“First Time Visit”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Not really knowing the area, I booked this stay through one of the sites on the web. I don't travel outside of my area too much but was shocked at the prices! The rate was within my budget constraints (but I could have stayed for two nights compared to the cost for one night in CA - guess that is why CA economy is struggling so much). The room showed its' age but were clean and presentable. The bed was sagging in the middle; the pillows were different from any that I have slept on... when you laid your head on it - it went completely flat... almost like nothing in the pillow case. I will say that all the amenities were nice - fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV, iron; a/c was noisy - I had to turn the TV volume up to hear over it. I am not sure about the water. When I filled the pot to make some coffee - the water looked like skim milk (very mercky). When I made the reservation, it showed there were smoking rooms available (I booked the stay two weeks ahead). The receptionist was very polite and no problems checking in. I went to the room and discovered there was error. The room was a non-smoking room, she checked and all the smoking rooms were taken. I asked her if there was any compensation because I booked it as a smoking room... she said that she couldn't do anything because I didn't book my stay with them and I should check w/ the online provider. She stated the she would talk w/ the manager but she didn't follow up. When I checked the next morning (at check out), I inquired if there was any message but the clerk just said 'nope, all good'; I was on my way to a conference and when I got on the raod, I realized that the clerk didn't even give me a receipt. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being excellent) - I would rate it about 3 1/2 to 4... if I was staying longer, I might not be as passive... hotels/motels in my area really care about customer satisfaction. I know that there is another conference next year and if I am selected to go - I will shop around to see what is really available in the area.

Room Tip: If you book online, call the hotel first and make sure that you get what you paid for!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Tri-Valley Inn & Suites

Reviewed 11 October 2011

A good business hotel room is in the range of $140 to $180 per night, depending on location. But if you need a simple, clean, comfortable room on non-business trips, this hotel is fine. I have had excellent, honest, available service from this hotel's manager and the price fits my budget at this time. The room was totally clean and everything worked fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I begin with saying our trip to California did not begin well. Our flight was delayed two hours, and what was to be a direct flight required a plane change in Chicago (more delay). Arriving at Dollar Rent A Car, they had given away our reserved car, and upgraded us to a huge boat (Mercury Grand Marquis).

We arrived at the Inn around 11:30 at night after traveling for 14 hours, checked in and went our room, which was hot, rather dingy, and not clean (see photos). We turned on the wall air conditioner, and 60 seconds later the power went out. I went back to the office to complain and found the manager outside watching fire shoot out of the ground from the PG&E transformer that had just blown up.

Needless to say, it was too late to find another hotel, so we just got undressed and fell into bed. The power was still out the next morning. No lights, no hot water, can't shower or shave, though I noticed that water damage from the shower had caused the tiles at the front to fall off (see photo). We dressed and left for breakfast.

Is this a fair review? Probably not, since it's hard to evaluate without electricity. At least it wasn't very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
sampatelca, Guest Relations Manager at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your review on your stay. I at the Tri Valley Inn & Suites am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. The PGE underground problem is one that we had no control over. We as a whole area were without power for many hours (11pm to 11am), to be exact. The problem occured very late outside the property and PGE crew worked tirelessly to get the problem resolved and the electricity back up. If you make us a part of your future travel plans we will show you that we really do care about all of our customers.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have stayed at the Tri-Valley Inn & Suites two years in a row now and will be staying there again in 2012. We travel to Pleasanton to attend the Goodguys West Coast Nationals car show in August at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. Though an older hotel, it has been and continues to be remodeled and up-dated. The staff is friendly, helpful and do their best to accommodate all requests. And the price is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Delux suites are larger and have a great kitchen/eating area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I found this hotel on an on line search and booked primarily because of the price. We were taking our son back to school and just needed a place to spend the night. The reviews I read said it was an older moter inn, but very clean and quite. Well it was quiet, and the outside looked wonderful. The grounds were very well kept and down right charming. It was located near a very nice little part of the town. We really didn't mind that the room was a bit shabby. We just wanted clean.

The problem was that our "non smoking" room smelled heavily of smoke and fabreez and had what looked to be cigarette burns in the carpet. Okay...what ever..it is just one night. But when we pulled back the bedding it was clear the sheets had not been changed since the last guest had been there. There were crumbs on the sheets. (big ones!!!) By the time we found this it was late in the evening and we were tired. We (foolishly) opted to just sleep in the other bed, and hope for the best.

The next morning we spoke to the management of the problem and were told that the maid had quit after her shift that day. But now I come hear and read that this is an on going problem with this place. I honestly wonder if my next e-mail aught to be to the health department.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kfhill

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you feel that your room was not upto par during your stay. As for the sheets in your room, our sheets are all outsourced to a company that launders them for us and brings them back pressed. We do not wash sheets in house. I am very surprised that your room has non pressed sheets. Nevertheless we have brought this to the attention of our sheet vendor to see what their response is. I hope you make us a part of your future travel plans to show you we really do care.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stumbled, literally, into the Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, in Pleasanton, CA. I can’t say enough good things about the facility, staff, grounds and amenities! The centralized location of the Tri-Valley Inn is ideal for those who desire to be close to all the Bay Area sights and sounds. It is within walking distance to the old-time charm of Downtown Pleasanton and within minutes, whether driving, taking public transportation or BART to the “Heart of the Bay” – San Francisco, the Winchester House and Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose, Silicon Valley and the famous Livermore Valley Wineries (e.g. Wente, Concannon Retzlaff, Stoney Ride etc.). The accommodations at the Inn, whether you rent a room or a suite, are recently renovated and updated, large, spacious and filled with so many amenities that it makes you feel at home - or as at home as if you really were - not to mention clean…as cleanliness is their #1 priority. All rooms and suites are on the ground level and there are no steps or curbs, which makes the Inn extremely accessible to those who are disabled or elderly and accessibility is an issue. The grounds are not only beautiful and well maintained, but as my nephew who recently visited from England informed me, newly landscaped. The pool, which is also easily accessible to those with disabilities, is always sparkling clean and just the right refreshing temperature after a great day of sightseeing to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy. The staff is professional, friendly, efficient, helpful, informative and discreet. All employees go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. Like I said, I literally stumbled into the Inn after spraining my ankle and they were jonny-on-the-spot with bags of ice and extra pillows to speed my recovery and get me back on my feet, so to enjoy my travels. Price – well let’s just say you will be pleasantly surprised at the cost. The Tri-Valley Inn is hidden jewel! Enjoy your stay and the complimentary continental breakfast – I know I did!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The owners are doing a good job with what they have - a 1950's era motel. The outside is well kept, the swimming pool a plus. My kitchenette suite was adequate for my needs, which were a place to eat, sleep, and chill leading up to and through the July, 2011 Bar Exam administered at the Alameda County fairgrounds. The location was convenient to the fairgrounds - about 3 miles. The room carpet was very worn and stained. but otherwise the room was reasonably clean. The bathroom was small. My big complaint is that when I was leaving I became distracted when I dropped something on my foot and cut it. As a result, I left several items in my room, including a Cross pen, an i-pod, the i-pod charger, my cell phone charger, and a couple of items of clothing. When I called the next day to ask about these items the clerk on duty, Sanjay, showed little concern. When I called back several hours later, he said that housekeeping had not noticed any items left in my room and nothing had been turned in to "lost and found" (though I am sure they noticed the tip I left on the nightstand). Upshot: be very careful and don't get distracted when checking out. You will get little to no help retrieving any forgotten items.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business