, we were moved to room 130. Having packed and unpacked a second time, we discovered that the AC was broken in this room as well.

When I went to the front desk, the lady at the front desk had a rather callous attitude. I explained to her that our two young daughters were having a rough time (Marriott Staff had to move 2 baby cribs each time we were moved).

We were moved to room 107 where we got dressed and left for the party. When we got back (around 10 pm) we discovered that the AC in room 107 was also broken.

The maintenance staff informed us that there was a layer of "ice" on the compressor. This is apparently a well known issue with the "older" ACs according to the maintenance staff. We were advised to run the "heater" for 30 minutes to melt the ice. Remember, it was 90+ degrees in pleasanton that day. We ran the heater full blast (which had the rather unpleasant side effect of heating up the room at 11 pm at night.

I went to the front desk and was offered to move to a 4th room. I told them that the children had gone to bed and if they couldn't get the AC fixed right away, I would like to get them to arrange some fans for us in the room. I was initially told by the same lady that "there are no fans". I spoke to the maintenance guy and he found 2 very smal fans for us. We had a very rough time throughout the night.

I would have expected the folks at the front desk to be aware of the issue, and when we were moved to a third room, after two AC breaks, I would have expected that they move us to a room with a "newer" AC. However, the staff at the front desk made no such attempt.

We have been loyal marriott customers for almost 10 years now, and even though this has been our only unpleasant experience, we are very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "newer" AC unit. Old AC Units have problems and will cause you much...
8 Thank Ankur D
We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand and we thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have experienced while here and we thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We continually refresh our commitment to our guests and your feedback will be shared with the team. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust and confidence in us. Thank you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed over 1600 nights at Marriott around the globe over the past 25 years and had exceptional service at almost every one of them. However, this is without a doubt the WORST hotel that I have ever stayed. The staff is rude, the food area is unsanitary, we even had dirty towels in our room with dirt and hair all over them. Our room service order was so bad that is was not eatable. The iron in our room was in such poor condition that it ruined my shirt when I tried to iron it. When the issues were brought to the attention of the hotel management, they did not even apologize for the poor service and completely disregarded the issues we experienced. Stay at the Sheraton Four Points when in Pleasanton. The Marriott staff at this hotel is so rude and unprofessional. I was actually told by the front desk the management team did not want to be bothered by guest questions or concerns. Avoid this hotel at all cost. If you got a room at this hotel for free, you would still be overpaying for what you would get.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost. The Sheraton Four Points is a good option when in this area.
Green Features: The hotel was dirty and unsanitary, so they are far from being an environmentally friendly hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Marcluckey
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. This is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. Feedback like yours helps us to better understand our guests and we thank you sharing your perspective. I will share your comments with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to have the chance to welcome you back so we may restore your trust and confidence in us. Thank you.