“AWFUL, Card info stolen from booking on home website”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
“AWFUL, Card info stolen from booking on home website”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

BE WARNED!!!! THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO THE MOTEL MANAGER VIA E-MAIL!!!
I reserved a room on your website with my Visa BANK card. Just after doing so, someone went on a $504.49 shopping spree in Milpitas & Santa Clara beginning the either the 14th or 15th of February. I didn't even leave my home of South Lake Tahoe until the 16th and upon check-in at your hotel, used a different, actual CREDIT card to pay in full ($196.20). Either you have a thief working there or your website has been compromised by a thief. Due to the Holiday weekend, none of these charges showed on my account until today and I had to spend almost the entire day calling back and forth between my bank and then physically going to my bank to do paperwork to dispute the 5 charges totaling $504.49, stemming from entering my information on YOU INSECURE WEBSITE. If there is ANY other charge to my actual credit card that was used ONLY to pay for your motel, I will be contacting an attorney to find out what my options to sue will be. I keep track of every dollar I make and every cent I spend. I am a widowed single mother and do not have money for anyone to steal from me. I will also be posting a horrible review of your website's security warning people of what has happened to me and will re-post the warning on any travel site I possible can. I am horrified by what's happened and your motel was not worth the money i paid to stay there. It smelled so strong of chemicals that we had to leave the windows open and leave to air it out, but then there was still mold in the shower area and the toilet is so close to the wall you hit it and your face is basically in the shower. The TV wouldn't work until someone came to "re-program" it and we were told to not touch any buttons except channel up and down and the guy wouldn't tell us what to do if the TV stopped working again because it was too "complicated". Really? My intelligence was insulted from that point forward. I guess if your staying at this motel, you must be stupid! Well, I stayed there because our friends live right down the street, but next time be sure that I won't play dumb again and will pay the same amount to stay at the Marriott, with way better rooms, cleanliness and SECURITY.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Marriott is about the same rate on the weekend and not too far from this horri...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sierra S
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
I know that we've dealt with this offline, but I wanted to make sure that others know that we've taken every precaution to ensure the security of our website and all sensitive credit card information. Not only was your experience extremely unusual, it's also completely unacceptable. I feel confident saying that there's no way this sort of thing can happen in the future.

I'd also love to let you know that we're in the midst of renovating the hotel. We've worked hard to update our rooms since your last visit, and I know that you'd be pleased with our accommodations now.

I hope you can come back and give us another chance, Sierra.

Kumar, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 28 January 2013

After reading other reviews, I had high hopes for this place. However, from the moment we pulled in, I was disappointed. The lobby is very small--more than 2 people would be a crowd. Upon entering our room, the disappointment grew. It was extremely small (should have known from the lobby) Two double beds were each placed right up against opposite walls and only had about 2.5 feet between them. The walls themselves were streaked with dirt and who knows what else. The entire room smelled kind of funky (damp smelling covered with some kind of fruity smell) The carpets were stained and disgusting. My son took off his shoes and his white socks quickly became very filthy--we then laid the comforter on the floor and would only step on that. Wifi did not work at all even after repeated calls to the front desk and them resetting the modem. The bathroom was super small but was clean enough. Not a place we will ever return to.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
We're so disappointed to hear this, Jen. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance around here and I'm surprised to get word that you felt that our rooms did not meet your standards. I can assure you that we thoroughly clean each and every room and that dirt on the walls is completely unacceptable.

As far as the floors go, we've actually started to put hardwood in many of the rooms. But the changes don't stop with the floors -- we've made several modifications throughout the hotel that I think you'll like. I hope that you come back and check them out soon! We'd love to see you and your son back here.

Kumar, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 26 November 2012

we like this hotle---frivalley inn and suites pleasanton.nearby is safeway shop market.there are more and more foods.the room of hotle is very nice.sunny is very good.we like it.the pleasanton town is very beautiful in Nov.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We're delighted that you had a great time in Pleasanton when you came to stay with us in November. It's safe to say that we'd be thrilled to see you back here for another stay sometime soon. Hurry back!

Best,
Simi Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is an older one story motel in a nice neighborhood. The accomodations are not luxurious but it is nicer than some of economy hotels we have stayed at. The pet fee is very reasonable, and there is a center grass area which is excellent for us because we travel with our dog. The manager, Kumar, and his staff were very nice. They made sure we were comfortable. Although the rooms are small they are nicely furnished and very clean. We didn't notice any offensive odors or stains which can sometimes be a problem in hotels that allow smoking and/or pets. We had plenty of pillows and towels. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the area is quiet at night. Everything worked: T.V. WiFi, microwave, fridge, and the shower was good. We travel to this area several times a year, and we will be staying here in the future.

For people traveling with a pet - the room works and the price is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks for writing this review back in November, Michele! We're so happy that you and your little four-legged travel companion both had a great time on your stay in Pleasanton!

It's great to know that you were comfortable in your room and that you found the beds to be a dream to sleep on. If there's anything else that we can do to improve our place for your next stay, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Milpitas
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Everything worked. WiFi was not bad. The TV was funky (dish network?) but I didn't watch much TV. Bathroom only had a shower - no bathtub. It wasn't an issue for me, but be aware of that in case you want a bath.

Neighborhood seemed nice. I would stay there again so long as the price is right.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Castro Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I read about the renovation and even was told when I checked in that this room had just been completed. The room was small but fit our needs for one night. Generally it was OK and for the price it was fine but: The alarm clock did not work and I found that it was not even plugged in - one of the nightstand drawers could not be opened - the remote control for the TV did not work and there were no instructions to be found - there were dents inside the room metal door - the paint trim in the outside of the room was poorly done or not at all. I guess what I found most striking was the Suburban parked outside the end room full of belongings to the point that the driver's and passenger seats were full. It was not likely from an overnight guest in the motel. The car just outside our room had plastic over the windows that apparently were broken out. Marginal at best but again it was not very expensive. We have stayed at the Castro Valley Inn several times and for the same price is far superior.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
san diego area
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is an older small motel right off Santa Rita Road in Pleasanton; just a few miles south of I-580. The rooms I have stayed in are good size; the bathrooms very small but everything has been clean. I am generally in 104 or 106 or 107 which are close to the manager's office which I appreciate as a single female traveler. I also park my car right in front of the door to my room. This hotel allows pets for a very reasonable pet fee. I stayed one night just this week and the carpets had just been cleaned. Dirty carpet is generally a problem in small hotels even those that do not allow pets. The carpet is not new, some rooms do have repair patches and iron melt prints which I can live with as long as the room and carpet is clean and does not smell. The bathroom shower is quite small; but I certainly can't fall in the shower! Everything in the bathroom is clean. Nominal bathroom products; but I bring my own so that is not an issue. There is Direct TV, small fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. They have a nice pool on the property but I have not used it. A small continental breakfast is available in the office--I have taken mini muffins which were very fresh. I always ask for and politely receive an additional blanket since I keep the fan or /ac on low all night to mitigate street noise. I believe the motel is being renovated slowely on a room by room basis so make sure you ask for a room that was recently renovated, rather than one that may have had long term tenants living there. I was once put in a single room apartment type room with a separate kitchen. It was clean but I could smell leftover spicy food preparation from previous tenants which I prefer not to deal with on an overnight stay. The front desk service is always nice and helpful. If you require an upscale place with lots of amenities this is not the place for you. This is a great inexpensive place to stay overnight as I travel between Southern CA and Southern OR with my dogs.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room or one by the office. Turn your a/c unit or fan on low if you are sen...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo