Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn(Pleasanton)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$142
Hyatt House Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
US$217
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton(Pleasanton)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$172
Residence Inn Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
US$206
Residence Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I found this hotel on an on line search and booked primarily because of the price. We were taking our son back to school and just needed a place to spend the night. The reviews I read said it was an older moter inn, but very clean and quite. Well it was quiet, and the outside looked wonderful. The grounds were very well kept and down right charming. It was located near a very nice little part of the town. We really didn't mind that the room was a bit shabby. We just wanted clean.

The problem was that our "non smoking" room smelled heavily of smoke and fabreez and had what looked to be cigarette burns in the carpet. Okay...what ever..it is just one night. But when we pulled back the bedding it was clear the sheets had not been changed since the last guest had been there. There were crumbs on the sheets. (big ones!!!) By the time we found this it was late in the evening and we were tired. We (foolishly) opted to just sleep in the other bed, and hope for the best.

The next morning we spoke to the management of the problem and were told that the maid had quit after her shift that day. But now I come hear and read that this is an on going problem with this place. I honestly wonder if my next e-mail aught to be to the health department.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kfhill
sampatelca, Guest Relations Manager at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you feel that your room was not upto par during your stay. As for the sheets in your room, our sheets are all outsourced to a company that launders them for us and brings them back pressed. We do not wash sheets in house. I am very surprised that your room has non pressed sheets. Nevertheless we have brought this to the attention of our sheet vendor to see what their response is. I hope you make us a part of your future travel plans to show you we really do care.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stumbled, literally, into the Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, in Pleasanton, CA. I can’t say enough good things about the facility, staff, grounds and amenities! The centralized location of the Tri-Valley Inn is ideal for those who desire to be close to all the Bay Area sights and sounds. It is within walking distance to the old-time charm of Downtown Pleasanton and within minutes, whether driving, taking public transportation or BART to the “Heart of the Bay” – San Francisco, the Winchester House and Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose, Silicon Valley and the famous Livermore Valley Wineries (e.g. Wente, Concannon Retzlaff, Stoney Ride etc.). The accommodations at the Inn, whether you rent a room or a suite, are recently renovated and updated, large, spacious and filled with so many amenities that it makes you feel at home - or as at home as if you really were - not to mention clean…as cleanliness is their #1 priority. All rooms and suites are on the ground level and there are no steps or curbs, which makes the Inn extremely accessible to those who are disabled or elderly and accessibility is an issue. The grounds are not only beautiful and well maintained, but as my nephew who recently visited from England informed me, newly landscaped. The pool, which is also easily accessible to those with disabilities, is always sparkling clean and just the right refreshing temperature after a great day of sightseeing to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy. The staff is professional, friendly, efficient, helpful, informative and discreet. All employees go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. Like I said, I literally stumbled into the Inn after spraining my ankle and they were jonny-on-the-spot with bags of ice and extra pillows to speed my recovery and get me back on my feet, so to enjoy my travels. Price – well let’s just say you will be pleasantly surprised at the cost. The Tri-Valley Inn is hidden jewel! Enjoy your stay and the complimentary continental breakfast – I know I did!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The owners are doing a good job with what they have - a 1950's era motel. The outside is well kept, the swimming pool a plus. My kitchenette suite was adequate for my needs, which were a place to eat, sleep, and chill leading up to and through the July, 2011 Bar Exam administered at the Alameda County fairgrounds. The location was convenient to the fairgrounds - about 3 miles. The room carpet was very worn and stained. but otherwise the room was reasonably clean. The bathroom was small. My big complaint is that when I was leaving I became distracted when I dropped something on my foot and cut it. As a result, I left several items in my room, including a Cross pen, an i-pod, the i-pod charger, my cell phone charger, and a couple of items of clothing. When I called the next day to ask about these items the clerk on duty, Sanjay, showed little concern. When I called back several hours later, he said that housekeeping had not noticed any items left in my room and nothing had been turned in to "lost and found" (though I am sure they noticed the tip I left on the nightstand). Upshot: be very careful and don't get distracted when checking out. You will get little to no help retrieving any forgotten items.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I booked Tri Valley Inn & Suite on Southwest airline website. The location is very convenient. It's walking distance to SAFEWAY, Noah's Bagel (my favor!!), Walgreens, restaurant, KFC etc. The room is very clean and comfortable. Nice queen bed, TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, closet, air conditioner, alarm clock, bathroom. I like keep window opened so I don't need to turn on the air conditioner. It's quiet even I let the window opened at night. The front desk staff is very friendly and nice. Free wifi is very helpful for me! Breakfast is good~ coffee, milk, juice, muffin, bread, cereal. They all taste good and fresh. Highly recommend!! The room is not so big but it makes me feel like home! cozy, clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have lived in Pleasanton for 15 years and have watched this hotel go through various incarnations and never even thought to investigate it. When my parents wanted to visit us for a week and stay in a hotel with their dog, though, I took notice of the the renovations done to this hotel. From the moment I walked in the front office, the manager made it easy: offered me a senior discount and week-long discount. Held the room for me, even though I wasn't sure what exact day my parents (who were driving) would arrive. Checked my parents into their room quickly when they arrived late at night. My parents stayed in a suite and every day they got together with us, they told us how nice the hotel was, how quiet it was, how helpful the management was (offering to help them get connected to the internet, for example). They said that the room was spotless and when I helped them pack up today, I opened every cabinet and looked under and behind all furniture: I would agree that all parts of the suite were completely clean. The decor in the rooms is modern and pleasant; the grounds are spotless. Given an "excellent" rating for cleanliness, decor, amenities, hotel staff, given the low price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple