“Very Good Experience”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
California
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Just returned from this hotel stay today. Had an overall, very good experience. Our room was extremely comfortable, pretty, and clean. The bed was one of the best I have slept on in a hotel. The linens and pillows were wonderful. Thermostat/temperature was very easily adjusted and true to setting. Modern, large, flatscreen tv and wireless system for internet. (Internet extra at $12.50 per day) . ~ I love how Marriott puts out a large container of iced water, flavored with lemons and oranges, and also fresh apples, in their lobby area. We have only good things to say about this hotel and would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Forgiven4ever

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I stayed four nights at this recently renovated Marriott. I got a great deal since I was staying for the Standard Schnauzer Club of America's national speciality dog show. The hotel is bright and colorful with a modern décor. The staff was friendly and accommodating—one night I was ill and the chef made me a chicken soup which was not on the menu. The food was good and average price for a hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was wonderful with a pillow-topped mattress, down comforter and LCD TV! The bath was large. My only concern was with Luz, the maid. Although her service was adequate, it missed on some points—towels were never replaced in the original amount as my check-in day; she didn’t replenish the tea/coffee/sugar (I had to take some from the maid’s cart); there was no bag in the ice bucket, no shower cap, no soap replenishment. Her bathroom floor mopping did not remove all of my lost red hair; there were strands lying around. I don’t know if Marriott is trying to save a little money here and there or if Luz’ housekeeping was a little lax. I may be overly picky (again the rate was unbeliveable for this hotel), but I enjoyed my stay overall and would stay here again.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom floor
  • Stayed October 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 18 October 2008

July 23, 2008 – I had the opportunity to spend one night at the Marriott Hotel in Pleasanton California. The hotel is beautiful. It is located very close to the intersection of the I580 and I680 freeways.

Check-in was Marriott quick, as expected, taking about a minute. My room was #634, on the concierge level. The room rate was $161 per night. There was plenty of free parking all around the hotel.

The hotel had a life before it became a Marriott. It has been completely refurbished. I think the only thing in my room that was per-Marriott was the glass in the windows. Everything else appeared to be brand new. The highlight of the room is the Marriott Revive bed. These beds are so comfortable. The headboard had an LED reading light on both sides that could be directed so as to not bother a sleeping partner (I was alone). On one of the night stands was a clock radio with an I-pod dock. The alarm on the clock radio was very easy to set.

The room had a 32” LG LCD high-definition TV. My only disappointment was that no HD programming. It seems like a waste to have such a high quality TV and not offer HD programming. There were about 40 cable channels was well as a large selection of pay-per-view movies. Movie costs ranged from about $9.00 to $13.00 depending upon the title. I watched a pay-per-view movie and the quality was much better than the cable TV stations; not high-def, but very good quality.

I also liked the full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. The room was very light and open. My room had Marriot’s new connection panel to allow the LCD TV to be used as a computer monitor, but there were no cords in the room. I think Marriott went to a large expense to include these panels, but I have yet to be able to use one because I just don’t want to carry the two or three extra cords needed. High speed internet service was by I-bahn. It worked well.

The bathroom was nicely decorated and like the rest of the room, everything was brand new. Bath amenities consisted of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, and body wash. Lighting was very good with a separate light for the vanity and shower areas. There were towels for three quests.

I had access to the concierge lounge and basically made the evening buffet my dinner. Besides cheese, crackers, vegetables, and fruit, hot empanadas were available. The breakfast buffet consisted of all the normal cold items plus bacon, eggs, and hot oatmeal.

The pool area was very nice with lots of lounges with very thick pads. There were a several seating areas including one with an outdoor fireplace. Next to the pool was a whirlpool spa. A large and very well equipped exercise room is just inside of the hotel looking out onto the swimming pool.

The Stoneridge shopping center is just East of the hotel and there are many restaurants in the area. The Dublin/Pleasanton BART station is close enough to the hotel that the hotel will shuttle guests back and forth.

I had great service and the hotel is beautiful. I recommend it highly.

• Liked — Great service newly refurbished and a MARRIOTT
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank LakersFan
Stockton, CA
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My family and I decided to take an overnight stay on a last minute trip. I didn't book the room until the afternoon prior to the stay. Booked a pretty good room rate of $85 on line. On arrival, I was very pleasantly surprised at the property. Just now hearing it was recently renovated from being the Crowne Plaza.

The room is beautiful and nicely appointed. No problem with hallway noise or hearing any neighbors. Toiletries are from Bath and Body Works and were great!

The pool area is quite nice. Plenty of covered areas and nice outdoor furniture.

A few minor drawbacks. Room service trays were in the hallway at check in and remained there throughout the evening. The parking lot has a bulk of the spaces away from the main entrance and there are no side entrances even with a card access. The double rooms contain full size beds instead of queen size.

