“Like stepping back to 1960, but clean and ok with friendly service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Plano, TX
“Like stepping back to 1960, but clean and ok with friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel. On arrival, I really felt almost like it was a "theme" hotel. The look and feel is very much like roadside motels of the past. Everyone was nice and the service very good, but this would not be a first choice for me again. Our corporate rate was high for the value. Rooms are small and noisy, and the bathrooms really old and out of date. I give the hotel credit for keeping such an old place reasonably clean, but think this is a Sheraton past it's prime. Far more like a holiday inn than a Sheraton.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here for 19 nights while working on a business assignment. This hotel was what I was given through a Priceline bid. My company would not have allowed me to book this hotel at the standard rate.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My room was on the 5th floor and though the hotel is undergoing some renovation, I rarely heard much of the noise, because I was out of the room throughout the day. Nor, did I hear any of the traffic noise others have mentioned (I was not on the highway side of the hotel).

Upon arrival, the exterior of the hotel does look dated, but the interior and rooms were nice. The beds were comfortable and the bedding made for a cozy sleeping experience. The ac/heating unit can be a bit noisy, but it was not so noisy as to interrupt my sleep and I find this level of noise with these units is pretty common in hotels (I stay in a lot of hotels each year).

My only complaint is related to the menu prices. I thought they were overpriced and chose to eat elsewhere for most of my meals. I also felt the buffet was so-so and not worth the $16 price.

There is a single serve coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in the room. To-go cups with lids are there for taking your morning coffee with you. I guess this could be considered a free cup of coffee. However, they do serve free coffee, but it is served in the evening, along with free cookies. I would prefer free coffee in the morning that I could grab on the way out the door. The hotel should consider serving coffee in the morning and evening (coffee is a minimal cost item for a hotel and adding the additional coffee service wouldn't add much to their costs).

Overall, it was a great stay and I'd definitely stay here again. Special thanks to Cory for his extra attention to meeting my needs.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a very solid Sheraton property although it is in dire need of the renovation which is currently under way. I was told the renovation is being done floor by floor top down and they were doing the top floor (6) while I was there. I would try and get a renovated floor if you do stay there as I've seen the new Sheraton renovations and they are very nice! Even though it's in dire need of a renovation dont take this as meaning "dirty" or "nasty" it just looks a little worn and tired but still is kept very clean and presentable. Once the renovations are done this place will be stellar. The staff is possibly the most accommodating staff I've encountered. Renovations were not disturbing in any way and I was in the floor right below. Breakfast Buffet was top notch and it's right across the street from the Mall. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I look forward to doing so especially when it's fully renovated.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room if possible.
Temecula, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

This place needs major renovations, the bathroom tile was cracked and dirty, the wall heater kept me up every night. The breakfast that they charge you for is no better than what you can get for free at any executive suites. To top it off, no free Lobby coffee! Couple of other issues...The house keeping left a dirty sheet in the middle of my room, don’t know if it was mine or someone else’s. The shower was not made for tall or even medium sized people. I will never stay there again. Very disappointing for such a fine hotel chain.

Room Tip: stay at the Marriott hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your most recent stay. We are disappointed to hear you did not have the kind of stay we strive to provide to our guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we ask that you contact us directly at Phansen@rimhospitality.com. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel is in the process of renovating and will not be complete to later this year (fall of 2013?). If you can get a room here using Hotwire or Priceline, its worth it. But not if you pay the higher regular rates. The staff was pretty good, but the rooms were only average. I am sure they will be much nicer when their renovation is complete.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Antioch, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Pleasanton this weekend and was pleasantly surprised! Pulling up to the hotel you notice a couple of things right away; 1) is is right across the street from Stoneridge Mall and 2) the hotel is really dated on the outside. It could definitely use some sprucing up on the exterior!

However, once we walked inside the lobby, you could immediately tell that the interior has had work done to modernize this hotel. The lobby area was nice and inviting. The check-in staff was nice and accommodating. We were there 2.5 hours before check-in but was given a room right away.

The hallway on the 3rd floor was very modern and chic. I mention this because there were pillars that gave the walk to our room a unique curvy feel. The room itself was spacious and nicely decorated. We were lucky to receive a room overlooking the pool area and the mall beyond it. The hotel sits pretty close to a major freeway and I would image the rooms facing the freeway are not ideal. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was dated but clean. The lotions and shampoos were a nice product. The room contained complimentary bottled water and Starbucks coffee for the coffee maker.

The only negatives as far as I was concerned was the pocket door to the bathroom. The door was heavy and awkward. It was hard to get all the way closed and was very noisy. The other problem was the way the room was set up. The tv was placed to the side of the bed so that you would have to lay on your side to watch tv. The placement also made it difficult to see tv if you were laying behind the person closest to the tv. It was just awkward. Most layouts will have the tv at the bottom of the bed for optimum viewing.

Other than those two issues, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's other dining are located nearby as well as great shopping.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lake Tahoe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is my first review. But, I spend an average of 75 nights a year in hotels and thought it was time to start contributing here with some feedback. Sorry to say that what prompted my review was the condition of this hotel.

Sheratons are formulaic. So, I'm not expecting to be dazzled. But, I rely on them for a dependible product when on business in smaller markets. I though I was off to a good start when the front desk manager was attentive and professional on arrival. Property specific SPG promotion to spin a "wheel of fortune" for extra points or food amenity was also a nice touch--in addition to my SPG Plat welcome. Once the I got to room 630 on the club floor, sad to say that the rest of my experience on property went quite downhill.

My corner club floor room was indeed in the corner but there was no extra space or windows. So, no value given for the additional corner room charge. That's dissappointing. Wireless internet did not work. Thankfully the cable on the desk worked just fine to get some work done. Television had a large panel broken off the back that was propped up against the wall. Strange. But, it did work. So I guess that's not a great addition to the complaint column.

I will say that it was a true plus that the bed linens were fresh and clean; pillows fluffy and inviting. The collection of dead flies and dirt in the window were not. Furnishings are starting to show their age but still perfectly fine. There's nothing the hotel can do about its freeway location. If it's going to bother you, don't stay here.

For food and beverage, the room service food was actually inedible this time. This was a dramatic change from the last stay here when I found it fairly good. The steak was incredibly tough and tasteless. Pretty much a hunk of shoe leather. I took one bite of the carrot cake and quit while I was ahead. All around, a dissappointing end to the day. And, I will note that I'm not picky and take most meals for what they are. That is, I don't expect Thomas Keller is downstairs in the kitchen at a Sheraton in Pleasanton. But, I do expect that the line cook can send out something edible and maybe even seasoned with a little salt and pepper.

The club room is small but inviting. The attendant was super friendly and accomodating. This was refreshing. I skipped the couple of hot offerings for the evening reception. Didn't care since I get club access for free from SPG status. But, I would not advise on paying the upcharge to gain access. Also do not rely on it for dinner.

This property can and should do better. I would only stay here if absolutely necessary for business or you need the stay credit with SPG.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a corner room or the club floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business