Not really knowing the area, I booked this stay through one of the sites on the web. I don't travel outside of my area too much but was shocked at the prices! The rate was within my budget constraints (but I could have stayed for two nights compared to the cost for one night in CA - guess that is why CA economy is struggling so much). The room showed its' age but were clean and presentable. The bed was sagging in the middle; the pillows were different from any that I have slept on... when you laid your head on it - it went completely flat... almost like nothing in the pillow case. I will say that all the amenities were nice - fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV, iron; a/c was noisy - I had to turn the TV volume up to hear over it. I am not sure about the water. When I filled the pot to make some coffee - the water looked like skim milk (very mercky). When I made the reservation, it showed there were smoking rooms available (I booked the stay two weeks ahead). The receptionist was very polite and no problems checking in. I went to the room and discovered there was error. The room was a non-smoking room, she checked and all the smoking rooms were taken. I asked her if there was any compensation because I booked it as a smoking room... she said that she couldn't do anything because I didn't book my stay with them and I should check w/ the online provider. She stated the she would talk w/ the manager but she didn't follow up. When I checked the next morning (at check out), I inquired if there was any message but the clerk just said 'nope, all good'; I was on my way to a conference and when I got on the raod, I realized that the clerk didn't even give me a receipt. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being excellent) - I would rate it about 3 1/2 to 4... if I was staying longer, I might not be as passive... hotels/motels in my area really care about customer satisfaction. I know that there is another conference next year and if I am selected to go - I will shop around to see what is really available in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Northern California’s charming Tri Valley region and a short drive from San Francisco, Tri Valley Inn and Suites hotel in Pleasanton welcomes a variety of budget-conscious travelers. Enjoy nearby activities such as the county fair, art and wine festivals, dog shows, hot rod shows and much more. Whether you’re in the Bay area for a short trip or an extended stay, you’ll find that our accommodations is a pleasant refuge from the hustle and bustle. We offer a little slice of the old California, with small-town charm, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tri-Valley Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tri-Valley Hotel Pleasanton
- Tri-Valley Inn And Suites