“Great tasting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonni's

Nonni's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nonni's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 268 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Angela Street
Bearsted, United Kingdom
“Great tasting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Authentic tasting European food with a twist. In a street full of restaurants how do you pick one, when you are just passing through? The answer is Tripadvisor. My wife and I had a great meal here, do try the Beef Bourguignon it's superb. My wife's risotto was equally good. Service was prompt and friendly, we don't think you will be disappointed if you select Nonni's.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank AndyReflect

• Korean first
Walnut Creek, California
“A pleasant surprise in Pleasanton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This little restaurant in the heart of downtown was quite a pleasant surprise. We started with French onion soup and a goat cheese crepe, both very nice. For the main courses we had the duck and salmon, again both nicely done. The location doesn't allow for much pizzazz but there is a comfortable feel to the place. The owner/chef makes a point of socializing with the clientele which adds extra charm to the experience.

Service was laid back but attentive.

1 Thank Shane D
“Dinner for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

After reading reviews I decided I had to try this place and wasn't dissappointed! The service was excellent and not rushed. The place is quaint and all tabels have a view of the open windows at the front which look out onto Main St. For an appetizer I ordered the soup of the day (butternut squash) and thought it was excellent, for the main course I ordered the duck and barely - it was very good and hearty - almost too heavy for a summer evening - would reccommened ordering it during the winter - but yummy regardless. For dessert I had the creme brulee, which is always a favorite of mine, but I have to say it was mediocore. My boyfriend ordered the goat cheese crepe and the special of the day - a skirt steak with blue cheese mashed potatoes - both were amazing! He had the bread pudding for dessert and enjoyed it very much. They do not have a full bar but they do have a reasonable wine list. I highly recommend them for dinner and can't wait to come back to try their brunch.

Sonoma, California
“Attentitve service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had Sunday brunch, romantic little table outside, welcomed by the owner who was very charming and engaging. Wonderful salmon sandwich with bacon & cheese! Partner had the special which was wonderful. Bottomless mimosas topped with raspberry - would definitely go again - well done Nonni!

Brisbane, Australia
“A bit of a disappointment for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was very much looking forward to eating at Nonni's. I was a little disappointed overall. The restaurant is very nice and tables closer to the front have a view out of big picture windows to the pretty street. I saw that the Chef spends the time greeting customers personally, which is always a nice experience for diners. My starter of flat bread with smoked salmon was ok. The salmon was very good but the end result was a little bland. My husband had a beet soup which he said was tasty. For second course my husband was pleased with his Duck Barlotto. – Grilled maple leaf breast served over barley risotto with fresh vegetables, bacon & Parmesan cheese. I had the Wild Mushroom Ravioli - with sherry cream, topped with parmesan cheese. The ravioli was lovely but the sauce was so oily I had to push all the sauce to one side and just eat the filled pasta. I expected it to be a little rich with the cream sauce but there was just too much oil. For dessert we shared a creme brulee which is usually a favourite but this one was overcooked.

• Visited August 2013