“Adequate for My Purposes, BUT...”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Point Richmond, California
“Adequate for My Purposes, BUT...”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The owners are doing a good job with what they have - a 1950's era motel. The outside is well kept, the swimming pool a plus. My kitchenette suite was adequate for my needs, which were a place to eat, sleep, and chill leading up to and through the July, 2011 Bar Exam administered at the Alameda County fairgrounds. The location was convenient to the fairgrounds - about 3 miles. The room carpet was very worn and stained. but otherwise the room was reasonably clean. The bathroom was small. My big complaint is that when I was leaving I became distracted when I dropped something on my foot and cut it. As a result, I left several items in my room, including a Cross pen, an i-pod, the i-pod charger, my cell phone charger, and a couple of items of clothing. When I called the next day to ask about these items the clerk on duty, Sanjay, showed little concern. When I called back several hours later, he said that housekeeping had not noticed any items left in my room and nothing had been turned in to "lost and found" (though I am sure they noticed the tip I left on the nightstand). Upshot: be very careful and don't get distracted when checking out. You will get little to no help retrieving any forgotten items.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I booked Tri Valley Inn & Suite on Southwest airline website. The location is very convenient. It's walking distance to SAFEWAY, Noah's Bagel (my favor!!), Walgreens, restaurant, KFC etc. The room is very clean and comfortable. Nice queen bed, TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, closet, air conditioner, alarm clock, bathroom. I like keep window opened so I don't need to turn on the air conditioner. It's quiet even I let the window opened at night. The front desk staff is very friendly and nice. Free wifi is very helpful for me! Breakfast is good~ coffee, milk, juice, muffin, bread, cereal. They all taste good and fresh. Highly recommend!! The room is not so big but it makes me feel like home! cozy, clean and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have lived in Pleasanton for 15 years and have watched this hotel go through various incarnations and never even thought to investigate it. When my parents wanted to visit us for a week and stay in a hotel with their dog, though, I took notice of the the renovations done to this hotel. From the moment I walked in the front office, the manager made it easy: offered me a senior discount and week-long discount. Held the room for me, even though I wasn't sure what exact day my parents (who were driving) would arrive. Checked my parents into their room quickly when they arrived late at night. My parents stayed in a suite and every day they got together with us, they told us how nice the hotel was, how quiet it was, how helpful the management was (offering to help them get connected to the internet, for example). They said that the room was spotless and when I helped them pack up today, I opened every cabinet and looked under and behind all furniture: I would agree that all parts of the suite were completely clean. The decor in the rooms is modern and pleasant; the grounds are spotless. Given an "excellent" rating for cleanliness, decor, amenities, hotel staff, given the low price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Murphy, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Love their suite with kitchen cooking range/oven/microwave/everything. Very friendly, trustworthy, family place to stay.

Best of all near downtown Pleasanton and very secured and safe neighbourhood. In budget a great value!

Nice deals on longer stays as well.

Room Tip: Ask for weekly rate.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Monterey, California
Reviewed 30 April 2011

#103 was so perfect for us that my wife is still talking about it to everyone. She also loved to sit next to the swimming pool and read the book all day. It was so perfect vacation for us that we decided to come back to pleasanton again for 4th july long weekend.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shobhavin129
Danville, California
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I have to say that the location is excellent and it is a great value. I would suggest this hotel to any of my family members and friends. Very, Very, clean!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Stockton, California
Reviewed 5 November 2010

clean rooms, great service. they didn't blink an eye at my 125lb golden retriever! my husband was getting back surgery at the nearby hospital and tri valley hotel was nice enough to let me check in 5 hours early! that was very helpful. my only complaint was the jerk in the deisel truck that parked right outside my room and then left at 4:30 in the morning. resturant and groceries very close.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business