“Exceptional Service in Club Lounge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional Service in Club Lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Lily the Club Attendant in the Sheraton Club lounge was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. She went out of her way. Her professionalism shines! I went in during evening reception hour to use the printer. She asked me why I wasn't eating the dinner. I mentioned to her that I was a vegetarian. Moments later on her own she came back with a veggie wrap the hotel made especially for me. This is why I love SPG and Starwood! By far the best hotel chain, with amazing employee's, which makes this the best hotel experience.

Oh, and I while I was Club Lounge.....overheard another guest tell Lily "I love you"!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank leicam6er
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

What a lovely endorsement of Lily and her colleagues! Thank you so much for taking the time to express your delight at the service you received during your recent stay at my property. I have shared your kind words with all of my team and they never tire of hearing great comments from our wonderful guests. It certainly makes our day when we receive praise from our guests.

Please come back and see us again.

Sheraton Pleasanton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Culver City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights 4-20/23 2012. Fast Check-in. The room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool it was rather small. Kingsize bed +1 soft chair, desk and wire desk chair. Second person had to lay on a very nice bed to be comfortable. There was no chest of drawers, only 2 drawers under a table the 32" flat TV was on. The TV had a great picture but did not receive all the channels the information book in the room said it did? Would have been nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We ate a lite dinner at the hotel. There was only 1 waiter for the whole hotel. He handled room service and was also serving a wedding dinner in an adjacent room. It took us over 1 hour to be served and eat a cup of soup and a pizza. The waiter apologized and said the cook burned our first pizza. We got a special rate through "Hot Wire" which made this a real deal. I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate the review and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel, despite the slow service at dinner and the kitchen staff stuggling with your pizza. Many apologies for that negative aspect of your stay. I hope you do come back and stay with us again. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the positive comments. We look forward to your return in the future.

Irvine, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Clean property, clean room. Stayed for one night on buisness. Rooms are fine - nothing spectacular.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton during your recent visit to Pleasanton. I am happy to hear that you found my hotel to be clean and comfortable. Please come back and see us again on your next visit to the area.

Tehachapi, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved the landscaping , loved the mall across the street, the front staff and especially the breakfast lady arciella ?? was wonderful. I left my iPad at breakfast and she found me and gave it back. Wow really nice lady. Pretty lobby.Took a shower and water up to my ankles - hate that. Okay the beds are awful, the lights next to my bed kept flickering on and off and the AC was super loud. We had to be moved to another room. It seems most rooms have a weird wall that sticks out between the bathroom and bed area. My husband and I hit that weird wall with our right shoulders every night as we used the bathroom. Tried to put on makeup and the bulb on my mirror went out - almost funny at that point. The TV was not across from the bed but at a uncomfortable angle. On the club lounge we had hard potstickers one night and the next it was coleslaw type food with rice and a little goodie. Not a real meal. We spoke to a man at breakfast and he said 5 things were wrong with his room also. Tried to use Jacuzzi it was luke warm. I asked them to heat it up and they said the pump had been broken for a while. !!!!!!!!! Very very disappointed . Not like any sheraton I've stayed at. Will not go back

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Loriegirl
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write down you thoughts about my hotel and your recent stay. I am dismayed to learn that you had a stay that was memorable for the wrong reasons. It would appear that there were some positives to be taken from the experience, namely the location, landscaping and the service provided by my staff. I am happy that there were some good things interspersed among the negative experiences. Thank you for giving your candid view on areas of our operation that you found to be deficient. I assure you that these areas are the ones that demand our immediate attention and all your comments will be addressed individually by my staff.

I am sorry that the experience was less than you expected and thank you for choosing the Sheraton. My team and I will work diligently to correct these issues so that our guests do not experience similar discomfort in the future.

Sheraton Pleasanton

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Birch Bay, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Clean, quiet room. Average amenities. Got a deal on room rates which made this stay even better. Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Pleasanton during your recent visit to our area, and for taking a moment to record your thoughts. I will certainly pass on your words of praise for my staff to the entire team. Please come see us again on your next visit to Pleasanton.

J
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed 5 nights in march 2012 while visiting relatives in the area. Great staff makes this hotel a "must". The breakfast buffet is fantastic. Large shopping mall accross the street. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The only negative is that our room did not have a chest of drawers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us at the Sheraton. My team are incredibly friendly and outgoing and strive to make everyone feel at home. Thank you for acknowledging that fact in your comments. Glad you liked our buffet. I will certainly pass that along to our chef. The hotel has a great location and the close proximity of the Stoneridge Mall makes it the ideal place to spend a couple of hours, all day, or find numerous fun places to dine without venturing far from the hotel. We will even drive you over there and come and pick you back up when you have completed your shopping!

Come back and see us again. Early next year we will be refurbishing our guest rooms and our new furnishings will provide lots of drawer space.

We hope to see you soon.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed on a weekend night while house was being painted. Rooms are very nice, modern and decorated well. The beds are very comfortable, bathrooms are a bit dated. I would avoid the rooms that face the freeway, generates too much ambient noise.
Had drinks in the bar, great happy hour and friendly staff.
The front desk staff also very helpful, I forgot a few things in the room, they were great to help out.

Room Tip: avoid freeway side