“Perfectly Adequate”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Was very reasonable at $130/night and convenient to San Ramon where I was working. Rooms are newer with comforatble beds and flat screen TVs. Only downside was the buffet breakfast which was kind of sad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for one night on a "mattress run" and was pleasantly surprised. It's walkable to the West Pleasanton BART station (although the ride into the city is very long). The hotel was quite upscale. The room was clean and remarkably nice given the weekend price of $99/night. I would definitely consider staying here again, although Pleasanton itself is pretty boring and not particularly pretty. The bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

I appreciate your positive review of our hotel and am very happy to hear that you will likely return in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your experience was pleasant, and I agree, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are extremely comfy!

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The Sheraton in Pleasanton has a modern, bright lobby and the staff was very friendly at check-in. The elevators are definitely original equipment and SLOW, but there are worse things. My room was on the second floor and was clean and comfortable. Road noise from the highway was fairly loud, but nature of the beast with the location of the hotel. My biggest complaint is that the power outlets didn't all work and I didn't realize this until I picked up my phone and it wasn't charged in the morning. If you're gonna have outlets in the desk, make sure they work. :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank danmiller3

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do have a very friendly staff and I am glad that they made you feel welcome. Your comments about the outlets is very enlightening and spurred my team to investigate further as it is indeed frustrating to have outlets that don't appear to work. We learned that in a lot of rooms these outlets get disconnected from the outlet in the wall behind the desk for a variety of reasons, often due to our own Room Attendants removing the fixture to plug in vacuum cleaners. We have developed training to ensure that these outlets are checked daily by the Room Attendant as part of the service to the guest room, and really appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

I hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting our property in the future should your business bring you back to Pleasanton. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

1) Room comfortable and linens clean.
2) No receptionist available and no signs to indicate where to check in. Making matters worse, the tiny check-in desk looks more like an information desk.
3) Hallways cluttered with dishes, pizza boxes, empty drinks. Even by the next morning, none of the garbage was cleared.
4) Continental breakfast is not free. $14 for buffet (precooked eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit) is overpriced with no signage indicating price. You can get full service cooked to order breakfast down the street for $7.

Overall, decent room but service and user friendliness/customer serivce need lots of improvement.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about our guest rooms, and am surprised by your remarks about our service. I can only offer my apologies for this aberration to our normally attentive and friendly service.

The two registration desks in the lobby adjacent to the front entrance of the hotel are new additions to our lobby following our recent, extensive renovations of our public areas. These modular desks are designed to offer a more personal check in experience for our guests and are quite a departure from the normal, oversized front desk found in most hotels. They are unique and certainly do invoke a variety of comments from our guests.

From your comments concerning Room Service trays in the hallways, it is clear that we need to be extra diligent in the collection of these service trays. My team will certainly focus on this shortcoming in the future.

As a full service hotel with food and beverage outlets we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast, but rather a full breakfast menu, and the choice of an extensive breakfast buffet. There are also many fine dining establishments within a short drive from the hotel, so our guests have many choices for their first meal of the day.

Please accept my apologies for the negative things you experienced, but do come back and give us an opportunity to show that we CAN offer a memorable experience for the right reasons. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton for your recent visit to Pleasanton, and for making us aware that we do have room for improvement.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Was a good stay and surprisingly quit for being right on the freeway. Located at the mall so there was a lot to do and places to eat. Internet was not free. Not sure how they can charge for internet in this day and age.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Pleasanton. We do have a great location that is convenient for both business and pleasure, and from April 1, 2011, internet service is now complimentary. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2011

My girlfriend and I chose to stay at the Sheraton Pleasanton for a "night away". Having never stayed in this hotel and after reading some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor, I will admit I was a little concerned about what the accommodations would be like.

Upon entering I was greeted by Jon at the front desk who helped me navigate the hotel and addressed a few special concerns I had. I will say that Jon is perhaps the most friendly, helpful and understanding hotel staff member I have ever encountered, including my stays at the Ritz.

Jon's helpfulness was a prelude to what the entire stay would be like. All staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one. This was our first date night the cleamliness of the hotel and the demeanor of the staff only added to a magical night. ;)

Thank you Sheraton Pleasanton for an amazing stay, we will be back again and again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Pleasanton for your recent visit to the area. I am so pleased that your stay was memorable and I will be sure to extend your kind words to all my staff, and to Jon in particular. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Reviewed 25 January 2011

The best thing is it’s a non-smoking hotel, so we didn’t need to deal with the lingering cigarette smell. The bedding was cozy and comfortable. Other than that, I don’t think it’s up to Sheraton standards. Small room with low ceiling. Stains were on the carpet and chair. Some of the lambs were not functioning. There are many other hotels nearby and I’ll probably choose something else next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am dismayed that your recent stay at our hotel was memorable for the wrong reasons, but appreciate your candid evaluation. Please know that your comments are taken very seriously and acted upon. We have very recently conducted a comprehensive, professional cleaning of all carpets and upholstery in EVERY guestroom in the hotel, precipitated by this review. Our Maintenance team have gone room by room to ensure that every applicance is in fine working order. My team have worked diligently to correct the deficiencies that you experienced during your stay with us. There are indeed many fine hotels nearby, but we truly hope that the Sheraton Pleasanton can once again be your first choice when you return to the Tri Valley area. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss your experience further. We really hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.