“A pleasant experience”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a reservation at the Sheraton for two rooms and two nights checking in Saturday October 5 which was prepaid through Priceline. We arrived at the hotel around 2200 hours to be told that they only had one room available due to some unusual circumstances. They told us that they would pay for one night at the Holiday Inn, Dublin, across the freeway and the next day we would have a second room ready at the Sheraton. They offered everyone in our party a free buffet breakfast, that sells for $16 per person, and a nice room. Our relatives were in room 511 for two nights and we were in 501 for one night. Both rooms were clean, modern and were facing the mall, thus very quiet.
After the initial mixup, the whole experience at the Sheraton was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. All the employees we encountered were very friendly and very accomodating. Mr. Nathan Borris, the Director of Sales and Marketing, was the person that made sure that our stay was enjoyable and he was responsible for getting all the issues resolved.
The hotel is in a good location, close to two freeways, the mall across the street and various restaurants. Please check out the pictures I have taken and attached to this review.

Room Tip: get a room facing the mall if you want a quieter stay
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank justtravel
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear justtravel,
Thank you so much for the kind comments. We are so proud of our newly renovated hotel and the fantastic service we provide to each of our guests. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

As many Sheratons in the US the facilities are past their best days but this one has done a good job in renovating the rooms and facilities. Very nice SPG Club Lounge with good snacks in the evening and decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

We are excited to learn you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated hotel. In addition to the many upgrades our multimillion dollar renovation is enabling us to achieve, we are very proud of the 100% commitment we have to deliver the best services to our guests.
Sincerely, Mario S. Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well you live and you learn using Priceline. Having scrubbed the potential hotel list it looked like odds were in our favor for a name brand chain hotel in our higher star class. We landed this Sheraton for a "moving" trip through Northern Ca. for 2 nights. We showed up "late" as we were told at about 730 pm and we were placed in a room on the north end of the hotel because a conference was there and all of teh southern rooms were likely doled out first. What does that mean? Well I literally w/o a bit of exaggeration could have hit a car blazing 70 mph outside our window with a stone. A nice 8 lane highway with commuter train between the split highway was our view and background noise all night. Dont worry there was a chaion link fence to lessen the noise and provide a safe and comforatble feeling. I would say maybe 60 yards off the highway. A renovation going on, we also had the view of trailers and dumpsters throughout the back alley. When the concern of an inability to sleep was brought to the front desk we were first told nothing could be done other than trying to relocate us the next day. Pleading with priceline and offered some choice photos, they called the hotel. Was offered a 50% credit the next day which meant I was stuck for the night unlessI wanted to find another hotel. The sympathetic attendant then said "well we cant control where we are located and that there is a freeway there, and...well we have earplugs"....hmm there is a hint. Funny when we said yes bring them to the room they were never delivered. One awful night of sleep later we were moved the next day. Unless you enjoy sleeping against a washing machine on spin cycle, make sure you absolutely do not stay on the freeway side of this building.

Room Tip: Make sure you arent by this major expressway. I have yet to expereince or see a hotel as close as t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JKKGG
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear JKKGG,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback about your stay and sincerely apologize about the nosie and my team not delivering the item requested. Rest assured I have taken corrective measures. MArio Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was sort of trying to figure out how to sum this place up. There are two things that I really don't like about it. When I walked in to my room I was overcome by a very strong industrial air freshener smell. It was so strong that I considered rejecting the room. I decided to deal with it, but it's very unpleasant. There is a huge window in the room, but I can't open it! I hate when you can't get fresh air in a stuffy hotel room. Furthermore, my window faces the highway. The highway noise is very loud. It comes right through the walls. On the plus side, the room is pretty nicely appointed and seems clean. It has a small mini fridge too.

Check in was a bit slow. I was a little irritated when I arrived later in the evening and had to wait in the regular check in line overloaded with bags, clearly looking tired, another couple with small children waiting behind me, etc.--meanwhile the second VIP (gold/platinum member blah blah blah) check in desk was available and staffed by no less than three employees who ignored the long line. Didn't see any VIPs show up while us commoners were waiting. It would have been cool to perhaps acknowledge us and offer to check us in.
I didn’t check out the lounge or the other parts of the hotel. I’m just staying for one night. Overall, there are definitely better choices in the area. This place should be more of a last resort, but nonetheless, an OK/average hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room AWAY from the highway
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear lindsay_D2007,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize about the smell you found in your room (I have addressed it with our Houskeeping Team) and the noise from the freeway. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I requested a room not facing the freeway and was accommodated easily. Room was quiet and clean. They had yummy cookies in the lobby one night, and complimentary bottles of water in the room. Very close to the freeway, a BART station, and a large mall which was convenient. WiFi worked well. There was some remodeling going on which prevented access to the stairs on our side of the building. But we did not notice any construction noise and most of the time there was little wait to use the elevator. Plenty of parking as well.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our visit to the Bay area to watch the Ohio State vs. Cal game. The hotel itself is a bit old and the wear and tear shows. Rooms were recently renovated but didn't really have a "new" feel to it. Service at the front desk was nothing special and not what I normally expect from Starwood properties. However, I must point out one gentleman that stood out amongst others that went out of his way to get my daughter cookies that the staff removed for the night. Very appreciative of that. Location of the hotel is right next to a mall that pretty much has everything in and around it. Found that very convenient. May consider other Starwood properties if and when we go back to the Bay area.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear bulion33,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am pleased to inform you we are close to completing a multimillion dollar renovation of our hotel, which will greatly rejuvenate our facility. We look forward at the opportunity to continue being of service to you. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and found this the most dirty Sheraton I have ever visited including those abroad. The poor service and inadequate service level were sup rising, but not as much as the fact that management simply did not seem to care. The lounge on the first floor was terrible, the promised breakfast on the weekend did not happen with no apology or any compensation made. Also the snacks available were some granola bars and bottles of water - can you say WORST LOUNGE EVER!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear JetSetterBC,
I sincrely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I will personally address to prevent re-occurrence. Sincerely, Mario Salvatore - General Manager.