“Fine”

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I guess the best description is that it is what you might expect for a Sheraton in the suburbs. It's adequate, but fairly low-end. Many of the rooms are adjacent to the freeway, making them very loud. The workaround is to get on a higher floor and to run the air conditioning unit as a white noise generator.

The "gift shop" has things like candy and drinks, along with microwavable meals like chicken pot pies and biscuit sandwiches -- kind of gross and akin to what you would find in a gas station mini mart. I had the breakfast in the morning and it had plenty of fresh fruit, which was nice, but otherwise was similar to, or perhaps a slight step up from what you would find at a family motel (make-your-own waffles, bacon, boxed cereals, etc.) The service was terrible/nonexistent, but that's likely due to the fact that I was there toward the end of the service time.

The rooms are fine -- no complaints. The fitness center is pretty minimal and the treadmill didn't work very well. Parking and wifi were free, which was great. The staff was friendly and courteous.

I will give it three stars because that means average, which is a pretty good description for this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get on the non-freeway side but if you can't, then get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Allison R
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Allison R,
We thank you for sharing your feedback and for staying with us. I will pass on the kind comments to my team regarding our friendly and corteous staff and will follow up in the areas where we did not meet your expectation.in our restaurant. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Every time we come back to this place is always nice and friendly staff, we stay frequently and return back every time.(Feb. 28-March 3) My wife and I drove from Tahoe for a get away from the Snow. She have a business meeting at the corporate.So convenient to Golf courses, shopping centers, and sight seeing sites. While, my wife is at the meetings, I have lots of activities while staying here. Hotel is a great place to rest & freshen up. And take my wife to dine after a long day at the corporate meeting. Sheraton is close to great restaurants.

Room Tip: Only tip: Don't Stay in room #111, it is next to the meeting room. Sunday it have a church gath...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear 1053seirra,
We are so happy to learn you had a "Great Stay" here with us. Our newly renovated guestrooms, convenient location and tremendous service delivery from each of our associates does make our hotel "the hotel of choice" in the Tri-Valley. I will pass on your kind comments to my team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This Sheraton Hotel definitely earned this review - it met and exceeded the majority of my expectations.

Check-in was fast and easy with the hotel staff. One of the staff, who I think was new, was very considerate and helpful regarding my concerns. That hotel receptionist made me feel welcomed and appreciated; she was the catalyst to this wonderful stay. Her name was Lolu or something, I couldn't really catch her name so a shout out to her.

I had a traditional king room and as I was walking in through the door, it was mind-blowing. Although slightly small, the room had many positives. The carpet was soft, comfortable and maintained very well. The bed was so amazing it was like wrestling with quicksand trying to get out. The decor was appropriate and made the room feel cozy. Of all the positives, the biggest highlight for me was the bathroom - it was gorgeous.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear xHaL,
On behalf of my entire team here at the Sheraton Pleasanton, I want to thank you for posting your review and for recognizing the tremendous efforts we make to provide superb products (newly renovated guestrooms) and amazing service - we take pride in our efforts to go above and beyond to take care of our guests. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. SIncerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

SPG GOLD MEMBER

I stayed here because the location, closed to bart .
Stayed for 3 night, 3 rooms. on January 3rd.

Here what i got

Nobody will help you with luggage, self service hotel.

DIrty room (3rd floor), carpet dirty -bread crumbs under the tv table, dust on the table and night table worst than motel 6.

Room in front of me is under construction, door is widely open, paint smelled everywhere and loud banging even on weekend.

Free breakfast- Don't even sweat it one day omelette and waffle is free the next day you need to pay for it not standard, burnt sausage, burnt bacon, lousy food.

Waiter on weekdays (lady), very nice and very helpful on weekend(guy) cannot be found, the only time he appears is closed to closing hour and very rude.

Front desk, is very nice, they said will give me compliment SPG points on all the trouble but nothing happen after two month .

Kids got sicks cause this dirty hotel.

Please stay away ,not family friendly hotel, if they treat their GOLD spg customer like this, i dont see they have problem to treat other customer worst.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing mall
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yosua C

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry for the issues you encountered while staying here with us. I will look into the situations that caused such inconvenience, take corrective measures and prevent re-occurrence. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

On the positive side, this hotel is right across the street from Stoneridge mall. Our main complaint and poor review mostly based on probably one of the worst nights of sleep ever! We didn't even pay attention to the size of the beds until we got back to our room at 11:00 pm and got in them. My wife, myself and our two young kids. We all sleep no problem with 2 queens or 2 kings all the time when we travel. These were double beds, old school double bed size. My wife and I are fit people, there was no room for us on this bed, not to mention the mattress was just uncomfortable as hell! Every time one of us would move the other would wake. It was honestly one of the worst nights of sleep I've had in a long time. I woke up with a soar back and side! If there was a couch I would have slept on that! The kids didn't sleep either bumping into each other all night!
When we checked in we were told we could upgrade to lounge floor where we could have the happy hour which we couldn't make and the breakfast, we thought good idea. We were told 6:30 to 11:00 we could get breakfast. Well, turns out it was 6:30 to 9:00 is the lounge breakfast and 6:30 to 11:00 is the restaurant breakfast. We didn't head down to eat until little after 9:00, when we found the lounge food all cleaned up I was ready to blow a gasket! I went down to front desk, told the lady right away I was not happy, explained everything to her, she did her best to handle things. For that I want to Thank Tamela at the front desk, she did her best to comfort me and she did comp us breakfast in the restaurant and really cared that I was unhappy. She was truly the highlight of our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you only get room with king bed, if you need two beds get two rooms! If you need to have...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paul M.,
I want to thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding our beds and the restaurant clearing out very early. I will look into the reason why this happened and will correct. I appreciate you acknowledging Tamela for making an effort to accomodate your needs. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered with us. Genuinely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights last eek - staff was very courteous, rooms were clean and recently remodeled. Had a room overlooking the mall, so I didn't have to worry about noise from the highway. Hotel was right next to the BART station, making it very convenient to get to SF. I will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our newly renovated hotel, combined with our fabulous staff and services does make it to a wonderful stay at our hotel. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My teenage son and I stayed the weekend at the Sheraton Pleasanton and had such a wonderful time. BART is only 2 blocks away and we went into San Francisco for the day. Came back to such fabulous service and a beautiful room. Made us feel like it was our "home away from home". Relaxing in the Pool & spa was a perfect ending to a perfect day! As per my teenage son - BEST ROOM EVER!!! Thank you for such a wonderful get-away!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Robin A,
We are so happy you and your son had a wonderful stay here with us. Our convenient location, newly remodeled rooms and fabulous service indeed make us the place to be in Pleasanton. We thank you for your feedback and HIGHEST rating. We look forward to welcoming you and your son back in the near future.

Mario Lopez - General Manager