“Very quiet”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Chicago, IL
“Very quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel backs up the freeway, and I was told by a colleague to request a room on the other side of the building. So I can't say whether or not the rooms facing the freeway are noisy, but I had a room on the first floor facing the parking lot, and it was incredibly silent. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have been updated. It's directly across from a large, nice mall with lots of mall food options as well as a P.F.Chang's and a Cheesecake Factory. All in all, a nice place.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Punto_in_aria
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It was very kind of you to take a few moments to record your thoughts about your recent visit to my hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We truly have a great location, close to first rate shopping, great restaurants, local transportation (BART - virtually next door), and easy access to freeways that will take you to San Francisco, Silicon Valley, local wineries, sporting venues and family entertainment in minutes.

Next year we will be remodeling our guestrooms to make them even more attractive.

Come back and see us again!

Sheraton Pleasanton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in room #409. Beds comfortable. Large, quiet room. Excellent desk staff. I asked for a different room after being given a room facing a freeway. Desk clerk gave me a quieter room.
Nice gym and pool area. Great location. Mall and restaurants nearby.

Carpet in room was very dirty. Rooms need to be renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing mall.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking a moment to record your thoughts of my hotel following your recent visit. I agree that we indeed have a great location, close to businesses, freeways, wineries etc. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are among the finest in the industry. I am glad that you found them to your liking.

I hope you return to our hotel in the near future, should your business travels bring you back to Pleasanton.

San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed just one night after my daughter's wedding. Did not expect much but was Pleasanton-ly surprised by the nice, clean room and the friendly, helpful staff. We had breakfast in the dining room in the morning and everyone ate a lot. Good waffles!. I would definitely stay here again but one note of caution. Ask for a room facing the mall since the freeway noise on the other side can be loud.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at the Sheraton Pleasanton. Please pass on all of our good wishes to your daughter and her new husband in their future lives together. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay at a time that should be memorable and free of any outside stresses or concerns.

it is indeed encouraging to learn that we exceeded your expectations. Please come back and visit us soon.

Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have stayed at other locations in the area and found others to be adequate. However, when I come to the Sheraton Pleasanton, I feel like one of the family. Their staff is amazing and welcome me by name. They have a great club lounge for SPG preferred guests that offers hot breakfast as well as light dinner in the evenings. Their breakfast buffet in the restaurant is great too and offers custom made omelettes and egg dishes. The location is perfect as it is close to major businesses, freeways, and the awesome Stoneridge Mall & restaurants. I travel all over and actually look forward to staying at the Sheraton Pleasanton. They are always consistent and reliable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Mall side of the hotel to avoid minor freeway noise one the other side.
1 Thank mikaaj
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! What a great endorsement! Thank you so much for the wonderful, kind words. I am very happy to hear that we are providing you with consistently good service and that you look forward to your visits. Keep on visiting. We look forward to many more opportunities to offer great service and offer our guests a "Home away from Home!"

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is a hotel I stay at with some frequency. I am a regular visitor to Pleasanton. The Sheraton is a reliable choice that consistently provides the expected experience.

The rooms are not extraordinary, but they are nice sized and very workable. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. The restaurant works fine and room service is usually prompt. The hotel is across the street from a major mall so if you leave something at home it is easy to grab the needed replacement.

The hotel is located a two minute walk from the West Pleasanton BART station making it a convenient selection for those not renting a car.

I always feel comfortable booking a stay at this hotel.

2 Thank charlierdu
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your thoughts about your visits to my hotel. We enjoy our location and the close proximity to first class shopping and transportation around the Bay Area. My team is dedicated and it is heart-warming to hear that you find them vigilant, courteous and helpful.

Please come back and stay with us again the next time your business brings you to Pleasanton.

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

OK - it's next door to Safeway headquarters, so could not be more convenient for a sales call. And last minute rate of $58 a great deal compared to rack rates. And the bed was surprisingly comfortable, with thick down comforters. But otherwise can't think of a reason to stay here. Deferred maintenance if you start to look close.

