“Review Follow Up” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Review Follow Up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I wanted to share a follow-up of the July 14th review of the Sheraton Pleasanton. If you look back a couple months, you will find the original review of an experience that was terrible. While it appears that the management responds to a lot of the reviews posted on Trip advisor, I never had any follow-up from anyone at the hotel (even though they promised to get back in touch with us).

I contacted Starwood Properties (the owners of the Sheraton chain) and they were very accomodating and gave us full credit for our stay and removed the charges for a bad experience. So my take-away is that the Sheraton Pleasanton is still a place to be avoided but the Starwood properties still care about their guests and making things right when an individual property stumbles. Thanks to Starwood for understanding the value of customer service.

Room Tip: Avoid the ADA rooms on the first floor. Find another hotel before staying here.
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had stayed in this hotel for a week in 2007 and it was just "OK" at the time for the price that I paid. This time, I was surprised to see a notable change including a big change with the main floor layout which is much more efficient. The beds (mattress, linens and pillows) were EXTREMELY comfortable which really contributed to me being well rested and refreshed to be my best throughout the day. Staff was fantastic. I am delighted to upgrade this location from 3 star to four star. Will look to stay there again in the future for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway (680).
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Second time staying here but didn't write a review for the first visit. Stayed here again on Nov 1st & 2nd because there are very few htoels that take dogs in the area. Stayed in room 225, a pet room. Pets are free, which is great. Staff are exceptional! Rooms were nice, the bathroom a little dirty, some long black hairs near shower and toilet. TV was in a very awkward spot, to the side of the bed. So if you want to lay in bed and watch tv, you'd have to lay on your side. Supposed to be a non smoking hotel, but with a/c and fan that is near the window, cigarette smoked drfited through the vents. Could have been because the room was on the 2nd floor right above the main entrance and staff/guests may have been smoking outside in the entrance area outside of the lobby. I did notice staff smoking on their break as you walk out the front entrance right near the doors. Could also hear people talking in the middle of the night standing outside below our room......I thought smokers were supposed to be at least 20 feet from an entrance, but that could be just state buildings. Nevertheless, the staff should not be smoking as guests are going in and out of the main entrance. They had a happy hour at night/breakfast if you pay the additional $20 ,it's all 'free' but you have to travel up the elevator to the 6th floor to get your drinks and food, a little inconvenient. The bottled beer was not cold though and very minimal snacks. Breakfast was just okay and no trays were available if you want to take your food back up to your room. Wear something with lots of pockets! All in all, not bad, bed was firm and comfortable, would probably stay again but next time we are trying the Residence Inn here in Pleasanton, even though they charge $100 for the dogs, but it may be worth a try

Room Tip: ask for room away from entrance to avoid cigarette smoke coming through ac vent in room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank meechmom
Arcadia, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Giants fan here. Its ok for those of you on a tight budget,and you dont want to pay those $300 rates in the city. Parking is also a hassle but we have bart parking lot just next to the hotel.TIP- just avoid the freeway rooms, beware of safeway smokers in their parking lot.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is a great option for people visiting the Bay Area who want to avoid the crowds (and higher prices) in San Francisco. Nice and convenient location near the 580/680 interchange and literally steps away from the Stonebridge Mall, this Sheraton is a solid value. It's showing its age a bit, but nothing in particular worth mentioning.

With free parking and free (and reliable) Wi-Fi, it's an easy hotel to recommend. You can literally walk to the mall, and there's plenty of dining options in Pleasanton or nearby Dublin.

About the only problem we had was the noise from the freeway, but I imagine it wouldn't be noticeable if you had a room on the side that faces the mall. It didn't bug us much, but I can see where others might see it as a bigger issue.

Front desk staff was very courteous, and we didn't experience any of the problems with the housekeeping staff mentioned in other reviews. We'll certainly keep it in mind for future Bay Area trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that faces the mall.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

As I promised from my last pre-view comments based on the reviews of ours. We made our trip on the following day, September 29 and stayed for two nights. We found this hotel was in a great shape. We had two rooms and both were clean - no complaints at all. The front desk, Kohi (Sorry if I spell his name incorrectly), a very pleasant young man - polite, big welcoming smile that made our 7-hour drive a worthwhile trip and knew his doing even he's only on this job for three months. Lisa at the Club Lounge was so cheerful, wonderful, well organized and a fast worker. She answered every question we had in such a way that we felt that she ought to be given a bigger job ... Talking about the Club Lounge - it was kind of sad: small room with so many guests. We went for breakfast on Sunday morning by 8:30, no seat, no food, no plate, no spoon, .... And we gave it up. We tried Saturday night, there were wine, beer, soda but the food was so little and not interesting at all. We did not even want to try again on Sunday night. Monday breakfast was the same old story, too crowded. Lisa tried so hard to make everyone happy but the room was just too small for so many guests. The toaster was in its slowest mood. It took forever seemingly. I had two slides of muffins in the toaster and went to get my coffee. I could not believe what I saw, a young guest who came with 7 other friends just used her fingers taking my muffins out of the toaster and puting her bread in. I was away just about 10 seconds the most. I asked what was she doing and she replied I thought no one was toasting the muffins. There's no meat of any kind for both breakfasts. A new experience for me. Overall, we will return to this hotel next time. The housekeeping did do a good job in both rooms but we noticed that some small trash left on the hall way after cleaning on three floors we had been - not in the rooms but in the hall ways. I thought, perhaps they needed to wear glasses. The last thing I thought they were not told and that was they did not understand to let guests use the elevators first, especially in the morning when some guests were in hurry. Everyone was quite polite and nice. We thought the GM has done a great job of making sure some of the problems were dealt with and corrected. We did not use the shuttle services and can't comment on it. When I asked one employee about the negative reviews. Totally out of my surprise that this employee knew about them. This was another big plus. The hotel is located just next to the Stoneridge Mall and Freeway 580 & 680. Great location!
How could we missed this hotel since we do visit the are 5-6 times a year. With the rates we paid, wow .... One last thing, they need to fix the bathroom light in room 424. It went off automatically that was fine but it went off also when we were in shower or sitting down .... It was not fun in darkness when you were .... Saturday night the parking lot was nearly full but inside it was quiet. Excellent!

Room Tip: Read the above comment and you will have a pretty good idea.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We read and talked about the reviews. We are coming tomorrow. We are a bit of concerned about the room cleaning. It sounded the hotel housekeeping has some serious issues.
The GM interestingly only responded to some selected guests when there were other more serious problems he ignored. One in our party commented,"Perhaps the housekeeping's problems are so old and he's used to them already.
You can count on our reviews after our stay.

Room Tip: Watch for our reviews next week.
Stayed September 2012, travelled on business