“Great place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Oakland, California
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Rooms are well kept and updated comparedt to other hotels. The gym was also very clean and neat. I would recommend to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful endorsement. These words of praise are very much appreciated by our great team at the Sheraton. Please come back and see us again soon.

Sheraton Pleasanton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is our 3rd stay in this property. We love this hotel...the rooms are clean, friendly employees, free parking, and the Stoneridge Mall is right across the road.

FIRST STAY:
Couldn't believe the location. Loved that Stoneridge Mall!!! Clean and updated rooms.

SECOND STAY:
We celebrated our daughter's birthday. Front desk was so kind, they accommodated us in connecting rooms, which made it very convenient for the little ones to run back and forth. To our surprise, management even placed a "birthday cake" in our room for my daughter... what a sweet touch! The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The room service order taker was super efficient and the delivery was prompt. We had 18 entree orders and drinks. Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious too! We had a memorable stay.

THIRD STAY:
Another Fabulous stay! The check in agent was very friendly. Our room was immaculate! We had the opportunity to enjoy the club lounge this time. They offered fresh fruits, patries, and hot coffee. The waitress in the restaurant made us feel welcome and the breakfast buffet was delicious! At the end of our night, we had drinks in the lobby bar, it was very comfortable.

Summary:
Housekeeping is "TOP Notch!" We appreciate the consistent service & staff friendliness.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am hoping to see you for a 4th, 5th & 6th visit!!! Thank you so much for the glowing endorsement of our hotel and staff. I will share your comments with them all. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My partner and I stayed here recently for a weekend and were very happy with our experience. It's close to Bart so I was able to travel to San Francisco for a meeting without having to deal with traffic gridlock. Its proximity to the mall was also a plus. The room was clean and we found the staff to be helpful and courteous. I would probably stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Liam M
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our convenient location does remove some of the concerns involved in traveling, and the ability to walk a couple of hundred yards from our front door and jump on a BART train that gets you into San Francisco in a very short time, is certainly one of the best features. No traffic, tolls or parking fees to concern yourself with.

Please come back and see us agin soon. My team look forward to your return.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near the mall and the offices where I needed to attend training. There are a few places you can walk to and eat (PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, etc.), so a car might not be needed if you don't want to venture out much.

Check in was easy and the front desk staff was nice. The rooms, however, were noisy with many people yelling in the hall and slamming doors at 3:00AM. Granted, you can't close the door gently because it is by default a self-closing door, but the yelling and talking in the halls could be controlled. I asked the people to be considerate, but was told that they were just married. I said I wasn't talking in the hall on my wedding night, but I digress.

I complained to the front desk manager (at 3:00AM), who was too busy talking to someone checking in the hotel. The bartender listened to my complaints while the manager joked with the person checking in. The bartender tried to help by giving me breakfast coupons, but I just wanted to be ensured that when the happy couple returned, someone could tell them to be quiet.

The housekeeping wasn't thorough in the room with trash being left in the bins, supplies weren't restocked, etc. It wasn't a big deal, but I was already irritated by lack of sleep.

The gym was missing lighter weights, and was somewhat serviceable for a hotel gym if you wanted to do cardio. If you wanted weights, forget it. The exercise balls were also not maintained.

I had issues with the breakfast area as well. The floors were incredibly sticky and downright dirty. The food, however, was good and the service was consistently friendly.

Lastly, the hotel shuttle had some issues. I was told that they would be back to get me to my training class, but the driver took someone 20 minutes away, leaving me stranded. Then the shuttle broke down. I was in walking distance, so it was no big deal, but on top of everything else, it was a bit irritable.

What made everything better was the Front Desk Manager. He listened to my complaints and tried to make everything better. He gave me some extra points on my Starwood card, arranged to have my luggage dropped off at my office so that I didn't have to walk it there when the shuttle broke down, and was genuinely concerned about my stay. This is what changed my rating to a three instead of a two.

I will give the hotel a try again. It is in a good location, and after the wedding party left, it was quiet and full of business people who have work in the morning. The rooms are a good size, and the beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: If you can get on the executive floor, this might help for a quiet room. Most people on this floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cyanhead
Sheratonpls, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I certainly appreciate the detailed account of your stay with us at the Sheraton. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay overall, but had some experiences that diminished it somewhat from being the memorable experience it could and should have been. It is unfortunate that there were some thoughtless individuals making noise in the hallway in the middle of the night. We do have Security Officers that we dispatch to those areas that we are notified about. They should have been sent there immediately upon learning of the concern. I am very sorry if this did not happen, and will discuss this with my Night Staff.

Our hotel shuttle van had a new battery installed and is back in action and readily available to deliver and pick up our guests from their various locations and destinations. I truly hope that you were not inconvienced too much and am glad that your training class was taking place close to the hotel.

You mention that you will return to our hotel again in the future and that is very gratifying to hear. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and for the kind words you included about our staff and services, and more importantly, for choosing the Sheraton. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Sheraton manager:
- we were the only couple in the room and we didnt have a dog with us. The room only had 1 king bed.
- we checked in the room around 5:30 drop of our things and drove ourselves to the wedding we attended which began at 6:00.
-poop was behind a couch near the floor lamp. We noticed it once we returned from the wedding because we needed to turn on the lights in order to see in the room.
-we never met a shuttle driver and were never transported to the wedding.  We drove ourselves
-only myself and my girlfriend were in that room.
- we never had a dog with us
Our concern was how clean the room.  I'm deeply upset after reading that this review was posted up only after the fact that the room wasn't complimentary,  We would have been content if you would have moved us to another room, but everything was booked.
Your hotel staff was very friendly in the morning we really apppreciated their help nothing negative to say about them.
I am extremely disappointed. It was gross to find poop in our room but this review from management is unbelievable since their information is false!

• Stayed July 2012

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Sheraton was perfect for what my wife and I needed- a quite room for the night. Staff was friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. Check in and out was a breeze and the room, while a little dated, was very nice. My wife loved the bed and the rooms facing the mall were very quite. Pool was your standard pool and breakfast was good.

WE both loved the location, it was easy to get to the wedding we were attending, and being next to the mall and BART gave us great options for our down time. We did wish the restaurant and bar had more options, but it did the trick.

Overall it was a great stay for the night and felt like a good value!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NB_876
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you both had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Sounds like you made the most of the great options and amenities offered by our great location.

Come back and see us again. We would love to welcome you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My family and I enjoyed staying at this hotel. Every employee we came accross had the nicest attitude - very accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. A nice stop between the central valley and the city - only a few steps fron Stoneridge Mall and downtown Pleasanton ...We definitely recommend it!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarita L
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate the review and kind words about the hotel and staff. The close proximity to BART and the Mall is tremendous. If you cannot satisfy your shopping impulses with the FANTASTIC Stoneridge Mall, that has all the major stores and great restaurants, leave the car in the parking lot and ride the BART train to San Francisco or Oakland - two major cities that can be reached in minutes, without the cost and hassle of driving and searching for parking.

Come back and see us again soon. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another weekend getaway or mid-week mini break.

Sheraton Pleasanton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Pleasanton Marriott
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
Holiday Inn Dublin
Holiday Inn Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin

Been to Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel? Share your experiences!