“Go somewhere else”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Run down property. Had to change rooms because freeway facing rooms are deafeningly loud. Only one operational elevator (this was mentioned in another review from August). Service and all guests sharing one elevator?
Staff friendly, beds comfortable and convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts about your recent stay at my property. I am very sorry that the defiencies of my physical property menat that your stay wasn't the enjoyable, rewarding experience it should have been.

The current situation whereby one of my guest elevators is out of service has been a process that we hoped would not be a lengthy one. Sadly that has not been the case, but I am happy to report that the repair work to return it to service begins this week. In the interim period, since we removed the elevator from service as we were concerned that our guests safety could possibly be compromised, our guests have been subjected to unfortunate delays that have negatively impacted their stay. Never the less, our guests have all displayed great patience and understanding and we thank them all profusely for that.

You kindly mention that my staff were friendly, our beds comfortable, and our location convenient. We pride ourselves on all of these facts and appreciate you bringing them to our attention. I hope that these positive points mean that your stay with us was not altogether a negative experience. Perhaps as we work diligently to repair the issues of concern we can look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future. I certainly hope that this can be the case.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to candidly report your thoughts about my hotel and for choosing the Sheraton for your recent visit to Pleasanton. I am so very sorry that your enjoyable stay was compromised and turned out to be memorable for the wrong reasons.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel is a bit run down and in need of a makeover. While the staff was nice and tried to fix problems, more problems just kept occurring. Note that this hotel is not a full size Sheraton and is a bit small for the Sheraton brand. In the week I was there, I had to change rooms twice. The first time was to get out of a room over the freeway (loud all night long). The AC broke in the middle of the night in the second room. The third room was missing furniture and had some plumbing issues, but I decided to stay in this one rather than press my luck. The hotel has two elevators, and one of them was out of service the entire week. That means the staff and all guests were sharing the same elevator with very long wait times. While the wait staff in the restaurant was hustling during breakfast, there was a shortage of bowls and spoons every day. It seemed like they had only a few bowls in the entire hotel and had to keep washing them for other guests to use. The waiters carried spoons in their pockets, and you could only get one by requesting one directly from the waiters. I did see some some guests trying to eat oatmeal with a plate and fork. The wait for bowls and spoons turned what should have been a quick breakfast buffet into a long ordeal.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not over the freeway
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cemckeon

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to note your thoughts about your recent stay at my property. I am very sorry indeed that the stay was not the relaxing, peaceful, wonderful experience you anticipated.

The recent loss of one of our two elevators has had a considerable impact on our operation over the last few weeks, and we long for the repair to be complete so that we can once again concentrate all our efforts on serving our guests needs. I am happy to report that the repairs are currently being addressed after waiting for the parts to be built, tested and shipped from the manufacturer. Our guests safety is paramount and we removed the elevator from service to carry out repairs and maintenance so that we could ensure that safety aspect. I have been assured by our elevator company that within the next week to ten days we will have an elevator that operates like new, having been subjected to the most rigorous tests and inspections.

Your comments about our perceived shortage of supplies certainly caused much consternation among our management and staff, and the issue was given immediate attention. I assure you that the situation has been remedied and training has been ongoing to address the issue and ensure that such instances as this do not reoccur at the busiest times (or any time) during our Food Service operation.

I appreciate your candid description of your visit to my hotel, and once again apologize for the disappointing stay with us. Please know that we take these comments very seriously and strive to make our hotel a place to visit for relaxation and joyful, memorable experiences. Your thoughts and observations have shown us that we have work to do to ensure that we always provide that experience seamlessly. I hope that at some point in the future we are allowed the opportunity to welcome you back and show you that my staff can deliver the kind of exceptional experience we failed to provide on this particular visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Was very reasonable at $130/night and convenient to San Ramon where I was working. Rooms are newer with comforatble beds and flat screen TVs. Only downside was the buffet breakfast which was kind of sad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for one night on a "mattress run" and was pleasantly surprised. It's walkable to the West Pleasanton BART station (although the ride into the city is very long). The hotel was quite upscale. The room was clean and remarkably nice given the weekend price of $99/night. I would definitely consider staying here again, although Pleasanton itself is pretty boring and not particularly pretty. The bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

I appreciate your positive review of our hotel and am very happy to hear that you will likely return in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your experience was pleasant, and I agree, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are extremely comfy!

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The Sheraton in Pleasanton has a modern, bright lobby and the staff was very friendly at check-in. The elevators are definitely original equipment and SLOW, but there are worse things. My room was on the second floor and was clean and comfortable. Road noise from the highway was fairly loud, but nature of the beast with the location of the hotel. My biggest complaint is that the power outlets didn't all work and I didn't realize this until I picked up my phone and it wasn't charged in the morning. If you're gonna have outlets in the desk, make sure they work. :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank danmiller3

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do have a very friendly staff and I am glad that they made you feel welcome. Your comments about the outlets is very enlightening and spurred my team to investigate further as it is indeed frustrating to have outlets that don't appear to work. We learned that in a lot of rooms these outlets get disconnected from the outlet in the wall behind the desk for a variety of reasons, often due to our own Room Attendants removing the fixture to plug in vacuum cleaners. We have developed training to ensure that these outlets are checked daily by the Room Attendant as part of the service to the guest room, and really appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

I hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting our property in the future should your business bring you back to Pleasanton. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

1) Room comfortable and linens clean.
2) No receptionist available and no signs to indicate where to check in. Making matters worse, the tiny check-in desk looks more like an information desk.
3) Hallways cluttered with dishes, pizza boxes, empty drinks. Even by the next morning, none of the garbage was cleared.
4) Continental breakfast is not free. $14 for buffet (precooked eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit) is overpriced with no signage indicating price. You can get full service cooked to order breakfast down the street for $7.

Overall, decent room but service and user friendliness/customer serivce need lots of improvement.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about our guest rooms, and am surprised by your remarks about our service. I can only offer my apologies for this aberration to our normally attentive and friendly service.

The two registration desks in the lobby adjacent to the front entrance of the hotel are new additions to our lobby following our recent, extensive renovations of our public areas. These modular desks are designed to offer a more personal check in experience for our guests and are quite a departure from the normal, oversized front desk found in most hotels. They are unique and certainly do invoke a variety of comments from our guests.

From your comments concerning Room Service trays in the hallways, it is clear that we need to be extra diligent in the collection of these service trays. My team will certainly focus on this shortcoming in the future.

As a full service hotel with food and beverage outlets we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast, but rather a full breakfast menu, and the choice of an extensive breakfast buffet. There are also many fine dining establishments within a short drive from the hotel, so our guests have many choices for their first meal of the day.

Please accept my apologies for the negative things you experienced, but do come back and give us an opportunity to show that we CAN offer a memorable experience for the right reasons. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton for your recent visit to Pleasanton, and for making us aware that we do have room for improvement.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Was a good stay and surprisingly quit for being right on the freeway. Located at the mall so there was a lot to do and places to eat. Internet was not free. Not sure how they can charge for internet in this day and age.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Pleasanton. We do have a great location that is convenient for both business and pleasure, and from April 1, 2011, internet service is now complimentary. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.