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a few words about your recent visit. I am glad that our great location worked well for your business needs, and that the surprisingly comfortable bed provided you with a good night's rest. Please come back and see us again and let us convince you that there are many reasons to choose the Sheraton when your business brings you to Pleasanton.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

From the moment I arrived at this hotel I felt welcomed and trully valued. The staff were the most friendly and helpful that I have ever experienced in any hotel, and I've stayed globally at quite a few.

The coffee supplied with the coffee maker was top notch, in my opinion far superior to Starbucks, however, I did not find the creamer supplied with it too palatable, so a quick trip down to reception and I was supplied free of charge with a large cup of milk to place in the fridge in my room. The water in the room was also supplied free of charge and an excellent choice of teas were included.

Of course there were a few blips in my 9 night occupation of the room,
1. the coffee maker burnt out, possibly from working overtime LOL, but it was replaced in an instant with a fresh one, within 5mins it was outside my room.
2. I ran out of tea supplies and someone came to my room to replenish supplies within 15mins!
3. I could not figure the TV controls, and someone came within 20mins to attend to it.
4.The fridge started to make strange noises and it was replaced almost immediately, that's what I call first class service! By the way, the room I occupied was a standard room, so this was not a 'preferred guest' experience.

The breakfast was included in my package so I tried everything. Eggs cooked in a variety of ways, bacon, cooked potatoes,asst. breads/bagels, pastries, fruit, yogurts and cereals were on offer, I did have the option of taking this in my room if I so wished which was included on the voucher. I think the only let down in this area was the short supply of cutlery in the dining room, and by that I mean that you had to request spoons for cereals and fruit, it's just inconvenient when you are tired after a long flight, to have to request additional cutlery. I think it would be nice if a self service option was offered on tea and coffee beverages as this has to be brought to you at the table. If you do not find the breakfast on offer suitable, there are a variety of eating establishments situated in the Stoneridge Mall which is directly opposite the hotel, although it does not seem to open it's doors until 10am. I ate a couple of meals at the hotel, a vegetable wrap, which was delicious, but some of the soups which were served, were not at a very hot temperature, but still very nicely flavoured.

The hotel was comfortably and pleasantly decorated, my room was clean, bright and airy and very well lit, with lots of room. The bedding was reassuringly brilliant white. My hairdryer was very efficient, not the usual ineffective kind that is to be found in most hotels. My room was overlooking the front on the 5th floor, although I would think that any room overlooking the front aspect would be ultra quiet, because the front of the hotel was suprisingly peaceful, maybe most of the traffic that supplied the hotel was situated at the rear, but I'm not certain. The elevators were both working perfectly whilst I was there, so no long waits in the lobbly. I have included some pictures of the hotel.

The hotel is situated in an excellent location for the Bart, (just a 4min walk as I timed it,) which is very simple and inexpensive to use.You can hop on the Bart and be in Central San Francisco in around 45mins to an hour, just one train and no need to change, an enjoyable day out and a break from work/business. The Stoneridge Mall is directly opposite and has all the usual designer shops. The hotel deals with a cab service which I found to be extremely reliable and curteous, they drove me all the way back to S.F. airport when I left. Also on offer is a free hotel shuttle service which takes you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

What did I like best about this hotel? It just has to be the staff, they are are an asset to the company, oh, and the coffee of course! Thank you Sheraton Pleasanton, I will certainly be staying with you again if I'm in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the hotel seem to be quiet and they also have a view of the hills.
1 Thank LindiManchester
Dear Valued Guest,

What a pleasure it was to read your extensive review of my hotel. I certainly picked up a few 'pointers' to make our guests even more comfortable for the future. Your comments about my staff are much appreciated. We do have a wonderfully friendly and attentive staff who strive to make our guest's visits as memorable as possible. Thank you for recognizing them.

You mention that you will return to the Sheraton should you be in the area in the future. I hope that is soon. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Sheraton Pleasanton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Pleasanton Marriott
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
Holiday Inn Dublin
Holiday Inn Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin

Been to Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel? Share your experiences!