“The Worst of Everything! :(”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Crappy seedy and dirty are the best words I can use to describe this dump. From the questionably biological looking stains on the carpet, to the slingshot mattress, to the exposed wiring IN THE SHOWER!! Who could ask for anything more. $177 for a 3 day stay - I could have slept in a ditch and saved the money and bathed in a gas station bathroom sink instead of risking electrocution in the shower stall. The rooms look like they were last updated circa 1985.

My stay was miserable and I have felt safer standing in line for beer at an Oakland Raiders game wearing a 49er's jersey. Save your money, keep looking for a decent hotel - trust me, this aint it.

2  Thank dutch34
There are newer reviews for Tri-Valley Inn & Suites

Reviewed 18 September 2012

A classic one-story motor court, recently renovated, and without doubt the best value in a very high-priced area. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the air conditioning works great, and you can park right at your door. The pool looks sparkling and bright. The free breakfast is basic, but it is good - the OJ is cold and the coffee is hot, and it gets you going in the morning - and you will look long and hard for a free breakfast at any other reasonably-priced motel in the Tri-Valley. Walking distance from a good 24-hour grocery store, Starbuck's, 7-11, excellent hardware store and auto parts store, two gas stations, and several restaurants and fast food places. Laundromat is a few minutes away in town. I'm on the road constantly, and I've stayed at a lot of similar motels - this is one of the best I've found. You can get all the bells and whistles and three kinds of flavored coffee at the big upmarket chain hotels. It is a lot harder to find decent locally-owned places like this that won't empty your wallet, and that offer what you need for a relaxed break from the road. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank theroadbackhome
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I booked this hotel because it was the closed place to my destination work location.
Looking at the prices, I wasn't expecting the best thing in town.
At the reception, I just got my room card, and no explanation at all.

When entering the room, It looked old, but OK and clean at first sight.
After the second night, I had itches all over my body when I woke up, so it was not that clean.
Apart from that, my night sleep was not that bad.
It was very hot, but there was airco (although very loud), so I could cool down the room.
The breakfast was really not good. The booking website states there was a continental breakfast, but the only thing I could choose to eat were 2 types of cerials and danish.

And last but not least: the pool. It was a large pool, with a lot of room and chairs next to it, so that was very nice.

Room Tip: If you have a low budget and do not care about a poor breakfast, this might be OK for you. Otherwise...
Reviewed 6 September 2012

It's just as well Pleasanton was such a pretty place to visit or we would have been very disappointed. The people manning the front desk weren't very helpful and even a bit rude. Getting connected and staying connect to WiFi was a challenge. Breakfast was a stand up affair in the tiny front lobby with hardly any food provided. There was a toaster but nothing to toast, even when we asked for something. The 2nd morning there was no cereal and when asked they said they'd run out and didn't have anymore! That's on a weekend when the hotel was full for the Annual Hot Rod Show! The room was reasonably clean, smelling strongly of disinfectant. Best thing was the pool and meeting other people staying there (who were equally unimpressed).

Room Tip: Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

where to begin, the only good thing about this hotel was the coolness of the room, the "continental" breakfast wasn't impressive, the danishes seemed a day or 2 old, they only offered that and 2 kinds of cereal, the couple time i went to the office nobody was there to help, when i did talk with someone the gentleman was very rude, I would NOT stay here again and I most certainly wouldn't suggest anyone else to stay here.

only having 4 towels for 4 people and a swimming pool isn't nearly enough and trying to get more was difficult, bathroom way to small

the outside light was shining right in our window through the curtains, noway of turning it off!

ran out of toilet paper

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The best thing I can say about this place is that it was nice to have the car right next to the room door for easy loading and unloading. The carpets are so dirty that your feet are blackened when walking barefoot! However, my bed was comfortable and the linens were ok, pillows were mostly old and flat. The bathroom is tiny and only has a small shower stall, no tub in any room which makes it difficult to bathe small children. Continental breakfast is dry cereal, milk, coffee and danish. The price, for the area, is what keeps it in business $80 vs $200 and up for a nicer place. Also, even though arriving at 7:30 PM two of our rooms were not clean and we had to change.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nancyinfl
Reviewed 27 July 2012

So I reserved online and thought they would be competent enough to deal. Arrived and the office clerk had me pay in advance for our reservation - which I was fine with. Apparently she only charged us for three instead of four nights. On the fourth night I get a call at 1030 pm after i was fast asleep from the office clerk. He is ranting about how I hadnt paid for the room. I was so bewildered at the time, I told him I had paid and would be leaving in the morning when we could discuss further. He kept ranting so I hung up. 1 min later he is banging on the door demanding I come, in my pjs, to the office and pay for the room. Ridiculous. He had my credit card what was the problem! He also said he had tried to get in touch with me all day yet never left a note in the room, shut off the door lock or came by, I had been there for three hours. This guy was obnoxious and rude. You don't treat your customers like this. Best part - when I went to check out at 6:30am I woke him up. Karma.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business