Overall, I was very pleased with this property and can't wait to stay again.

• Liked — Comfy rooms, Bath and Body Works toiletries
  • Disliked — double beds instead of queen
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Irvine, Ca
Reviewed 22 August 2008

We stayed at the Pleasanton Marriot in July. It was both for business (husband) and pleasure (me and our 5 year old). I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. They had recently renovated the hotel and everything was new. The room had new linens, flat screen tv. They do charge for internet connection in the room, but in the lobby there were 2 computers and a printer if you needed. They also had a appetizers every evening for free (except on Friday). We only checked it out one night and they had an assortment of cheese, crackers, and egg rolls.

The Stoneridge mall is walking distance.
The Concierge was very nice. I used the exercise room and though it was small, it was fine. Each machine had a tv to it so that was nice. Overall, we had a great stay.

One bad thing was that I could hear murmuring in the hallway while walking to our room, but once we were in the room you couldn't hear a thing.

• Stayed July 2008
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Needed a last minute booking for my parents. I got a winning bid on Priceline for around $70, which was higher than I wanted. However, I was very surprised how nice this hotel has become.

I had been to this hotel when it was the Crowne Plaza. The lobby restaurant had a color scheme from the 80's, with lots of tables, and not very many people. It was definitely dated, although for groups it was adequate with plenty of space.

When I read that Marriott was taking over and putting in $19 Million in renovations, I was intrigued.

The interior of the lobby and the rooms is beautiful. Lots of yellows, reds and greens. Hopefully it stays clean over the next few years. Dark wood is used, but in moderation and with a contemporary aesthetic so it looks very modern and classy. The mood was much more lively. They removed a lot of tables and seating, but replaced them with beautiful furniture that is constantly being used by guests.

The guest room was great as well, especially the bedroom. New bedding and a flat screen TV makes the room very comfortable. Wi-Fi is available in-room for a charge. Business center in lobby was used a lot.

Only drawback is that I'm sure prices will go up for guests and groups, but I think it is really worth it. My parents couldn't believe how nice it was and were sad to leave.

• Stayed August 2008
Barbados, West Indies
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Attached is a copy of an E-mail to the hotel's manager detailing our problems. On the upside she did refund our money for nights that were not satisfactory which but it did not seem to be conveyed to the front desk and it took 1 hour to sort it out there. On the downside after our final room change we awoke on our last morning to find the room COMPLETELY flooded from overflowing plumbing. This was almost one year ago and I still feel strongly enough to write a review. I am returning to the area again this year and this hotel is not even on the radar!!!

+++++++++++
COPY OF E-MAIL SENT AUG 30, 2007 TO HOTEL'S MANAGER.

Dear Ms. Ryle:

I feel compelled to bring to light my experiences at the Crowne Plaza, which unfortunately have not been favorable overall.

From check-in (Saturday night) it was a fiasco. I had reserved a room on the executive floor and was told upon check in that I had not done so fortunately I had the proof of reservation on my computer and was able to show the representative (who was the manager on duty) that I had done so. In the interim her offer was to discount the rate by $10 as was charged for the standard rooms. I may be wrong but does this not mean then that our rate proved we were booked on the executive floor hence negating the accusatory stance taken at the front desk?

We switched rooms on the following day (Sunday) and promptly had to go back to the front desk (after having moved all our luggage to the hallway of the new room because the keys did not work. In the new room there was a message on the telephone stating that there was a problem with my credit card. on reporting to the front desk I was told there was no problem.

On Monday after being out all day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys did not work yet again!

After a very long day on Tuesday starting at 3am and travelling to Los Angeles and returning to the hotel about 11pm at night we were woken up by a heinous and incessant noise early the following morning while trying to sleep in after a very trying day yesterday. I personally called the front desk to register my dissatisfaction and was not offered a change or room despite my call.

This morning we are trying to sleep in again only to have the same incessant banging and drilling and construction going on overhead. I've called the front desk and was again not offered any resolution.

This morning I've opened your Guest Services Directory and found your name and tried to call your extention and then asked for your E-mail so I could reach you directly. I see that you have in print ... "If any part of your stay fails to meet your expectations, we promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay. That's our commitment to you"

Well I'm sure you will realize by now that neither Saturday, Wednesday or Thursday have met my expectations for even the most basic of hotels farless the Crowne Plaza. I expect you will meet your commitment.

On the positive side:

E. Ladouceur is outstanding and a true credit to the hotel she preforms creditably and is an asset to the hotel.
The staff, food and service in Benton's are GREAT!

I wish I had more positive to say but given my experience, I sure you will understand why I am unable to do so.

Regards