“Could be so good”

Eddie Papa's American Hangout
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Papa's American Hangout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 269 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stoneridge
Description: Regional American Cuisine. Hand-Crafted Artisan Cocktails. Old World Hospitality
Peoria, Arizona
“Could be so good”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Close to hotel and figured it couldn't hurt to try. Ordered some loaded steak fries. Was going to come with a little garlic. It was coated with it instead. Way too much garlic to ever thing of eating. Scraped off what I could. Was a good size order of fries. Only down side, no chicken wings! Just need to tame a few things down with the garlic and it could be very good. Free WIFI.

• Visited August 2013

Kapaa, Hawaii
“Good service, above average food and clean............”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We like trying new places when we travel. We where in Pleasanton at the Goodguys hot rod event and we normally eat Chilis and decided we try another place since the last time there is below par. We drove by and saw this place and decided to give it try. Of course we looked here to see what it was like and it seemed to have better than average rating.

We tried the Santa Maria Tri tip with vegetables. We normally split, on program, to reduce intake. The portions when spit was enough food for us both. The meat was ok, it read that was rubbed and prepared, I tasted little flavor beyond tri tip beef. The vegetables where good, a bit spicy with cajun accent. I did not mind that, my wife thought was a little hot for her taste. Overall it above average and next time I come I will order something else. I always assume when they have a signature dish it should be exceptional and this again was just above average. The presentation of the food was well above average and it why I rated the restaurant above average. Again I will go again.

My wife had the clam chowder, a little paste like but good flavor. I had a side salad with house thousand dressing. Well presented and well above average taste to salad. Reccommend it highly.

The service was great, of course we got there before 6 pm on a weeknight and patrons where coming in as we left. The look was casual with clean facilities. It was a bit noisy but this is what they designed for, not a formal restaurant, but comforable casual dining.

The bonus was cotton candy as a comp desert. We took it to go since it was not on program. I suggest you give this place a try and order what they do best, I often ask the server what they are know for. I will go again.

• Visited August 2013
Pismo Beach, California
“We ate here both nights--really good”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Really had great meals here, the whole family. Love that they have sandwiches from all over the country. Ate here both nights of our trip to Pleasanton since we couldn't decide on the menu the first night. Reubens, French Dip, burgers, Tex-Mex, pulled pork, you name it for the most part--if it's Americana they have it.
Also recommend the sweet potato fries over the garlic fries which were plenty garlicky but a tad too greasy.
Excellent milkshakes (although the thickness consistency differed quite a bit from one night to the next) and affordable wine by the glass plus good selection of beers.
Friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, drinks, and service!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Seven of us had lunch here after four of us had completed a triathlon! The service was quick and very friendly. The cocktails were delicious, and hard to choose from because so many sounded good. Everyone really enjoyed their lunch. I had the kobe beef hot dog and garlic french fries; both were wonderful. The free cotton candy at the end was a nice treat! I highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Hayward, California, Usa
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I were the advance scouts for a future family birthday outing. Wanting to have brunch instead of the usual dinner we selected Eddie Papas as one of two restaurants to check out. The full menu is tempting but the "Brunch" menu is limited. However we had no trouble finding two items to enjoy. The corned beef was real. The cajun omelet was all I wanted. No toast though with the egg dish but we had beignets to start with and we did not miss having toast. For those who are good there is a surprise served with the check.

• Visited July 2013