“Good choice for lunch or brunch”
Review of Nonni's

Nonni's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nonni's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 277 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Angela Street
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We went there for lunch based on the reviews from several sites and we were not disappointed. Lunch and brunch choices were plentiful and varied, ranging from a variety of egg preparations, sandwiches, a few entrees, and options for vegetarians. Our server provided prompt and friendly service, and the food was well-prepared and tasty. A few items were missing from our orders but they were promptly provided. Our visit was on a Saturday and they were very busy as the dining room is relatively small - we had made reservations which helped as we were promptly seated upon arrival. It was a good choice for lunch, might be a bit hectic at dinner but I'd give either lunch or dinner a try.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Thursday night, picked it based on the great reviews. I should mention I travel for a living, eat maybe 200-250 days a year in restaurants, and when I go to a #1 rated restaurant my expectations are high. Great location, very cool area! We showed up at 9.05 pm and were told the kitchen was closed. I pointed out their web site says last seating is at 9:30, and miraculously we were seated.... "The Thor" is a Scandinavian appetizer, and both of us are Swedish so we ordered it: Fantastic! Different kinds of marinated herring, liver pâté etc., couldn't be better! Had the Beef Bourgignon for entree, and it was bland to say the least.... Service was mediocre, price was OK. Overall I guess it was OK, but next time I'll try some other restaurant.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Authentic tasting European food with a twist. In a street full of restaurants how do you pick one, when you are just passing through? The answer is Tripadvisor. My wife and I had a great meal here, do try the Beef Bourguignon it's superb. My wife's risotto was equally good. Service was prompt and friendly, we don't think you will be disappointed if you select Nonni's.

1  Thank AndyReflect
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This little restaurant in the heart of downtown was quite a pleasant surprise. We started with French onion soup and a goat cheese crepe, both very nice. For the main courses we had the duck and salmon, again both nicely done. The location doesn't allow for much pizzazz but there is a comfortable feel to the place. The owner/chef makes a point of socializing with the clientele which adds extra charm to the experience.

Service was laid back but attentive.

1  Thank Shane D
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After reading reviews I decided I had to try this place and wasn't dissappointed! The service was excellent and not rushed. The place is quaint and all tabels have a view of the open windows at the front which look out onto Main St. For an appetizer I ordered the soup of the day (butternut squash) and thought it was excellent, for the main course I ordered the duck and barely - it was very good and hearty - almost too heavy for a summer evening - would reccommened ordering it during the winter - but yummy regardless. For dessert I had the creme brulee, which is always a favorite of mine, but I have to say it was mediocore. My boyfriend ordered the goat cheese crepe and the special of the day - a skirt steak with blue cheese mashed potatoes - both were amazing! He had the bread pudding for dessert and enjoyed it very much. They do not have a full bar but they do have a reasonable wine list. I highly recommend them for dinner and can't wait to come back to try their brunch.